• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

@Krev Honestly what Harker posted isn't big at all. It just industy standards. Hes not gonna loose his job over this. If Ideaman leaked something absolutely huge then it would be over for all his connections, and then probably his job.

dacuk

Was going through some of the newly published Nintendo patent applications and bumped into the "new" gun-shell design.

At first glance it seemed only the shell's design changed but then I noticed the "built-in nunhuck"...... with what it seems an extra button!?

ghfv3kud.jpg

Old?

Just imagining a Silent Scope Collection with this....

test_account

XP-39C²
Only because they had no give! They still felt digital. In order to make sure I was throwing a hard pass in Madden, I'd have to murder the damn thing!

If Nintendo gave the face button just a touch more depth for depression without it being cumbersome for digital use, I'd be intrigued.
It works fine for some games. It can be very noticeable in racing games for example. I remember that from i.e GT5. I never had to press the button damn hard to get maximum effect of it. You have to apply some pressure, that is true, but not "murder". I also remember in Metal Gear Online that you chocked a guy harder by pressing the button harder. Some interesting stuff, but nothing really amazing in my opinion.

I dont think that it changes much even if someone makes it more sensitive because the system has already been there for years, but i've yet to see someone come up with any amazing ideas for it. I dont think that the sensitivity level have been a big hurdle for this. But we will see what happends in the future :)

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
By already said they fixed the trigger problem
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Hope it's true!
Were his rumors true?
Haha, nope.
Do you have a link to the "leak"?
Long since lost to the dust of time, I'm afraid.
@Krev Honestly what Harker posted isn't big at all. It just industy standards. Hes not gonna loose his job over this. If Ideaman leaked something absolutely huge then it would be over for all his connections, and then probably his job.
Has IdeaMan ever leaked something on the level of Harker's post?

Man we are on the 5th speculation thread without knowing that..Its kinda big lol as sad as that sounds..

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Since we are on the subject, I was skiesofwonder on Gamefaqs/IGN and the only reason you tease and dribble out "information" is for attention.

Try not to hate me, I was only 13 at the time. :p

BurntPork

Banned

Considering the fact that he's no longer working in the industry, I think he's fine there. :p

Nilaul

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Hope it's true!

Haha, nope.

Long since lost to the dust of time, I'm afraid.

Has IdeaMan ever leaked something on the level of Harker's post?

Maybe IdeaMan just knows bigger things. Something his connections would get him for. :p

Considering the fact that he's no longer working in the industry, I think he's fine there. :p

The connections are still usefull to keep though.

Nilaul

Go go go go nintendo say's /?mode=viewstory&id=176687

Again, this is one I've called my local store about by had no confirmation, so take with a grain of salt.

Reader Joey claims that his local GameStop has a listing in its computer system for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Wii U. These systems should all be pulling information from the same database, which has me puzzled as to why a listing would show up in one and not another. Call up your local GameStop and see what they say!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That nunchuk + Wii U pad is terrible. The pad is way too big for that without making the whole thing look like an abomination.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There will be a catch like only one stick is clickable.

Or the clicks are just for decoration/an expensive click counter.

Hoo-doo

Banned
1) Price?
349 USD for the base package.

2) Release date?
14 November 2012

3) Bullshit xbox360-based Multiplier Equivalent?
Roughly five gamecubes taped together.

4) Nintendo conference surprise(s)?
A NDA-lifting blowout, revealing that all third-parties are totally on-board.

5) Predict Miyamoto's role/costume/appearance context in this year's show.
No costumes, just a nice sports jacket over a quirky mario t-shirt.

6) Any special MS or Sony predictions?
MS: Kinect and dashboard crap no-one cares about, Halo 4
Sony: Vita games hopefully, The Last of Us, God of War 4

7) You know we're going to hear some, umm, interesting excuses from third parties. So.. what'll be your favorite?
"It only supports a single Wii-U tablet controller at a time, we cannot possibly port this single player game!"

8) Any special E3 plans/arrangements of your own? Taking off from work? Skipping a final exam?
Nope, just watching the conferences in HD, and browsing GAF.

9) Your favorite bullshit gaming media critique of Nintendo's performance at E3 this year?
Analogs VS Slidepads / Capacitive VS Resistive / Triggers VS Buttons

10) Your own predicted complaint/peeve/angering issue regarding Nintendo's E3 performance this year?
It's going to be so good that they'll convince me to buy one. Thus making me spend even more money this year.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ideaman has dropped bigger bombs than clicky sticks many a times in the past. Difference is, his posts aren't hit and run so the don't cause as much as an uproar.

He said the U pad would have clicky thumb sticks

I'm curious; name one.

If this were the case then such seldom-heard issues with clickysticks i.e. clicking them by accident, would be rendered negligible as the user becomes habituated with the nuances of these controllers. I personally have never had a problem with them and have never heard such concerns from firends and family. Many genres outside of shooters do not use the clicking function of the sticks so I fail to sympathise with how this could be a serious concern and rather something more pedantic on the naysayers part.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that:

- Yes I own a PS3 and used to own X360, and no I dont play shooters that required clicklable sticks action (often like COD)
-I play other games where its used lightly in a way that doesn't interfere with my gameply.
-I dont like them (just like I dont like the unreachable 1,2 buttons of on the wii remote when in remote/Nunchuck combo)
I just can't imagine why anyone would prefer slide pads, which have less functionality and are clumsier to use, than clickysticks. Especially when the 360's controller, whose sticks require moderate pressure to be activated allowing little room for mistaken presses, is essentially the natural evolution of the Gamecube's. Surely if Nintendo has to step back from pursuing their motion-controlled, utopian future and return to a standard form of input that appeases third parties and consumers alike then we, the core fans, would all prefer something familiar that is tried and tested.

and yet you are making the assumption that the controller use the same slider-pad as the one in 3DS,,,my suggestion is wait until u try them before making decsions, as of now No developer said anything bad about the controller (not even rumors !!) so why do we have to assume the worst ?

Actually while I'm on the subject I also hope the right stick on the Upad is now under the abxy buttons and their positions on the controller are more ergonomical than they were before. Thumbs move in arcs naturally. Surely Nintendo isn't thrusting the claw method on us.

Again did you try it ?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm curious; name one.

A week ago the day before the video leaked he told us about Rayman legends coming to wii u.

One of my favorite leaks from him was his comment on how much RAM the OS might take up.

A few months ago he also told us that with a bit of extra effects the wiiu can display competent 360 graphics on both the drc and main screen at the same time.

Kard8p3

Since we are on the subject, I was skiesofwonder on Gamefaqs/IGN and the only reason you tease and dribble out "information" is for attention.

Try not to hate me, I was only 13 at the time. :p

Haha I remember you. I was gullible at the time and hung by your every word. Talked to you over IM many times trying to get info. At the time I was RE_master72 at gfaqs.

Boerseun

Banned
Why do people think Black Ops 2 wouldn't come to Wii U? Last time around Treyarch went to the trouble of putting the best version of Black Ops on a Nintendo console (i.e. Wii). I don't see them or Activision ditching Nintendo now.

Also, Black Ops 2 on 3DS should be done by n-Space. I love their Call of Duty DS games. They're really brilliant, innovative experiences, and I want to see them come up with more great implementations of the DS tech on 3DS. Imagine the dual screens, microphone and touch screen, plus the addition of 3D and n-Space's obviously impressive engine tech on a more powerful machine. *drool*

Just imagining a Silent Scope Collection with this....

For a moment I thought you had typed Super Scope. Then I tried to think of any good games that came out for the Super Scope. And then I re-read your post and lol'ed. Yes, a Silent Scope collection would be great. Since they aren't hardware intensive, Wii U could probably handle them as downloadble titles too.

Whos Aries?

I dunno if any of you were ever posted on the Penny Arcade forums back in the golden years but there was this guy called Rosebud who spread rumors about Wii and DS...so full of endless shit

same guy different name I guess,,,yaah "full of endless shit" is exactly the right expression :(

Damn u Aries for getting my hopes and dreams up so high,,,I curse the day I met him/her/It :mad:

Nilaul

Hey Ideaman and harker:

Make a blog, run your leaks through the blog. Get money from advertisement. Feel free to use my idea.

Thraktor

No sir. Games that don't use the GPUs "special features" are stage one. Games that use the "special features" are stage two.

Good good. Out of interest, I've heard you refer to these "special features" before, is this something you have specific information on, or is it deduction/speculation on your part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom