• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
He competed against the Lakers this year. He also went at the Heat and lost.
Yes.

Because that's exactly what I am referring to. The trash ass Lakers and Heat.

Not him being hypocritical by going to the 73-9 Warriors, who booted him out of the playoffs, while calling it The hardest road.

med_1444733846_image.jpg

Kickz

Yes.

Because that's exactly what I am referring to. The trash ass Lakers and Heat.

Not him being hypocritical by going to the 73-9 Warriors, who booted him out of the playoffs, while calling it The hardest road.

Winning wise, Goldenstate and Cavs are the Lakers and Heat of this era. But yea that other dude is trollin

I blame the Ringz!!!! culture on why KD bolted to GSW. You could avg a triple dub your whole career and idiot fans will still consider you shit if you don't have a championship. So mad players get desperate and thirsty af.

So basically it's our motherfucking fault

beat

Am I the only one that sees Curry as the only superstar in GS (before KD move). While Green and Klay are good players, I never considered GS a stacked team. They were just a team that played good basketball, emphasis on team.

Draymond's passing and shooting is only secondary to Curry in making the offense work, and he's the linchpin of the defense. I'd say he's a superstar.

Teletraan1

Banned
This league has always been super teams. Early it was the Celtics playing chess when the rest of the league was playing checkers. More recently players either congregate around generation defining players or they go to some legacy place that has a winning culture. Nobody wants to go anywhere that hasn't won or has bad nightlife. The Warriors as a franchise have been an absolute joke in this league until very recently. I am not ready to vilify them because they built a great team and NBA players gonna NBA play.

It is up to the league to fix the issues they have with competitive balance but are way too reactionary rather than proactive. They need to assign players a cap value rather than just allowing them to take less money. They also need to fix the waivers and buyouts near the end of the year that just allow a bunch of vets to sign on with the front runner teams for nothing. This is allowing for depth that the also ran teams just can't match which allows those teams to rest their players more leading into the playoffs while still jockeying for seeding. Even if rotations tighten up in the playoffs I feel it gives a slight competitive advantage to the top seeded teams.

Can you be okay with super teams and still call KD out for being the bitch that he is when he goes to the 73-9 team that kicked him out of the playoffs while he pretends it's the "hardest road?"

VeeP

I blame the Ringz!!!! culture on why KD bolted to GSW. You could avg a triple dub your whole career and idiot fans will still consider you shit if you don't have a championship. So mad players get desperate and thirsty af.

So basically it's our motherfucking fault

And the media.

Gigglepoo

In hindsight it's funny how much hate LeBron got going to the heat considering Miami hadn't even been out of the first round in four seasons.

TTG

Am I the only one that sees Curry as the only superstar in GS (before KD move). While Green and Klay are good players, I never considered GS a stacked team. They were just a team that played good basketball, emphasis on team.

He was the only superstar and they were a stacked team. Klay is the perfect complimentary player, Draymond is DPOY, but if your definition of a superstar is fairly narrow, like mine, Curry is(was) it. He made that offense run, there's no one else that created or forced double teams.

In hindsight it's funny how much hate LeBron got going to the heat considering Miami hadn't even been out of the first round in four seasons.

It was a plethora of things that gave LeBron scorn

-the si article calling him the chosen one
-picking mjs number
-losing in the finals
-going out like a punk to boston
-ripping off his jersey on camera after said loss
-the decision
-betraying his home
-the welcome party
-not 4/5/6 etc
-losing to the mavericks and going out like a punk

It feels like a wwe story line for a heel but it was all real

Comparing an NBA MVP with Artest
full

Fair point and its true if he wins he doesn't win from a team he carried or was originally built for him.

But this is sports and he wants to win. And if he thinks he deserves because he already know he's a good player, I can't fault him for that just like others can criticize he won with help.

Am I the only one that sees Curry as the only superstar in GS (before KD move). While Green and Klay are good players, I never considered GS a stacked team.

LOL.

All 4 have been NBA all-stars game selections. I think everyone but Draymond has been a selection twice or more.

So the Cavaliers and Thunder are "some of the shittiest run organizations" ? If that's the case then what do you call the Warriors prior to 3 seasons ago? If your team can make it to the conference finals then you don't have a "shitty organization," no matter how much one player contributed. Flawed, sure. Shitty? GTFO with that
You misread my post, which consisted of 2 separate paragraphs, the second of which makes no mention of either specific players or teams. And clearly says many lottery teams, not all. The only idea shared by both paragraphs is that they're both arbitrary conditions beyond a player's control that some fans hold against that player.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6e4gjv/since_2011_lebron_james_is_undefeated_in_nba/

Since 2011, LeBron James is undefeated in NBA Finals when the June humidity forecast in Cleveland is an odd percentage, but winless when it is even

2011- 70%- L vs DAL

2012- 59%- W vs OKC

2013- 69%- W vs SA

2014- 70%- L vs SA

2015- 76%- L vs GS

2016- 55%- W vs GS

There is currently no humidity forecast for the month of June in Cleveland as a whole as of yet, but the early forecast for the first 12 days of June has it at 59%, an odd number.

(hey finals, can u start pls)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6e4cbm/since_2011_when_rihanna_is_in_the_top_13_during/

Since 2011, when Rihanna is in the top 13 during June in the billboard hot 100, LeBron James has won the championship

2011: Rihanna S&M #14

2012: Rihanna Where Have You Been #13 (LeBron Won)

2013: Rihanna Stay #5 (LeBron won)

2014 Rihanna Can't Forget to Remember You #100

2015: Rihanna Bitch Better Have My Money #24

2016: Rihanna Work #8 Needed Me #10 (LeBron Won)

Currently Rihanna is number 43 right now and has no chance to crack the 13, therefore LeBron James will lose.

I miss watching NBA games...

Klay could have carried a franchise as the star if he left Golden State.

Many great championship teams have had at least 2 stars in their prime who could have been the main guy in a franchise(Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq) we just never had a team with 3 before the Decision and it is kind of snowballing from there because nobody is able to win unless he is part of these super teams.

Can you imagine being so good at a sport that switching to a certain team would theoretically "break" the league, all without taking a pay cut? That's the kind of power KD was tempted with, how many athletes would really be able to resist that?

random25

A stacked team doesn't mean a team full of superstars. Curry is a superstar, Klay is an all-star and so was Draymond. Bench is pretty solid. That's pretty much a stacked team.

I imagine you'd be saying "he sucks at the game" because you know there's a better way to play the game. So as a fan, the better way would have been for KD to go to any other team to help preserve the competition but for KD, what would have been the better career move had he not gone to golden state?

I think the better move for the reputation of KD as a superstar and a top player in the league to get his just recognition as such would have been to go anywhere else aside from GS or Cleveland

I agree with the importance of legacy in the league however, rings are the ultimate deciding factor and tool of looking at someone's legacy favorably. If KD stays with GS and ends up fighting for a 4th or 5th ring, no one's gonna be like "Hey guys, remember when KD went to this overpowered team like 7 years ago!?" I really don't think people are going to hold on to this level of vitriol if he stays with golden state for multiple years and wins multiple rings.

That remains to be seen. People still give Lebron shit for Miami. What KD did was on another level of weak and defeatist.

I honestly think you are arguing a point that nobody is really arguing. I mean, when I said,

From a competitive standpoint it's sad, point blank. These guys won a championship the year prior, went 73-9, made a 3 game comeback and eliminated your ass from the playoffs because of your anti-clutch play, and you crawled to their 3 all stars, begged for forgiveness and a chance to join their club. The decision itself was the anti competitive gene in every capacity.

you agreed

I'm not denying this. But my point is that in saying that he should have gone somewhere else greatly undermines how much the stars were aligned for him to go to golden state.

so I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

-What he did was weak, but we shouldn't criticize him because it is his choice and he has the right to make that choice?

Spinluck

It was a plethora of things that gave LeBron scorn

-going out like a punk to boston
-the decision
-the welcome party
-not 4/5/6 etc
-losing to the mavericks and going out like a punk

It feels like a wwe story line for a heel but it was all real

Kept the only ones with any real weight to them.

Jimrpg

It's weird there's a 2 day break between Games 3 and 4 and 3 days between all the other games - it should be consistent.

Anth0ny

It's weird there's a 2 day break between Games 3 and 4 and 3 days between all the other games - it should be consistent.

nothing about the nba playoff schedule is consistent

it feels like they just pull days out of a hat. I don't get it.

Jimrpg

nothing about the nba playoff schedule is consistent

it feels like they just pull days out of a hat. I don't get it.

Well I can see them shuffling it around during the first round when there are so many teams.

But other than that they should fix it to either every second and have one extra day break in the middle of the series. Messes up player's rhythm. Warriors played terrible Game 1 vs Spurs when it was a lunch time game as opposed to playing at night.

hbkdx12

I think the better move for the reputation of KD as a superstar and a top player in the league to get his just recognition as such would have been to go anywhere else aside from GS or Cleveland

That remains to be seen. People still give Lebron shit for Miami. What KD did was on another level of weak and defeatist.

I honestly think you are arguing a point that nobody is really arguing. I mean, when I said,

you agreed

so I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

-What he did was weak, but we shouldn't criticize him because it is his choice and he has the right to make that choice?
Nah, we can criticism him all we want. I'm not denying any of the criticisms because i understand them from a fan perspective. I've always said that. But that's only half of it. I try to avoid criticism without correction. So if we believe him going to golden state was a bitch ass move then, realistically, where was he suppose to go considering he made the best decision for his career (because why wouldn't he?) Simply saying, he could have gone anywhere else doesn't mean anything If there's no other teams that have the prospects and potential that golden state does because than "anywhere else" is clearly sub optimal. We're saying the man should've handicapped his career so he doesn't lose any rep with the fans.

It's like if he were at your company christmas party and you chat up the CEO and the next week you get offered a promotion that's a few levels higher than where you're at and you know this will do wonders for your career but if you take it all you're current coworkers will hate you and think you're a brown noser. You realistically gonna turn that down simply because some people don't agree with it?

TTG

Are those travel days? They don't have that stupid 2-3-2 format like the NBA had when Bron let Dirk take a ring from him.

Just be thankful there are no shitty afternoon games. Nothing like a West coast team effectively having to play a playoff game at 9 am.

random25

i always find it weird that the all-star selections are a barometer of greatness

wouldn't it be more apt to use all-nba or something

While I agree to you, all-star selection was a pretty great merit for a player's greatness since superstars are basically selected, either as a starter (by fans) or as a sub. Just about every all-star player in the past end up as HoFers or future HoF candidates. It just watered down in value when big guys got diluted in terms of talent and fans do dumb stuff like voting for Zaza.

BadAss2961

Can you be okay with super teams and still call KD out for being the bitch that he is when he goes to the 73-9 team that kicked him out of the playoffs while he pretends it's the "hardest road?"
It's okay to call KD a bitch as long as LeBron is one too.

Bron paved the way for moves like this to happen.

MIMIC

Banned
I hope I didn't jinx the Cavs by moving back to Cleveland (it's only temporary). When I was living in Florida, we won (and I missed the whole damn celebration)

But anyway, let's go! I'm not exactly expecting us to win (because repeating is extremely difficult), but I'm just glad we're back in the finals.

Nah, we can criticism him all we want. I'm not denying any of the criticisms because i understand them from a fan perspective. I've always said that. But that's only half of it. I try to avoid criticism without correction. So if we believe him going to golden state was a bitch ass move then, realistically, where was he suppose to go considering he made the best decision for his career (because why wouldn't he?) Simply saying, he could have gone anywhere else doesn't mean anything If there's no other teams that have the prospects and potential that golden state does because than "anywhere else" is clearly sub optimal. We're saying the man should've handicapped his career so he doesn't lose any rep with the fans.

It's like if he were at your company christmas party and you chat up the CEO and the next week you get offered a promotion that's a few levels higher than where you're at and you know this will do wonders for your career but if you take it all you're current coworkers will hate you and think you're a brown noser. You realistically gonna turn that down simply because some people don't agree with it?

You are trying to equate the nature of sports to an office job. your example of getting a promotion makes zero sense in the context of what we are talking about in Durant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom