• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lethal Weapon |OT| Of Too Old for This Show (Wedn, Fox 8pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show has potential.

Unfortunately, that potential is stunted by the presence of Damon Wayans.

He's a horrible actor and corny as all hell. The man can't play police for shit that's for damn sure. His anger is fake and forced, like he's on the verge of laughing whenever he raises his voice. That accent of his sounds like his character from that Living Color skit, the Brother's Brothers or whatever it was called.

A car blows up right in front of him, with someone inside, and he responds with as much emotion as someone who just received their doctor's bill. It just seems like he's bored or not into it. For fucksake, ACT.

I know this is supposed to be light buddy cop drama, but can he get killed off so they can make room for improved comic relief?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like Damon but I'd have to agree with him being the anchor. He has his moments though. Worth noting that he did settle into the roll a bit better in the later episodes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I like Wayans, latest episode was decent too

Hopefully next season there'll be an overarching storyline, like they hinted to with the cartel early into this season

After a horrible pilot, this show has gotten better, Riggs as a character seen the most growth, he's going to become a mad man again
once they kill Palmer, his wife was a hit...

Breakage

Well, just seen the pilot and I thought it was terrible. They condensed Riggs' instability and the loss of his wife so much that you don't even have time to care. And the way his wife died was as goofy as the first time I saw it in the trailer
I hope it loses the comedy aspects in future episodes. This isn't Rush Hour. It makes it difficult to take the show seriously. Damon Wayans is a poor choice IMO.

Maybe it's just the pilot...Hopefully it gets better.

Lashley

Well, just seen the pilot and I thought it was terrible. They condensed Riggs' instability and the loss of his wife so much that you don't even have time to care. And the way his wife died was as goofy as the first time I saw it in the trailer
I hope it loses the comedy aspects in future episodes. This isn't Rush Hour. It makes it difficult to take the show seriously. Damon Wayans is a poor choice IMO.

If you didn't like the pilot, you won't like the remainder of the season

jrush64

Banned

You should keep watching. IT gets waaay better in the later episodes.

Lashley

You should keep watching. IT gets waaay better in the later episodes.

This is true, but the show itself is the same as the pilot. I can't see someone changing their mind over the show after seeing later episodes.

Lashley

I knew they'd continue the plot point about his wife's death being a Cartel hit after they got the episode extension

I imagine there'll be an overarching story in s2

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What a great ending. This show has been the surprise of the season for me, considering the low expectations of these movie to tv adaptations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saw the pilot and thought it was terrible. Gave up right there.

So it's actually worth watching huh?
Heh, the first episode does a good job of establishing what it's like for the most part. Riggs is an alocholic crazy man with an absolute sense of justice, and Murtaugh has to clean up all his messes. And every week they solve cases. The relationship between the two is the heart of the show though, so if you don't like what you saw in the first episode... well, it does evolve, but it's still crazy man vs "I'm too old for this shit" man for the most part.

Heh, the first episode does a good job of establishing what it's like for the most part. Riggs is an alocholic crazy man with an absolute sense of justice, and Murtaugh has to clean up all his messes. And every week they solve cases. The relationship between the two is the heart of the show though, so if you don't like what you saw in the first episode... well, it does evolve, but it's still crazy man vs "I'm too old for this shit" man for the most part.

Premise is fine since I loved all the films. But I don't see the chemistry between them in the show, at least not in the pilot.

Lashley

Brilliant finale.

Loved the throwback to Endo and the torture scene.

I cannot wait until season 2, been such a good show

Matush

What a great finale and season overall, I didn't have much hopes for the show, in fact I dropped it after first episode, but I started watching again after 10-11 episodes were out and it clicked.

Last scene gave me chills, bring on season 2.

This really was my surprise of the season. Decided to check it out to see how much it would suck, turns out it was actually really good cant wait for season 2.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Well, I didn't think the killing of tito? (sorry forgot his name) would be resolved in the first episode of s2, I guess it's okay. The tone felt a little different.

I was hopping that storyline would play out for at least half the season though.

Lashley

Great return, I too am surprised the killing happened so quickly, but I'm glad its back

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
finger lingerers
Funny how she had enough plastic surgery to look entirely different and sound different.

Villain of the week episodes are so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom