• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I've always worried a bit about this. Let's say that Game Installment #3 comes out on the U. I mean, is it okay to wish aloud that that I'd love to see #s 1 & 2 brought over, taking note that it could be a lucrative move for the publisher/developer?

Well, you all have a tendency to do that rather spitefully, at least in this thread. :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, whether its MS or Sony, I can't see them BOTH ignoring the fact that Nintendo is releasing a new console that WILL be direct competition with their "core" gamer market. I think it almost forces them in a way.
This is what I've been thinking as well. While I wouldn't say Microsoft and Sony are forced to present new hardware at E3 this year, most certainly will they have to provide something truly spectacular to combat Nintendo's entirely new system. In recent years, Microsoft and Sony have changed quite drastically when it comes to media briefings at E3. Microsoft focuses mostly on Kinect and applications for it while Sony's briefing is reminiscent of a PowerPoint presentation (in terms of layout). It's not how it used to be with glamor, overblown spec sheets and deluding, "pre-rendered" scenes of games presented as real time experiences (Killzone 2 at E3 2005 for example, though I still don't know the truth about it). The conferences of Microsoft and Sony don't really pack a punch anymore in my opinion. It will most certainly change though once they start unraveling Durango and Orbis; whether it will be this year or the next is the question. Regardless of what happens in a month, I don't think they are just gonna sit there idly while Nintendo shows off the new Super Mario Bros. game for Wii U and perhaps Retro Studios' project(s).

ipjYVlsl8QHZy.gif

guek

Banned
Wanna know the real reason I'm excited about clicky sticks? Cuz I still hate em. Can't stand em, really.

But if Harker is telling the truth, it can only mean one thing...that the change was made at the request of 3rd party devs. Nintendo historically has had zero interest in clicky sticks, and I think the initial controller revision shows they had no intention of implementing them in the future. They're listening!!

Wanna know the real reason I'm excited about clicky sticks? Cuz I still hate em. Can't stand em, really.

But if Harker is telling the truth, it can only mean one thing...that the change was made at the request of 3rd party devs. Nintendo historically has had zero interest in clicky sticks, and I think the initial controller revision shows they had no intention of implementing them in the future. They're listening!!
I'm gonna enjoy them twice as hard because you hate them. I like them so much that while games are loading or during cut scenes I always be clicking them because I like the feeling of it.

Also click sticks being added means analog triggers got added for sheezy.

Kerub

Banned

But how would you sprint in CoD?

I'm gonna enjoy them twice as hard because you hate them. I like them so much that while games are loading or during cut scenes I always be clicking them because I like the feeling of it.

Also click sticks being added means digital triggers got added for sheezy.
I thought the triggers were already digital. Y'mean analog? :p

teeny

I like them so much that while games are loading or during cut scenes I always be clicking them because I like the feeling of it.

I.....I thought I was the only one.

Might participate a bit in this thread now its likely to heat up a bit. You guys seem to be having so much fun.

I'm so sorry you got banned, man. D:

Anyway, can somebody actually confirm for me somehow whether this Harker fellow is DefensiveReject 2.0 (or even just a speculator) or a person who can reasonably be said to have access to this sort of knowledge? I would like to know because I have a new Summary file for the thread that wants to be filled.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Anyway, can somebody actually confirm for me somehow whether this Harker fellow is DefensiveReject 2.0 or a person who can reasonably be said to have access to this sort of knowledge? I would like to know because I have a new Summary file for the thread that wants to be filled.

In my experience he is legit.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Harker is real.
Yeah, I'm glad this is apparently true but this feels so random. When was his last post? Dude zoomed in here quick like a UFO.
Which is what busy people in a position to know this kind of thing do.
See also lherre, arkam.

guek

Banned

Anyway, can somebody actually confirm for me somehow whether this Harker fellow is DefensiveReject 2.0 or a person who can reasonably be said to have access to this sort of knowledge? I would like to know because I have a new Summary file for the thread that wants to be filled.

Harker is a well established dev. He posts frequently in the NPD thread with corrections or gives sales ranges and nobody questions him. He was the one who was at GDC this year and said the Wii U launch had some hot titles incoming.

Nibel

Harker was GDC and saw some Wii U stuff behind closed doors; said it looked good .

I think he is reliable.

Harker...I remember him supposedly having some insider info in a past thread. I'm too lazy to look it up.

If so, good bomba. It would reflect well that Nintendo is willing to include a feature that they themselves didn't innovate.

I'm calling voice control next. Better than Kinect too...

Except for the word "blue."

Not even 300 posts in and we get our first leak. Things are looking good.

RE: That ban site. It's all fake. Only has one of my bans and has the completely wrong reason and a fake quote from me.

Nilaul

Clickable thumpads (how will that work, ideas?)

While were at this.. everything should be clickable... including the touchscreen (that should be pressure senisitive).

Nilaul

Harker...I remember him supposedly having some insider info in a past thread. I'm too lazy to look it up.

If so, good bomba. It would reflect well that Nintendo is willing to include a feature that they themselves didn't innovate.

I'm calling voice control next. Better than Kinect too...

Except for the word "blue."

I believe Nintendo allready had voice control before kinect (nintendo ds) that Odama GC game. Then "hey you pikachu on N64"

Kerub

Banned
Clicky sticks have messed up my playstation controllers so bad. The left sticks are really sloppy, haha.

This 100X ,,,,,clickable sticks are awful, unnatural and the worst thing that Micro brought to the industry (if they did cuz If Im not mistaken it started with the 360) ,,,,

personally, I dont nintendo can do anything to "improve" whats already broken,,

but thats just my opinion though

Redford

aka Cabbie
Looks like we're back on track with this new leak.

eFOqG.gif

This 100X ,,,,,clickable sticks are awful, unnatural and the worst thing that Micro brought to the industry (if they did cuz If Im not mistaken it started with the 360) ,,,,

personally, I dont nintendo can do anything to "improve" whats already broken,,

but thats just my opinion though

Just an extra couple of buttons, no reason not to include them now.

In my experience he is legit.

Harker is real.

Which is what busy people in a position to know this kind of thing do.
See also lherre, arkam.

Harker is a well established dev. He posts frequently in the NPD thread with corrections or gives sales ranges and nobody questions him. He was the one who was at GDC this year and said the Wii U launch had some hot titles incoming.

Harker was GDC and saw some Wii U stuff behind closed doors; said it looked good .

I think he is reliable.

Thanks, guys. I'd heard the name before, but famous people on GAF are just as likely to be famous for the wrong reason as for the right. I will keep his name in mind. :)

Subtitle still to be decided it seems.

Looking at the thread title now, I think it should be called:
Wii U Speculation Thread V - Page 400

That way, when you look at it now, it'd seem to say "Wii U Speculation Thread V - Page 400 - Page 6", and who needs to be not confused anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom