• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkark07

Banned
According to others, yes. While not old, I still look almost the same compared when I was a teenager. 25 years old here. Probably is in the veins, since my mother is in her 50s and she has aged well too. Not my father though, he is close to 60 and looks like in his 70s.

ldar247

Banned
I'm a 26 year old long haired dude. I look particularly the same as when I was 20 except for some gray hairs due to having anxiety for years and get nervous easily. I also have more pronounced eye bags due to a disastrous sleep schedule i've been carrying for over a decade. I'm not overweight nor chubby but I'm not in shape either so I definitely need to excercise more. With this, I conclude I haven't aged that well :(

Is this actually a thing? I always thought that was a myth and you only got grey hairs while young because of bad genetics. I have a few myself at 23.

Usobuko

Banned
Most people here that aged well seems to be finding their personal style that suits them well and / or got into better shape than before.

But that 15 years Asian couple in the first few page of this thread is kinda amazing.

AdanVC

Is this actually a thing? I always thought that was a myth and you only got grey hairs while young because of bad genetics. I have a few myself at 23.

You're right, genetics also play a big factor. But I think it's a combination of both things since a few doctors I have visited have told me that is also because of stress and being tense. Less than two years ago when I was 24, I didn't had a single gray hair but after a few episodes of massive anxiety and stress due to family problems, I started to grow a few gray hairs and currently I have like 12 or so on my front side :( Most people who have seen me, say it looks cool so that's good at least :)

cuilan

I'll be 35 in a few months. Don't have any old photos handy at the moment, but I look pretty much the same as I did about 15 years ago.

Yr2CJ9i.jpg

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
In my late 30s and people keep thinking I'm in my early 20s, so yeah. I'd say so.

I've always looked younger than peers the same age as me, and i feel i still do.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ozTIffH.jpg[/IMG]
Kindergarten (so around ... age 5)

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uI60pRg.jpg[/IMG]
early high school, so around age ... 12

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/wtY3FWu.jpg[/IMG]
age 25

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/zyfKVEb.jpg[/IMG]
age 31

i turned 32 today, so while i can't offer any kind of huge "success story", i guess i aged fine. I'm in the best shape of my life, my hair's full and none of it grey, i still can't grow a proper beard (and i've come to terms with the fact that i'll likely never will...), the only wrinkles i get are the ones you get from smiling a lot, so those are charming.
I guess, especially ever since turning ... 18, i didn't age "well", or "badly" ... i don't feel like i aged all that much to begin with. So that's good, i suppose.

Holy shit that rule 63 Rey cosplay is superb. And actually very hot. Are you single?

As for me, left pic is age 24, right pic is age 34. I don't think I've changed much. I definitely put on weight easier these days though.

B8D835F9-BFBF-49A1-AA25-3306C10B0524_zpsqwgy3bwy.jpg

I stopped caring several years ago, so not really. Before then I did well, but once I realised it wasn't getting any better I just stated phoning it in. Now people assume I am a few years older than what I am.

Astral Dog

Lol If anything i looked fine until 13-14 when depression took its shape,gained a lot of weight,acne,stretch marks,etc. And look somewhat misshapen.ten years later there are times when i manage to feel better but no real recovery

Maybe I'd have aged okay if I hadn't gone bald when I was otherwise in my prime. I looked my best when I was 19, then male pattern baldness took a dump on my looks. Actually it's not really going bald necessarily, as I had a buzz cut anyway, but the pattern of the hair that can still be seen sucks. I have a small island of hair in the middle right above my forehead and no matter how close I shave, we can still see it. Also I no longer have access to a gym and I'm skinny, so I definitely miss the way I looked 10 years ago.

Boke1879

I'd say I've aged pretty normally I guess.

28 here. When I was about 13-14 people would always say I looked older. I damn near had a fully beard at that age. But since then I guess you can say I look my age.

My avatar is more or less how I look now. Face is a little puffier but that's about it.

Laekon

I just turned 40 and a lot people think I'm in my late 20's. I'm actually getting vain about it. Like I felt really good when a cashier said "wow I never would have guessed your age" after carding me for a bottle of wine. I hide my weight well but I'm not in shape though so I wouldn't say I aged well.

dtcm83

I've aged well for the most part in terms of physical appearance (coworkers are always shocked I'm not in my mid-20s yet alone mid-30s), but weight is much more difficult to manage and I have been dealing recently with a neck injury and slow recovery from a bad concussion last year that remind me I am far from the near-invincible 20 year old I used to be.

Mentally I'm ageing well aside from poor memory that seems to be getting worse (likely due to way too much partying when younger plus recent concussion).

Media

I said up thread that I didn't age well then went and got carded for cigarettes today. So maybe I was wrong? I'm 35 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom