• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Tusk

Apparently Dracomon gets two different eggs for the two evolution lines: one dark colored egg and one light colored egg.

In similar news, the requirement for the anime eggs is BS and makes Omegamon a bigger pain than Alphamon to get. You need to connect to five different V-pets. I don't know if it's been confirmed whether old V-pets and Digivices count towards the number. It seems resetting and changing the name of another 20th anniversary V-pet will make it count as a different connection each time.

Do you have pics of the differences? The 20th website only shows the one Dracomon egg, which I unlocked.

I heard something completely different for the anime eggs, I heard you just need to go another digimon or two after unlocking the anniversary eggs. That really would be BS if it's as you said though. Definitely gonna be going for Omegamon last then.

Do you have pics of the differences? The 20th website only shows the one Dracomon egg, which I unlocked.

I heard something completely different for the anime eggs, I heard you just need to go another digimon or two after unlocking the anniversary eggs. That really would be BS if it's as you said though. Definitely gonna be going for Omegamon last then.

Yeah, this is what they look like.
sweFscX.gif
GxI0TS5.gif

I got the pics and info from here.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guess Appmon's winding down based on how they rushed through this Arc, guess we have about 8-10 episodes left...

Wonder if this is gonna be it for anime Digimon (Universe) for the time being---I can't see Appmon really getting a sequel, and it doesn't seem like there's any interest in airing a mainline Digimon franchise with Tri. out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
..I REALLY REALLY hate how everything phone case related in Japan is for iPhone!!! Between these and the Sailor Moon stained glass cases that came out a while back... it sucks :/

Tusk

Got ZubaEagermon and BaoHackmon a couple days ago. ZubaEagermon weapon form is different from Zubamon. So, I'm sure it's different in the next two levels too.

Tusk

How do you get the extra eggs? On my first gen still with champions.

One is doing 80 or so battles, one is raising a digimon once, one is raising 6 digimon, and the last I don't know. Just make sure you do a bunch of battles, take care of your digimon and get them to ultimate and you'll probably get the last one no prob. And for the anime egg, you wont be getting without another vpet.

One is doing 80 or so battles, one is raising a digimon once, one is raising 6 digimon, and the last I don't know. Just make sure you do a bunch of battles, take care of your digimon and get them to ultimate and you'll probably get the last one no prob. And for the anime egg, you wont be getting without another vpet.

Thanks, I have a blue v pet sealed on top. Of my. Brown one but there's nothing extra like with the other colours right? Probably just going to wait and open one of those.

Gin-Shiio

Okay, I won't lie. I think AppliMonsters is the best season in a long time. It's getting really good, and the AppliDriver+Appmon interactions are on-point. Everyone has so much personality.

Okay, I won't lie. I think AppliMonsters is the best season in a long time. It's getting really good, and the AppliDriver+Appmon interactions are on-point. Everyone has so much personality.

Yeah, the characters are what really sells it. Even in the weaker episodes, you'll still be somewhat entertained by their shenanigans. It's strange, because when you initially hear what the main cast is: protagonist, idol, "Apptube" star, and hacker, you don't expect much.

Tusk

Welp, got them to perfect and then got busy today and they died before reaching ultimate. Time to try again. Was hoping to get them to ultimate before the 21st but I guess that's not happening. What I get for not making them sleep.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I finally caught up with fourth batch of Digimon Adventure Tri, so they actually remembered that there were kids who went to the digital World prior to the Adventure crews that actually caught me off by surprise as I always wanted them to explore that angle and I thought that they would in Zero Two.

Welp, got them to perfect and then got busy today and they died before reaching ultimate. Time to try again. Was hoping to get them to ultimate before the 21st but I guess that's not happening. What I get for not making them sleep.
My Digimon have to take naps all the time. I don't think they'd stay alive long if they didn't.

So I finally caught up with fourth batch of Digimon Adventure Tri, so they actually remembered that there were kids who went to the digital World prior to the Adventure crews that actually caught me off by surprise as I always wanted them to explore that angle and I thought that they would in Zero Two.

I was so on board when that opening hit, then the rest of part 4 happened, blah.

It feels like Tri wastes so much of its time on nothing. There was stuff in Adventure and a ton of stuff in 02 that could be expanded upon, but we just watch characters go in circles instead. And while I'm lukewarm to her, Meiko taking up screen time is a little frustrating. I'd even rather have that time dedicated to Miyako, because at least she was a previous character. At least we got the Meicoomon line out of it, I guess.

I can only hope the last two parts manage to deliver.

Erv

..I REALLY REALLY hate how everything phone case related in Japan is for iPhone!!! Between these and the Sailor Moon stained glass cases that came out a while back... it sucks :/

Absolutely the only time in my life I ever wanted an iphone.

Spying new Digimon to Hackers Memory from V-Jump leaks only gave us Pandamon this time. Maybe more but current scans too blurry for now. Also Jimmy-Ken
and new mysterious masked Hacker character. Agumon gets more hats as well.

Also Super Duper Scooper Spoilers for Appmon. They revealed Leviathan in manga.

So spoilers

So Leviathan is girl. Aahahahahahhahaha

^^ The hat is showing off the new accessories you can buy for your Digimon with the coins you earn from online battles. Linkz is getting X-Antibody Digimon, which may hint at them coming to Hacker's Memory. If not, a future Digimon game, at least.

The V-pet Art Book (which is still going up for preorder in Japan on the 28th) will be 4500 yen.

graphics look the same?

Hacker's Memory is pretty much Cyber Sleuth 1.5. Like Shin Megami Tensei: Apocalypse is to Shin Megami Tensei 4, or Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 is to Pokemon Black and White.

^^ The hat is showing off the new accessories you can buy for your Digimon with the coins you earn from online battles. Linkz is getting X-Antibody Digimon, which may hint at them coming to Hacker's Memory. If not, a future Digimon game, at least. .

Well first game had Agumon only costumes, so I wasnt sure was it those new decorations.

I'm probably stll the only one who doesnt give a shit about X-Antibody forms. They are like, priority tier 10. Almost anything would be better to get in first.

^^ The hat is showing off the new accessories you can buy for your Digimon with the coins you earn from online battles. Linkz is getting X-Antibody Digimon, which may hint at them coming to Hacker's Memory. If not, a future Digimon game, at least.

The V-pet Art Book (which is still going up for preorder in Japan on the 28th) will be 4500 yen.

About time. I'm glad to see X-Antibody Digimon getting some love again. It's been far too long on that count.

Glad to see SkullSatamon in, along with Phantomon. The lineup is definitely filling out nicely. The only real concern I have right now is that we haven't seen any Frontier or Xros Wars Digimon after getting a couple of them in Next Order. I don't want to go backwards on that front.

In other news, Agumon is going to cameo in Appmon, voiced by Chika Sakamoto.

So many line-fixes and lines. Maybe there is hope for Monochromon.

What other incomplete lines are there left? Cant remember if there are.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
(Been quiet in here lately...)

Well, I caught up to Appmon once again.

Eps 40-42

Pretty good fight with the 4 big bads, felt climatic, yet there's still a little bit left to go. We still need to have that final Leviathan fight! So, we know Hajime is definitely an Appmon (once again, there goes my theory :p Guess Knight isn't him!) With such a series battle where everyone practically died, the humor in 42 was great. "JUMPINGGGGG HAPPYYYYYYY THUNDERRRRR!!!!" One of the best things on the show :p And now Hajime is retrieved and is a Sleepmon. I guess that makes sense.

(Been quiet in here lately...)

I try to keep posting in here, but there's only so much of my avatar I can tolerate on a single page, lol. (I'm pretty sure my posts make up at least an eighth of this thread. >.>)

Anyway, some random news:

The 20th Anniversary V-pet Art Book should be going up for preorder today in Japan.

Premium Bandai is making it easier to purchase the 20th Anniversary Digivices from outside of Japan.
Cexjfzp.jpg

More Dukemon Crimson Mode preorder details.

ZDHD3RT.jpg

Someone beat me to the sprites, which is good, because those CPU battles are unfairly skewed later on.
8WzqNYW.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No 1 poster, in fact! (I'm no 3). There was a lot of game/v-pet discussion, but then that died down...

Any links for the artbook?

I'll be ordering that Dukemon, cause full GEM set :/ No idea where I'll even put it...

Lynx_7

I really hope Hacker's Memory gets a better localization, Cyber Sleuth's was really rough.

I'm bummed out about the heavy asset recycling but I enjoyed SMT: Apocalypse despite similar issues so I should be fine on that front. It's just the complete lack of improvements on areas I hoped they'd address in a sequel (shoddy dungeons and cheap presentation on dialogue cutscenes just to name a few) that are killing my hype for this a little bit. I guess that's just business as usual for a Bandai anime game, but it's still disappointing as hell that they wouldn't give this a slightly bigger budget after the first game's success.

Well, hopefully they'll at least improve enemy balance if nothing else. Getting to actually explore the Digimon's World would also be nice.

More merchandise appears!

Preorders for the art book are open.

God, that looks so good.

Digimon art at a decent-looking size? Yes, please.

you know, all this while I never realized dukemon crimson mode's weapon is 2 lance patched together on a handle

I only just noticed that recently as well. It's a really weird weapon when you think about it.

I really hope Hacker's Memory gets a better localization, Cyber Sleuth's was really rough.

I'm bummed out about the heavy asset recycling but I enjoyed SMT: Apocalypse despite similar issues so I should be fine on that front. It's just the complete lack of improvements on areas I hoped they'd address in a sequel (shoddy dungeons and cheap presentation on dialogue cutscenes just to name a few) that are killing my hype for this a little bit. I guess that's just business as usual for a Bandai anime game, but it's still disappointing as hell that they wouldn't give this a slightly bigger budget after the first game's success.

Well, hopefully they'll at least improve enemy balance if nothing else. Getting to actually explore the Digimon's World would also be nice.

The fact that they are pushing online points towards them actually trying to improve the gameplay balance somewhat.

The cheap cutscenes were always going to be in a .5 sequel, but yeah, dungeon variety doesn't look great so far. Hopefully, the new areas make up for it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Figure news:

Looks like Diaboromon is finally showing back up again! I can't tell what the white figure behind Agumon/Wargreymon is, though.

The GEM train doesn't end! *sigh*... I have NO IDEA where that darn Greymon will fit! I feel like the box he'll get shipped in will be HUGE!!! Guess it's a good thing I got mine off Crunchyroll; will come in a little later than when released, but is a lot more local to ship something of that mass.

Digimon news dump to add to the above Digimon news.

tri. Part 5 trailer and cover (The end of the trailer has implications.)

Digimon Game Community website is set to open on August 9th. The Japanese release date and pre order bonuses for Hacker's Memory will be revealed then.

Lifesize Tailmon/Gatomon plush

Trailer for the Stage Play (more puppets!)

A blu-ray release of Tamers was confirmed at DigiFes. Comes out in April for 53,800 yen. It's been a long enough wait. Brand new CD drama, too.

Yesssss. The Drama CD is written by Chiaki J. Konaka too!

Figure news:

I have to be the only one tired of Taichi, Yamato, Hikari, and Takeru mechandise. They are cute though (They stole my sibling pair idea!). Good luck on finding space for your GEM figures, lol.

Tease at the end of the Tri trailer is really interesting.

I'm a huge Digimon fan, but generally don't post about things I'm not interested in. I don't really care about figures and I'm not that interested in the current show unless it gets official subs. Whenever someone brings up older shows or games though I'll be posting a lot more.

Appmon episode 43 was really nice. Rei's development has been pretty great over the last few episodes, and the plot is really coming into focus now.
It was a great twist that Hajime being kidnapped wasn't actually to do with Rei, but rather because Hajime himself was special.

Digimon Game Community website is set to open on August 9th. The Japanese release date and pre order bonuses for Hacker's Memory will be revealed then.

Can't wait for this. I'm ready to pre-order Hacker's Memory as soon as they reveal the release date. Here's hoping for some good first print bonuses, too.

Yesssss. The Drama CD is written by Chiaki J. Konaka too!

Yeah, I was really excited when I read that. Happy that they got Konaka back for this.

I have to be the only one tired of Taichi, Yamato, Hikari, and Takeru mechandise. They are cute though (They stole my sibling pair idea!). Good luck on finding space for your GEM figures, lol.

The sibling pairs idea is at least a nice one, and the figures look really good.

Still no sign of any Frontier figures, though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guessing Hajime knew something about Yuujin he told Rei off-screen since at the end Rei gives Yuujin a suspicious look.

Also I totally called Hajime's identity when we first found out he became an Appmon. Knew Hackmon being him was too on the nose, but perhaps quite fitting once we learned how intelligent he actually was.

Hacker's Memory cover art, preorder DLC, and special edition info.
Cool boxart. Unfortunately, I think this seals the deal on no femc, which I think would make this the first Digimon Story without the option? I really hope the mc has an actual character to make it sting less.

The Sistermon DLC better not be as limited as the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon DLC in the West. The fact that people still don't have the option to buy them is disappointing.

Yikes, not even a Blu-ray and it's that price.

Top Bottom