• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes [Impressions from Nasu]

Ahhh, I was just wondering since he isn't link to a magazine or review site as such.

My department (and thus my power) has been growing recently. They let me send 2 guys from the fan community instead of them stuffy press guys.

I love the press guys, please don't spear me.

RangerBAD

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes |OT| Too short for cardboard boxes

tumblr_mlj1djwMmE1rmy6uao4_500.gif

MormaPope

Banned
I don't, a lot of games give you a not-so-great percentage for doing the bare minimum story mission, with the recent Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition being a prime example (I think you only get around 60% when just beating the game and not collecting stuff) The question of course is if the other 91% will be fun and not pointless. I'm optimistic so I will say yes :)

The lack of a cardboard box on the other hand pretty much invalidates Ground Zeroes not just as a canonical entry in the series. Spinoff confirmed.

That sorta thing has always happened in the GTA games, has always bugged me.

Whompa

I knew it...

Good to hear there's a good amount of content and that the controls and game runs great on ps4. That's going to be my break in "prelude game" for ps4.

AAK

I only ever used a cardboard box once in MGS1 when I had to hitch a ride on the jeep. Never used it since. The true staple of the series is:

MGS_Exclamation_Mark_Icon.png

My department (and thus my power) has been growing recently. They let me send 2 guys from the fan community instead of them stuffy press guys.

I love the press guys, please don't spear me.

Ah, cool. That's pretty interesting actually, I'm glad they're giving you the ability to do things like that.

I'm sure the stuffy press guys will be OK. :D

If collectathon BS makes up the rest of the completion percentage, I can think of nothing more fucking boring...absolute tedium. So you can mess around and make it seem longer, you can do that in any game, doesn't even need to be a sandbox. Dicking around isn't content.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mitch Dyer ‏@MitchyD 4m
This is not a bad thing. Its stealth mechanics are very strong. Environmental hiding places, light/dark make up for it :)

Between Ground Zeroes and Blacklist, Splinter Cell is doing pretty ok for itself as a series now. Still not at Chaos Theory levels, but out of the Double Agent and Conviction quality ghetto for sure.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Good to know of completion %. Side missions will probably take a huge percentage.

I wonder, on the cardboard box, if it's because he didn't find any or if it was something he asked and was answered.

Can't fucking wait for this guys... even though it's only 90 mins.. down to pay $40 even tho that's a little pricey (i'd only do it for MGS)

I'm really glad kojima improved the controls and frame rate... MGS4 felt too clunky imo. I can already tell this is a lot more fluid and silky smooth.

MGSV + FFXV.... the reason I got a PS4. Every other game is irrelevant!!

Squire

Banned
I just caught that hashtag in my feed a few minutes ago and going through it, it reads like box quotes. It's a preview event, too, which means the guys there are being buttered like bread to make sure they walk away positive. (Notice Mitch is just saying "More in March."

The game needs to just come out at this point. I don't trust Konami on the matter and it's ditto for what strikes me as a bunch of fans at an event.

Seriously, read some of those tweets. Hyperbole as far as the eye can see. The guys from GI were positive, but they didn't sound like that.

RPGCrazied

Still think its to short for it to cost as much as it does. Is this game getting a preorder bonus or not? Probably the only way I will day 1 it at this point.

Ah, cool. That's pretty interesting actually, I'm glad they're giving you the ability to do things like that.

I'm sure the stuffy press guys will be OK. :D

My biggest hope? That this is all a huge success and a million, billion people buy the game and maybe I get a slightly bigger desk to fit all my PlayArtsKAI figures, and next time we can send like, 3 guys.

They can get rid of boxes, but only if you have the ability to disguise yourself as a sheep in Afghanistan

The joke 'Tactical Equestrionage Action' came up in meetings last week.

My biggest hope? That this is all a huge success and a million, billion people buy the game and maybe I get a slightly bigger desk to fit all my PlayArtsKAI figures, and next time we can send like, 3 guys.

The joke 'Tactical Equestrionage Action' came up in meetings last week.

I hope it sells like shit so it doesn't set a horrible precedent.

I'm buying 2 copies, UK and Japanese for the art, so if you get a bigger desk, I'd like to go to The Phantom Pain play date. :p

Shin-Ra

I preordered on Amazon (PS4 £28, gone up to £30 now) just incase. Just gonna sit back and see how much meat there really is on the bone before deciding.

This thread is gonna get really ugly, really fast.

I hope not, but it's definitely a possibility. Only wanted to share information. Whether or not we trust the accuracy of these impressions is ultimately on us, I suppose, but definitely thought they deserved a read at the very least.

See, second opinions help.

That they do. Positive or negative, they give you a better idea of what to expect (and what not to expect). I'm sure that by the time March 18 rolls around, gamers will have all of the information they need to make an informed decision on whether or not they should give the game a shot.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I only ever used a cardboard box once in MGS1 when I had to hitch a ride on the jeep. Never used it since. The true staple of the series is:

MGS_Exclamation_Mark_Icon.png

I thought it was confirmed that the exclamation mark was going to be removed? The sound is still there I believe.

Mr. RHC

Impression from Egoraptor:

qfYigGv.png

And I'm out, not getting GZ, I'm just gonna wait for TPP. I can't deal with a 2 hours game and no substantial story and message at all.

It's not a stealth game anymore, there's little story, cutscenes reduced, codec probably not existant... sigh

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

GunBR

I thought it was confirmed that the exclamation mark was going to be removed? The sound is still there I believe.

Kojima:

I actually considered not including the ‘!’ mark that appears when enemies discover you. The staff said, ‘if you get rid of it, it’ll cause an uproar!’ Considering the console specs, it would have been possible to substitute with facial expressions and gestures. But when the character visuals are that realistic, you need to have a certain element of ambiguity.

cackhyena

qfYigGv.png

And I'm out, not getting GZ, I'm just gonna wait for TPP. I can't deal with a 2 hours game and no substantial story and message at all.

It's not a stealth game anymore, there's little story, cutscenes reduced, codec probably not existant... sigh

Ahahaha

GunBR

qfYigGv.png

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...ot-camp-not-a-two-hour-game-best-stealth-yet/

"Completed a full-stealth run of MGSV:GZ. Stealth is the best it’s been yet. Controls are more fluid while staying true to MGS."

"Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Just saw the ending. Goosebumps. Disbelief. Shock. *reboots game* I’m going back in."

JCizzle

So is the % going to go up with "collect 10 dogtags", "read 3 adult magazines", "interrogate 5 guards without being seen", and "collect 8 red shines"?

Because I think we all saw that coming.

Yep, need more info. Still sounds like a horrible business proposition for consumers.

Top Bottom