• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Boston Major (December 3-10) Final Battle before the New Journey

shira

VODS

PGL's Youtube
has all the English skits and interviews from Slacks and Valve

Missed any games?

1- A spoiler-free subreddit with VOD links to all games and series
2- Reddit Highlights 5-15 minute youtube videos recapping games (mobile friendly)
3- Full-day Twitch VOD's full day broadcast ~10-12 hours (**not mobile friendly**)
4- Single Match Youtube VOD's each game is available for individual viewing ~30-80 minutes (mobile friendly)
5 - Download the games free in the free Dota 2 client for full access to each player's perspective and free camera views (Caster audio may be glitched)

Recommended Highlights:
Day 1
Newbee vs VP
NP vs Newbee
Day 3
VP vs iGV
Day 4
Ehome vs NP 1 2 3
Newbee vs AF 1 2 3
Day 5 Highlights (working)
EG vs VP 1 2
Day 6
AF vs OG 3

shira

TzN3Vlb.jpg

Welcome back to the 2nd season of Dota Major tournaments leading up to TI7.
The Fall Boston Major is an experiment of sorts: a new format, a new location, and a new host.
Boston was not the first choice and as such there have been a boat load of visa issues requiring over 9 substitutions and 1 team unable to attend.

uqSYWqC.jpg

lzZ3elI.gif

YgvuT7i.jpg

lHcto4O.gif
1OvzXj0.png
nD5pAl6.png

4e0JvPq.jpg

Top contenders: Wings, EG, Newbee, OG, VP
Dark horses: NP, MVP, iGV
Punching bags: Complexity, Ad Finem
Substitutes: LGD, LGDFY, iGV

na9AnLz.jpg

Official Site
Liquipedia
Reddit
Dotabuff

VODS
Missed any games?

1- A spoiler-free subreddit with VOD links to all games and series
2- Reddit Highlights 5-15 minute youtube videos recapping games (mobile friendly)
3- Full-day Twitch VOD's full day broadcast ~10-12 hours (**not mobile friendly**)
4- Single Match Youtube VOD's each game is available for individual viewing ~30-80 minutes (mobile friendly)
5 - Download the games free in the free Dota 2 client for full access to each player's perspective and free camera views (Caster audio may be glitched)

Recommended Highlights:
Day 1
Newbee vs VP
NP vs Newbee
Day 3
VP vs iGV
Day 4
Ehome vs NP 1 2 3
Newbee vs AF 1 2 3
Day 5 Highlights (working)
EG vs VP 1 2

PGL's Youtube
has all the English skits and interviews from Slacks and Valve

- Pre-show starts at 9:30 EST
- Each day has 4 specific game start times: 10 AM EST, 1 PM, 4 PM, 7PM (Except Grand Finals)
- Expect games to start at 10, but next series will probably start much earlier

Format
xTJc0mH.jpg

December 7: Four Round of 16 Matches
December 8: Four Round of 16 Matches
December 9: Four Round of 8 Matches
December 10: Two Final Four matches and One Bo5 Grand Finals

IeGwXpH.jpg

Press and Media - Westin Boston
Group Stages - W Boston
Main Event - Citi Wang Theatre

xuchu

Haven't kept up since TI, has there been any significant changes? Who are the favourites and dark horses?

I know most of the big name teams didn't qualify and that there was some team secret drama but been a bit too busy for dota. Hope EG and wings still doing well. Regardless looking forward to watching the games.

Aaron

Haven't kept up since TI, has there been any significant changes? Who are the favourites and dark horses?
Oh boy. Yeah, things are pretty changed since TI6. Virtus Pro are the favorites going in. No, I'm serious.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't even know what team Artour is on this month.

kasane

Didnt resolution almost go back to navi afyer TI but navi wasnt willing to give him more control over tje roster to protrct himself

shira

Didnt resolution almost go back to navi afyer TI but navi wasnt willing to give him more control over tje roster to protrct himself

It's possible all I know is that CIS has a lot of money and a lot of interest in Dota.

If one of their top players is stuck in NA with a fat contract and direct invites to every tournament they need to pony up to get him back.

NormalFish said:
I can invite people to the general twitch private chat that TUSR set up for GDQs and that we've used for a few past majors.

Just quote me and post your ID and I can try to send them out asap.

To accept the invite:
1. Click on the few bars in the upper left corner of the chat panel
2. Select the channel named "NeoGAF"

I'm assuming most people already know of the neogaf channel but for any lurkers or noobs wanna twitch chat without spam/memes there is a dedicated channel that anyone can invite or validate

Chris R

Sitting in my hotel room, gonna be checking out in less than 4 hours,

Would like to see at least 3 games boys, NO DELAYS PZL

yagal

The panel.

Machine talks about anything but Dota
Winter knows Dota
Sheever talks about Dota
The other guy try to make jokes

Chris R

VP going to destroy NP.

How are the main event brackets created? Does 1A get 4D? Or is there some method of picking?

scarybore

VP get a rampage in the first game lol, very rough for NP.

I'll be interested to see how the NA teams do in general at this major as I haven't been that impressed by any of them, EG doesn't seem to have improved as I had expected after winning the MarsTV tournament and that was quite a messy tournament skill wise, but they tend to turn up when it matters.

Top Bottom