• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

verbum

It doesn't matter if you have the card in most cases. I'm sure it depends on the employer but for big companies it definitely does not matter, you're either clean or you're not.

Plus if you're smoking weed legally it usually means you have a medical condition. Might be a minus points on an application.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Has to "look" like an ounce or be some low end stuff

No, I just had a dealer hook me up. I told him it's my first time and me and my friends wanted to try it out.

Interesting drug documentary starring Hank from Breaking Bad

http://youtu.be/sqqhr3jurG8

"I'm Dean Norris, and I'm on drugs.
WvlrA.gif

Anaslex

Banned
I only get hash (it's very good) now but hate rolling spliffs. Any quick alternatives available like packing it in a bong or something to take a quick toke with?

Also would hash work with a vaporiser? I was in Amsterdam recenly and a couple of smart shops said yes and other said no.

verbum

I only get hash (it's very good) now but hate rolling spliffs. Any quick alternatives available like packing it in a bong or something to take a quick toke with?

Also would hash work with a vaporiser? I was in Amsterdam recenly and a couple of smart shops said yes and other said no.

I think hash would melt and be hard to clean out of a vaporizer. Or maybe you could dry it really well.

Like I posted above, I ordered a SmokeGenie. Very good vap. You use a lighter for about 8 seconds and the ceramic element heats up and vaps the weed. Good hits right off the bat. A little bulky but will fit in a loose pocket (about 6 inches long).
I felt the sensory feedback from using a pipe but no smoke gets in your lungs.
$55-60.

Billen

Banned
People in construction smoking blunts while working is way worse than stoners sitting in a couch eating potato chips, OP.

Edit: That being said, people smoking outside of work is way better than if they would have been drinking alcohol constantly.

i-Lo

So I finally did it yesterday night.

Friend brought it over along with what looked like a smoking pipe (like a sir..). He made me smell it non burnt at first and to me it was very reminiscent of grounded Tulsi/Holy Basil. I told him I disliked it and perhaps it's a matter of "acquired taste".

He instructed me to breathe it in deep as it was burning. This was to be followed up by breathing in some normal air and then holding it in a for a bit before letting it out. He did warn me that because I haven't smoked before (anything) that I may cough incessantly. So I started breathing it in deep (pretty awful taste) but forgot the part about normal air to dilute the effect of smoke. My lugs felt as if they were burning and I coughed as was foretold. So after a few sips of water, I went on and took a few more hits to my friend's amazement who complimented on being a exceptional for a first time smoker (because I didn't cough again till the last hit where I screwed up the aforementioned ratio again) in comparison to his other initiates.

So after finishing up, we sat down to watch some tele (music vid). One effect I did feel just prior to this was akin to sending out pulses from within my own head. And here are my physical observations:

• Felt light headed without losing balance or control over my body.
  • Felt as if I was shrinking in my own skin.
  • Felt the pain caused by right leg and hip's sciatic nerve (that I've been suffering from recently) first dull and then almost disappear.
  • The bass seemed to reverberate even more.
  • My mind was going absolutely blank from time to time taking in every single visual and aural detail of the vid. There was a sense of utter calmness (thought it'd be good for meditating).
  • I became very quiet (generally I can be a bit chatty)
  • Found it harder to remember certain words.
  • Eye lids felt heavy without sacrificing awareness.
  • I couldn't conjure up complicated thoughts or ideas (but that also could be due to the fact that we were immersed in watching a vid).
  • Heart rate varied highly.
  • My vision remained unaffected.
  • Sense of humour unaffected.
  • Felt emotionally stunted (generally the vid we were watching evokes certain responses in me every time).
  • I found my friend's temporary talkative behaviour to be somewhat annoying.

My friend's (a now bi-monthly smoker with lengthy experience) experience (he smoked about 1.5 times of what I did):

• To him almost everything became funnier.
  • He asked a few foolish questions pertaining to the video we were watching, while we were watching it.
  • His auditory sense was similarly affected.
  • He became much more chatty than me.

Overall, I have felt most of the sensations (with certain variations of course) before; it happens to be when I'm suffering from fever. The effects were much milder than what I was told they would be. Also, the outcomes that I did experience run contrary to what I require (and though I'd experience) to overcome writer's block.

So for the rest of you, was it similar when you got high for the first time?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What are people's experiences with portable vaporizers? Anyone here have the Magic Flight Launch box? I'm looking for a portable vape for under $150. Also, I've heard that when you vape you don't need to use as much weed to get the same high, so you end up saving weed. Is that true?

Noticed Amazon sells them for $89, with Prime shipping. Seems like a good deal.

What are people's experiences with portable vaporizers? Anyone here have the Magic Flight Launch box? I'm looking for a portable vape for under $150. Also, I've heard that when you vape you don't need to use as much weed to get the same high, so you end up saving weed. Is that true?

+1 for MFLB here. One of the best paraphernalia purchases i've ever made. Sneaky and portable too.

You do end up saving since you can reuse vaped trees for edibles or even just smoking if you are low on greens.

Like I posted above, I ordered a SmokeGenie. Very good vap. You use a lighter for about 8 seconds and the ceramic element heats up and vaps the weed. Good hits right off the bat. A little bulky but will fit in a loose pocket (about 6 inches long).
I felt the sensory feedback from using a pipe but no smoke gets in your lungs.
$55-60.

That was my first 'vape' pipe. Its not worth it, imo. Especially if you plan to let others use it. The learning curve is just to steep and people usually put the lighter too close and accidently burn the ceramic. Also its a bitch to use if you are outdoors, its windy, or if you don't have access to a lighter/run out.

Zeke

Its 20/g, 60/8th in most of Kentucky if you want anything worth smoking. Pretty shitty prices here...
same here in south texas, I used to get high mids for 60 an ounce. Was beautiful none compacted herb just pretty buds and my guy used to delivered man what a time that was.

So I finally did it yesterday night.

Friend brought it over along with what looked like a smoking pipe (like a sir..). He made me smell it non burnt at first and to me it was very reminiscent of grounded Tulsi/Holy Basil. I told him I disliked it and perhaps it's a matter of "acquired taste".

He instructed me to breathe it in deep as it was burning. This was to be followed up by breathing in some normal air and then holding it in a for a bit before letting it out. He did warn me that because I haven't smoked before (anything) that I may cough incessantly. So I started breathing it in deep (pretty awful taste) but forgot the part about normal air to dilute the effect of smoke. My lugs felt as if they were burning and I coughed as was foretold. So after a few sips of water, I went on and took a few more hits to my friend's amazement who complimented on being a exceptional for a first time smoker (because I didn't cough again till the last hit where I screwed up the aforementioned ratio again) in comparison to his other initiates.

So after finishing up, we sat down to watch some tele (music vid). One effect I did feel just prior to this was akin to sending out pulses from within my own head. And here are my physical observations:

• Felt light headed without losing balance or control over my body.
  • Felt as if I was shrinking in my own skin.
  • Felt the pain caused by right leg and hip's sciatic nerve (that I've been suffering from recently) first dull and then almost disappear.
  • The bass seemed to reverberate even more.
  • My mind was going absolutely blank from time to time taking in every single visual and aural detail of the vid. There was a sense of utter calmness (thought it'd be good for meditating).
  • I became very quiet (generally I can be a bit chatty)
  • Found it harder to remember certain words.
  • Eye lids felt heavy without sacrificing awareness.
  • I couldn't conjure up complicated thoughts or ideas (but that also could be due to the fact that we were immersed in watching a vid).
  • Heart rate varied highly.
  • My vision remained unaffected.
  • Sense of humour unaffected.
  • Felt emotionally stunted (generally the vid we were watching evokes certain responses in me every time).
  • I found my friend's temporary talkative behaviour to be somewhat annoying.

My friend's (a now bi-monthly smoker with lengthy experience) experience (he smoked about 1.5 times of what I did):

• To him almost everything became funnier.
  • He asked a few foolish questions pertaining to the video we were watching, while we were watching it.
  • His auditory sense was similarly affected.
  • He became much more chatty than me.

Overall, I have felt most of the sensations (with certain variations of course) before; it happens to be when I'm suffering from fever. The effects were much milder than what I was told they would be. Also, the outcomes that I did experience run contrary to what I require (and though I'd experience) to overcome writer's block.

Your take on your first time smoking is very nerdy but also very funny....That aside...

It took me 3x's before I got high. Then I got really high. It was just regular swag. Felt like everything was all strobe light outside as I was driving at night(yeah, yeah). Got to McDonalds. Had fun. No more wondering if I was high, as there was no need to ask anymore as it just was.

What do you guys like to do when you toke?

I usually break out the hookah after doing some hits from a mini bong I've got. I just straight up chill, listen to music, and talk it up with the bros.

Hookah is so much fun when you're high.

i've a mflb. it does save you a bit, especially since you can reuse the toasted stuff, but like others have said it's a different feeling high. iirc (been a while) it took a little longer to set on. make sure you clean it out fairly often, it can get pretty grimy pretty quick if you don't. if you buy it new you get (or used to get?) a lifetime warranty anyway: my dog punctured the screen mesh and it only took a week or two for them to send a replacement.

my friend has an io-lite, and while i prefer hitting out of it, it's fairly loud, takes butane, and is pretty obviously lighting something. if you don't need the "stealthy" aspect i'd suggest that, it is a fair bit less portable than the mflb though.

I usually break out the hookah after doing some hits from a mini bong I've got. I just straight up chill, listen to music, and talk it up with the bros.

listening to music, socializing, playing vidya are all pretty fun. going outside for walks or bike rides are pretty refreshing too, especially with music or friends.

TheExodu5

Banned

Having smoked about a dozen times, I've had different experiences.

- The first time I smoked I was just slightly light headed.
- The second time I smoked I felt absolutely nothing.
- The third time I smoked I had trouble breathing and can barely remember much...my friends brought me back to bed and I was having delusions regarding getting caught. Not exactly a panic attack, but there was a level of anxiety there among other symptoms.
- The fourth time I smoked I took quite a few hits of hash...and felt absolutely nothing even though my friends were quite high (and yes, I knew how to smoke).

After that, I've had two different types of experience while smoking:

- I have some severe short term memory loss. I can't remember much outside of the previous 10 seconds of events. This becomes slightly disconcerting as I'm fully aware that I'm experiencing memory loss.
- Full blown panic attack. Trouble breathing. Fast heart rate. Nausea. The last time I had a panic attack while smoking my heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to explode and I was out of commission. This was from a very tiny bong hit, mind you.

I've decided that I just don't react well with weed, and I don't want to chance another panic attack.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I threw up the first time I smoked. Everything went blurry to the point where I couldn't see or feel anything. Then I vomited and felt amazing.

- The third time I smoked I had trouble breathing and can barely remember much...my friends brought me back to bed and I was having delusions regarding getting caught. Not exactly a panic attack, but there was a level of anxiety there among other symptoms.
- The fourth time I smoked I took quite a few hits of hash...and felt absolutely nothing even though my friends were quite high (and yes, I knew how to smoke).

- I have some severe short term memory loss. I can't remember much outside of the previous 10 seconds of events. This becomes slightly disconcerting as I'm fully aware that I'm experiencing memory loss.
- Full blown panic attack. Trouble breathing. Fast heart rate. Nausea. The last time I had a panic attack while smoking my heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to explode and I was out of commission. This was from a very tiny bong hit, mind you.

I've decided that I just don't react well with weed, and I don't want to chance another panic attack.

I had a panic attack once when I smoked from a bong for the first time. I was actually fucked up for like a week after that; post panic attack anxiety or some shit. Ever since then I'm careful about over doing it. About two weeks ago I tried my mini bong for the first time, did 6 hits. Hit me like a shotgun 15 minutes later. Full body high, complete tingling sensation, rapid heart race etc etc. It was similar to the time I first tried a full bong; I just reminded my self that It's just the weed and that I over did it. Two days after that, I tried it again. Only did 3 hits this time. I was really high, but it was all pleasant, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I threw up the first time I smoked. Everything went blurry to the point where I couldn't see or feel anything. Then I vomited and felt amazing.

Oh man, lol. You just reminded me of that first night I was describing. Basically I was freaking out, and one of my other friends ate like half a package of oreos after smoking. He was sitting down, and was like 'oh man, oh man...' Then he did it, straight up puked into a plastic cup, started overflowing. Meanwhile me and my other friends are freaking out cause he just puked n all. Such a crazy fucking night. Oh, and that was also the night I took a bite of a chewy chips ahoy cookie, and spit it all over my friends floor, because I either had crazy cotton mouth and couldn't swallow it, or I was just grossed out that it was chewy. My vision was also blurry, and I could barely feel anything. I didn't vomit though... I just kept running my hands through my hair, and I actually thought I was pulling my hair out. Fuck, that was so crazy. Welp, that's my story, lol.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Well, what I did was even worse. I threw up then got dared to lick the vomit for a supply of unlimited weed.

I did it.

totowhoa

Banned

I didn't get high my first time smoking (and I'm about 80% sure I hadn't even had a cigarette before at this point). Second time I got insanely high. Everything was just funny as fuck. Me and a couple of other friends who were also new to smoking were just laughing nonstop. We went down to the gas station for snacks (I wanted to see if food was really that much better, plus I'd gotten hungry.. :p). Walked back home and then decided to drive over to the Hispanic part of town and hit up some taco trucks. Man we should not have been in public (and we definitely weren't the ones driving at this point).

We were standing in a circle, about six or seven of us, waiting on our food and having a good-ass time. Somebody said something funny and we just started laughing our asses off and couldn't quit. We probably went for a solid three to four minutes without stopping, it was forever... like we'd start to stop, look at each other, and then just bust out again. Several times over and over. At the time, we were hanging out with three guys from our older group of friends who were 22 - 24, and I think the younger group of us were 17 then (weird discrepancy, I know, we were just all part of the music scene and a couple of us had started playing together some). They were embarrassed as fuck and kept telling us to settle down, but even they got caught up in it. Everybody kept looking, but whatever... man I remember those burritos being so good then.

Just do it once more in like a week or so. You'll know it's working when it feels like you're going in slow-mo and everything on TV is even dumber than usual.

Me and my friends used to find getting stoned and watching an insane T.V. evangelist hilarious as fuck. We watched this one guy a couple of times, he was fucking nuts... usually I hate watching T.V. though. Can't stand my friends who just get stoned and watch shit on netflix for three hours.

braves01

Banned

Just do it once more in like a week or so. You'll know it's working when it feels like you're going in slow-mo and everything on TV is even dumber than usual.

Ashhong

Best purchase ever. Do it. Do it now. TRUST.

So how is this thread still going when all our previous attempts in the community section keep getting shot down? Just curious is all.

Splinter

I had similar experiences when I first started, mainly because the first time I smoked I smoked way too much too fast in an already awkward and anxious situation... and I had a full blown panic attack to the point where I knew my life was over lol. The resulting anxiety fukked with me for a week even though I was sober, very noticeable physical anxiety symptoms as well as mental and visual(depersonalization). For the next few months I would get extreme anxiety whenever I smoked any at all, almost like my body recognized that the weed caused the attack and it started again.

After I few months it went away and I can smoke freely now. But I know that an anxiety attack while being high is absolutely awful, the anxiety itself is like a total different psychoactive drug, it changes the way your mind works and you can really tell while/after you are high. Mine was so bad I honestly thought I had entered psychosis or some type of schizophrenia.

-my vision was dark around the edges, shadowy like I was looking through a black tube
-my blood pressure fukked up my visions and I could see my eyes "beating" with sparkly red visuals
-I could hear my thoughts way too intensely, not just word thoughts, but I could hear very loud noises in my head, like a big machine running
-My body was so tense it felt like electricity was running throughout it
-I hallucinated noises and people walking in on me and catching me, I could hear screams and whispering in the background.

It was terrifying to say the least. Thankfully I have gotten over it, but the feeling is always in the back of my mind, I can almost feel it trying to happen again sometimes.

edit:
this pic I saw a few pages back pretty much sums up the visuals during teh attack, but with the shadows around the edges and it was more red. It was like my eyes were throbbing.

kFHnF.gif

Mr.Fresh

Damn guys. I started smoking when I was 16 with my cousin. From then I would smoke on and off threw highschool. Once I graduated in the summer I smoked every night at least 3 times a day until school started in September (College) then I started smoking only once a day and still do.

My experiences are always the same. I feel like I'm in control but I feel floaty. I over think everything and my mouth gets SUPER dry like I have no saliva in my mouth until liquid touches my tounge then it goes back to normal. Other then that it's an amazing feeling.

CTE

First time I smoked I thought "Where have you been all my life?!?!"

That was almost two decades ago now.

Still a daily driver, though.

Ashhong

Damn guys. I started smoking when I was 16 with my cousin. From then I would smoke on and off threw highschool. Once I graduated in the summer I smoked every night at least 3 times a day until school started in September (College) then I started smoking only once a day and still do.

My experiences are always the same. I feel like I'm in control but I feel floaty. I over think everything and my mouth gets SUPER dry like I have no saliva in my mouth until liquid touches my tounge then it goes back to normal. Other then that it's an amazing feeling.

This is pretty much how I feel every time I hit my vape. It doesn't even matter if it's sativa or indica, I feel the same floaty, amazing feeling every time.

I get this as well, exactly the same, around 10-15 second resets with full awareness, almost reminds me of the movie Memento. I've never met anyone who's also experienced this! No panic attacks for me, though. Only ever experience this from bongs though, never from joints or vaporizers. Crazy, to say the least.

KevinRo

Don't smoke alot for your first couple times, otherwise you're gonna go crazy and start forgetting shit. But once your lips get black and you've done it a couple times you can experience it in it's entirety. Just bring visine.

Grinchy

Banned
I think I smoked a couple times last year and the year before that, and 0 times this year.

When my finals are out of the way, I might re-join the master race.

SmokyDave

Anyone else find it real easy to take toke breaks? I've done a 3 month break before because I was scared of getting drug tested. And just recently I did a month long break after smoking every single day for about 2 months. It really wasn't that hard to stop. The first couple of days it is hard but after that it's easy.

And shit, it gets easier to get high after a break.

Yup. I smoked daily for fucking years (10+) and then in May this year, decided to take a break. Haven't touched a joint since and haven't missed it at all. I'll probably grab an eighth for the Christmas break, but only if it's convenient.

I'd never have believed you could stop toking and not miss it until I actually did. Feel a bit foolish about the size of my prior habit now. Still, it's a larf, innit!

tehbible

Why do I see posts on Facebook saying "High AF!" - along with the elderly saying "Oh these kids are trying... to escape reality!" (does the exact opposite for me)

It's not like that. I just started working construction, and all my coworkers smoke blunts just like a cig i.e. normal? We get high, continue what we're doing, and go on. You see in movies it's always a couple of bone heads eating potato chips on the couch, cracked over their mind.

Maybe when it becomes legal in states, people will look at it differently.

are you high???

please do not operate machinery while under the influence. Not a good idea, whether it's alcohol or marijuana.

darthbob

You sound like me. I love to do this exact scenario.

Edit: Hooray for buying a half oz. for $60! It was good shit too.

T Dollarz

Yeah me and the homies usually just sit at a table, smoke hookah and bud, listen to music, discuss life. Did it every day over the summer and it never got stale. Sometimes play some video games, throw on netflix. If I'm smoking alone, definitely playing, watching, listening. Anything to enjoy myself.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
i've a mflb. it does save you a bit, especially since you can reuse the toasted stuff, but like others have said it's a different feeling high. iirc (been a while) it took a little longer to set on. make sure you clean it out fairly often, it can get pretty grimy pretty quick if you don't. if you buy it new you get (or used to get?) a lifetime warranty anyway: my dog punctured the screen mesh and it only took a week or two for them to send a replacement.

my friend has an io-lite, and while i prefer hitting out of it, it's fairly loud, takes butane, and is pretty obviously lighting something. if you don't need the "stealthy" aspect i'd suggest that, it is a fair bit less portable than the mflb though.

Yeah I've heard it's a bit of a different high. Is it like more of a head high vs a body high or vice versa, that kind of thing?

Jacobi

Banned
What kind of weed are you all smoking? After smoking weed I usually feel awakened/more tired (depends on the strain), have funny thoughts, time feels slow which is great, everything feels so comfortable, especially beds, wandering around with friends is super fun... What you all are describing sounds like torture...

Top Bottom