• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model pics leaked

Majanew

Banned
Ew. Sony continues to make ugly ass looking consoles. Vita is sexy - so WTH, Sony?

Though, I really don't care because once they're in my HDTV stand, I only see the front of 'em.

paskowitz

Did they make it ugly...
Pastor-Maldonado-2010_2546075.jpg

on prupose?

No time to read the whole thread but is the 16GB model without a HDD? I hope not, I always thought Microsoft hurt themselves by having a model with a HDD.

Raonak

Banned
The slim grew on me, i perfer it to the original phat, and that looked horrible in screens.

this one looks a lot goofier. are thoes ridges actually vents? or just bumps for the sake of bumps?

RobertM

No time to read the whole thread but is the 16GB model without a HDD? I hope not, I always thought Microsoft hurt themselves by having a model with a HDD.
What do you think the 16 GB is, RAM? Of course they can't release a system without a hard drive, their OS, save files, account files, and other files need to be stored on it. Microsoft was in a different situation, they had proprietary slots in the system for memory cards and other peripherals, they could go around the issue of having a hard drive in every system. If Sony decides o allow access to flash drives for saves and other files, they are literally opening flud gates for exploitation and hacking. And besides, why would it matter this late into generation if hard drive is standard? If they can get casuals sitting on the fence I say more power to them.

FroJay

Banned
Who was in charge of design on the PS3 team this entire gen? That person/people should be fired. The console has been fugly since day 1.

MarkusRJR

My PS3 slim has been sounding like a jet engine and has been freezing up constantly lately. It's only a year old and I'm pretty sure it's going to die even though I rarely use it. I haven't been keeping up with this new model... what's so special about it? How much storage is in it? I just might pick one up when they come out.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
My PS3 slim has been sounding like a jet engine and has been freezing up constantly lately. It's only a year old and I'm pretty sure it's going to die even though I rarely use it. I haven't been keeping up with this new model... what's so special about it? How much storage is in it? I just might pick one up when they come out.

No idea....nothing official has been released yet. All we're going on is rumors and speculation at this point.

Mlatador

Banned
I like it!

Only problem: It's kinda hard to judge from the pics how big or small it is. A smaller PS3 is a better PS3 IMHO.

Jawmuncher

That thing is prett ugly.
Only way im interested is if the 16gb model is dirt cheap, so that way I can just take out my 250gb and out it in there. But honestly I think i'll just go and grab a current slim over this.

nataku

Okay, i made a top view

4L2PI.jpg

both views

M7ohn.jpg

BD disc scale might be off.
Thats it, i'm done with photoshop for today lol

Would it really slide, though? Why have an eject button if it slides? I suppose that could be an unlock button or something for the lid, but that seems a little strange.

I'd guess it pops up, like the PS2 slim.

kablamoman

Neo Member
it seems a bit wider, but maybe its not as fat going up and down while its horizontal, either way, i hope this isn't real because the materials used to make it just look plain ugly

Globox_82

Banned
who gives a shit how it looks. At this point this late, it's about price that they can offer. 149 would be magical. And hopefully they make small profit out of that. Even if 5 bucks.

Top Bottom