• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PC Graphics of 2017

I feel strongly enough to disregard your instruction to include screen shots.

Ass
Creed
Origins

Fuck, it looks amazing. And this series has always been a looker, but damn, this is totally a new level easily. It does crack a little bit under close inspection (something seems off in the light-shadow model perhaps), but zoomed just a little bit — WOW.

From what I could tell, very well optimized too, at least vs. precious AC efforts.

120v

in terms of overall technical accomplishment, asscreed origins

running through towns is almost nauseating, it's so beautiful

For me it is an easy list this year:

1) Starwars Battlefront 2 - Overall winner
2) Hellblade- Senuas Sacrifice (with manualy removed motion blur and film grain + custom SLI config) - Use of graphical technics to bring unique visual experience
3) Ghost Recon Wildlands - Landscapes variety and immersion in vast Open world. Most realistic dynamic weather and time cycle so far
4) The Hunter Call of the Wild - Realistic recreation of game setting
5) Project Cars 2 - Realistic recreation of game setting

Sepultura

Good picks @Neo_Barrad

Its absolutely insane what DICE has achieved this generation while targetting 60fps as a base minimum.

I'll nominate AC: Origins. The game is so rich in detail, vibrant in terms of color, all while being spread out over that massive open world map.

I got it for free because of an ASUS promotion, but if I had paid full price for it I definitely wouldn't be disappointed.

Massive props to Ubi for bouncing back after the mess that was Unity.

Keihart

Ghost Recon Wildlands make rigs cry and has amazing enviroments, maybe that.

GRW_Nvidia_GDC_San_Mateo_Canyon.jpg

F8mULo.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Battlefront 2 ( fuck that game tho)

So i guess that ninja theory game.
Forgot the name its about this girl with voices in her head

SaberEdge

In my opinion, Star Wars Battlefront 2 at its best is probably the most impressive, but not all areas look equally good. Overall, I think Assassin's Creed Origins is the biggest technical achievement. It looks amazing both in terms of up close detail and its big scale vistas. Just an amazingly gorgeous game.

Ghost Recon Wildlands, Hellblade and For Honor are also very impressive visually.

Those are the standout titles for me.

SaberEdge

I hated Battlefront, but the game looked WAY better than Witcher 3 AND ran at 60 fps to boot.

I don't agree that it looked "way" better. The Witcher 3 did some things better and certainly gave me more moments of visual splendor and awe than Battlefront did overall.

Wildlands looks good but it's not the best imo. I personally think battlefield 1 is still the best looking game on PC. Frostbyte at 4K 60fps + HDR10 cannot be beat at the moment.

Top Bottom