• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't have time for all those damn games haha, and normally when I'm watching them, I'm at Primanti's drinking with friends. So I never get a chance to live post.

If you don't cast aside your family and friends to shitpost about live hockey games (in November, no less) on a videogame forum, well, you really have no business calling yourself a fan. You're not allowed to watch this series, I'm sorry.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If you don't cast aside your family and friends to shitpost about live hockey games (in November, no less) on a videogame forum, well, you really have no business calling yourself a fan. You're not allowed to watch this series, I'm sorry.

Fuck, I knew I shouldn't have come in here, now I can't watch the games. 😭😭

🤔🤔😤😤😰😰😂😂

Silexx

giphy.gif

Straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥 from the 📠📠📠📠📠

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

He brought in on himself, tbh. 😂

3N16MA

Banned
what? was my post too much?

sorry but i have zero respect for a professional hockey team that couldn't score a goal on over 50 minutes of PP. that is such a horrendous display of incompetence that they are basically ruining the sport or at the very least the league. the Senators should play somewhere else. well luckily they aren't playing anywhere for many months but i don't think that's sufficient.

They held the best scoring team in the league to 3 goals through the first 3 games. Held them to 1 goal or less in 4 of the 7 games. Pushed the heavily favoured Pens to double OT in game 7.

Negative goal differential yet 94 points. Pretty amazing what they were able to pull off.

this is a weird finals where I dont dislike the other team...I never had anything against the wings in 08 either, but in 09 I at least had the revenge angle to go off of.

Sharks were easy to hate at least

Calamari41

41 > 38
Says you. I have tons of native american friends, trust me, they all say it's cool with them

I never said anything about the Blackhawks or their jerseys. Your immediate defensiveness betrays your true feelings, though. It’s ok. You’re probably not a racist just because you think that your team’s jersey is.

Socreges

Banned
I'm Native American! They don't offend me either.

Now can I watch the games?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...38753295f9a_story.html?utm_term=.1539cdd0df6e

Native Americans don't give a fuck tbh. It's always people getting offended in our honor or something
Thought this was a good response:
“Native Americans are resilient and have not allowed the NFL’s decades-long denigration of us to define our own self-image,” wrote Oneida Nation Representative Ray Halbritter and National Congress of American Indians Executive Director Jacqueline Pata. “However, that proud resilience does not give the NFL a license to continue marketing, promoting, and profiting off of a dictionary-defined racial slur — one that tells people outside of our community to view us as mascots.”
I wonder how indigenous peoples in Canada would view it. They are similarly marginalized, but at least have more political and academic venues for engaging with this stuff beyond just individual perspective.

Parch

Different rulebook in the playoffs that favors defensive hockey and those who can survive the wars the most healthy. That's why the Predators are there and why the Sens came so very close.

Predators have really good defencemen so this should be considered a defence vs offense matchup, but still a pretty big underdog story. If Nashville played in the eastern conference, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Gotta love the atmosphere they create in Nashville. That's a crazy building. Just for their adopted love of the game I'm liking the Predators, but the Pens are going to be very tough to beat. Should be a good matchup.

Error1355

As a life long Pens fan I am not taking for granted the golden age I'm in. Two years in a row I get to go to Game 2 of the Finals.

Gonna be a fun series. Hope the Pens win but the Preds isn't a team I can dislike (yet at least. =P)

PillarEN

Which team is gonna get the most bandwagoners? Gotta be Preds no? A local attraction for many who never watched a game in their lives.

PillarEN

The Preds of course. But I believed in the Pens since day one of the playoffs (check my bracket). More than anything I want some good hockey. Don't care how long the series is.

P.S. you can write that in your diary.

PillarEN

Pens have been upper class for a long time now. I feel if you haven't jumped on that bandwagon at this point you are never getting on.

The Preds of course. But I believed in the Pens since day one of the playoffs (check my bracket). More than anything I want some good hockey. Don't care how long the series is.

P.S. you can write that in your diary.

hmmmm
one more question, do you hold any bitterness for 09?

PillarEN

hmmmm
one more question, do you hold any bitterness for 09?

No. I was at the Cup clincher in 08. Tough that we didn't repeat, but I think Crosby is awesome and it was a great series. I don't really cheer for Pittsburgh because that loss, but I just like good hockey.

Like I used to hate the Avs. Straight up would never want anything good to happen for them. Yet my favorite forward from that era was Peter Forsberg. I was super excited when the Preds signed him just before the playoffs to play the Wings in the first round. Sadly his ankles were done :(
Actually, I'm not even sure if the Preds played us that year. Maybe my memory is hazy.

Still jacked to the t's from last night. Came in about 2 hours late, boss was like "Yeah?", and I was like "yeah...".

Sullivan is a mad scientist. Didn't like yanking Flower and was puzzled to see Kunitz on the top line and 1st unit PP, but it all worked out in the end somehow. Hopefully Hornqvist is ready for Monday.

Should be a damn entertaining final. Let's go Pens.

Top Bottom