• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

tombur

GhaleonEB said:
It's ****ing Halo 3. Two years in development now and all we've gotten is that announcement trailer, which does not reveal any game features. To say there's a lot of people wanting this game is putting it mildly.

I really want to know what's up with destructable/interactive environments. That made a huge impact on H2 over the first game. I hope it's taken up to the next level.

=O I thought i was the only one hoping for very (not fully) destructable environments. If they could pull it off, say dedicate one of the cores for processing destruction, then that on its own will make Halo 3 revolutionary IMO.

D2G said:
I hope it's .dem-files or whatever

PC games has been doing it for years

Halo's engine doesn't use a height map to create terrain as I understand it. I think the environments are built brute force style in 3ds Max.

GhaleonEB

Kodiak said:
This might have something to do with all the unfufilled hype for Halo 2. I'd rather them work hard on the actual game rather than another bullshot of an E3 demo.
For me it has to do with the largely fulfilled hype for Halo 2. If H2 was that good, I can't wait to see what the do with part 3.

<3 <3 <3 <3 Halo 2

I just watched the Halo 2 documentary on the LE DVD again the other night. The E3 demo really set the production back, due to poor planning and other issues. I think by not having such distractions this time around they are probably on a smoother track.

Not a Jellyfish said:
don't know if this has been posted. pretty cool though.

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/Halo3Leaked-ProbablyFake/Halo3-PossibleMenuLeak-headon.jpg
ahem.

Also, that's pretty old, and Bungie specifically shot it down on their site.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Patrickula said:
I haven't seen it, thanks... Looks pretty believable, I wonder WTF classic mode would be though?

Yeah it was something that was posted on bungie.net sometime ago and everyone who posted it was banned. so don't know but looks pretty believable. probably some tester got fired. haha oh well.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
GhaleonEB said:
For me it has to do with the largely fulfilled hype for Halo 2. If H2 was that good, I can't wait to see what the do with part 3.

<3 <3 <3 <3 Halo 2

I just watched the Halo 2 documentary on the LE DVD again the other night. The E3 demo really set the production back, due to poor planning and other issues. I think by not having such distractions this time around they are probably on a smoother track.

ahem.

Also, that's pretty old, and Bungie specifically shot it down on their site.

Yeah i just said it was old in last post and said that bungie banned people for posting it. doesn't mean that its fake. it looks believable. most likely is fake but eh there is always hope

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Frankie said:
The user interface screen floating around the interzone right now is a fake. It's a pretty fake, but fake nonetheless. We're not going to debunk every fake we see, but that one is clogging the forums. So stop talking about it. It's fake. That's right, fake.

I think it might be fake.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
You d00ds wanna know what X does? Well, I'll tell you. I've had the inside track on this one for quite a while now and I'm ready and willing to spill the beans. So, who's ready to lap up my beany mess? You? Of course you are.

Here it is in two words: Triple wielding.

Has it soaked in yet? Is your brain hemorrhaging from a lucid vision of complete and total 4d awesomeness that is swirling in and out of the folds of your squishy squash grey matter? Am I asking way to many questions and then answering them? Hells yeah.

Halo 3 = 3 guns. Simultaneously. At the same time. With three hands. Shove that up your butt and smoke it.

Manp

tombur said:
Gotta be a fake, the TV isnt even turned on for one... there is no light :lol

on my samsung LCD there's a blue light when the TV is off and no light when the tv is on

:)

tombur

Manp said:
on my samsung LCD there's a blue light when the TV is off and no light when the tv is on

Your samsung LCD sounds screwed

You got the 32" one? I wanna get one by the end of this year hopefully, its a beast =O

tombur

urk said:
The average gaffer will note that Stinkles skipped right over the minefield that is triple wielding. Confirmation: total.

:lol But dewd, 3 hands?

It makes sense though:

Halo : Single wielding
Halo 2 : Double Weilding
Halo 3 : Triple Wielding?!?!?! Zomg conspiracy!11

Manp

tombur said:
Your samsung LCD sounds screwed

You got the 32" one? I wanna get one by the end of this year hopefully, its a beast =O

they all work that way :D

that blue light around the power button is a damn beacon, it would be a pain to watch the TV with that thing on... that's why it turns off when the tv is on and vice versa

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The user interface screen floating around the interzone right now is a fake. It's a pretty fake, but fake nonetheless. We're not going to debunk every fake we see, but that one is clogging the forums. So stop talking about it. It's fake. That's right, fake.
Stinkles said:
The UI screen is fake.
i don't believe you. are you absolutely sure? :eek:

tombur

Manp said:
they all work that way :D

that blue light around the power button is a damn beacon, it would be a pain to watch the TV with that thing on... that's why it turns off when the tv is on and vice versa

Far to advanced for me. I'll stick with my beast of a 32" tube for now i guess =(

looks pretty good....not a graphical benchmark as of yet....but it seems they are concentrating on massive scale rather than tons of detail...which I certainly approve of given the game already looks pretty nice

peace

RyuHayate

Has anyone else fired up Combat Evolved after seeing these scans? Blasting through Truth and Reconciliation after so many years feels just as awesome as the first time.

I really hope Bungie has a fantastic night fight planned for 3 :)

tombur

RyuHayate said:
Has anyone else fired up Combat Evolved after seeing these scans? Blasting through Truth and Reconcilliation after so many years feels just as awesome as the first time.

I really hope Bungie has a fantastic night fight planned for 3 :)

Same here :D. The Silent Cartographer was such a brilliant level IMO, more of that for Halo 3 please bungie :)

Oh, and have any subscribers received their EGM's yet? Anything new?

GhaleonEB

A great clarifying article over at 1up: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154831

Last week we detailed some of the changes coming to Halo 3's multiplayer and gave readers a small taste of some of the coverage that will appear in this month's EGM and during the rest of the month here at 1UP. Unfortunately, as 1UP Network Editorial Director John Davison pointed out some of that information peeked out a bit early, courtesy of Swedish magazine, Level. Those reveals were quickly translated and reported on (with some speculation where applicable) -- we just want to set the record straight and cut through some of the speculative stuff.

What They Said: Gamespot Rumor Control'd the Halo 3 information ending their article with a plea:

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus, although we hope the term "Man Cannon" is the result of a translation error.

Truth and Reconciliation: We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "Man Cannon" is indeed the real name. Will they be renamed "Launch Vents" or something far less interesting by the time the game ships? Maybe. But the giggles that crackled through the room when they said "Man Cannon" didn't bode too well for a name change.
This is just the information that came from Level magazine, the December issue of EGM and the next three weeks of coverage here at 1UP will expand, unveil and analyze even more from Halo 3. Stay friggin' tuned.

I declare the Man Cannon awesome. Wanna ride the man cannon? do ya?

Desmond

biosnake20 said:
great article
Fantastic Bump, oh god.

I hear they're gonna make a Halo RTS, i hope it's good enough to warrant a whole new series, like cmon, they need something to fill the gap as 3 will end the FPS series.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Forkball

Necromancy.jpg

Top Bottom