• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowbcat: True suffering: PUBG on the original Xbox One

dcb2821

The game acted like this at times on my PC. I have an i5 and GTX 970 and had the settings on low and buildings still didnt load right away amd I would get shit frames in parts of the game. Its still in preview, and the problems arent just on Xbox.

Senua

The game acted like this at times on my PC. I have an i5 and GTX 970 and had the settings on low and buildings still didnt load right away amd I would get shit frames in parts of the game. Its still in preview, and the problems arent just on Xbox.

I think the building thing only happens when installing to a HDD on PC. I've never seen that issue on SSD.

The PC version has issues for sure, but the issues on PC for me are struggling to maintain a solid 60fps at all times, the console version can hardly even hit 30. I can go from being at 110fps then I'll shoot at someone and suddenly it will drop down to 55. Even G sync cant really iron that much of a drop out.

Apparently the test server is a lot better though.

these are silly, did none of you play this when it first launched on PC? i would guess not with some of the comments.
I think people who make these threads, and such also did not play this game from the start on the PC.
Oh, and when you buy early access, and game preview game.... it says stuff like the game will have issues, may not work well at times, and other nice words basically saying it will improve over time.... because its still in development.

Senua

these are silly, did none of you play this when it first launched on PC? i would guess not with some of the comments.
I think people who make these threads, and such also did not play this game from the start on the PC.
Oh, and when you buy early access, and game preview game.... it says stuff like the game will have issues, may not work well at times, and other nice words basically saying it will improve over time.... because its still in development.

I bought the game about a month after it came out, it was bad but nowhere near as bad as in that video..though of course my PC is a lot more powerful than the Xbox One.

quickwhips

If you put the game on the slowest external shard drive you can make the game play like this but on the internal Xbox one hard drive t doesn’t play this poorly.

It's crazy how an old console like the PS3 was able to handle 256 players with MAG but more powerful consoles like the XB1X have issues with 100 players. Yeah, early access and all, but still.

MizzyLone

This is Battlefield Hardline on Xbox One level bad. Hardline would instantly freeze the moment a game loaded at least here you can run for a few moments.

On a serious note The game is in "Game Preview" which mean it's still under development while giving player a taste of what the game will look on Console and also to stop people from playing Fortnite. So far the complete opposite is happening and instead of gaining player-base everyone is moving to Fortnite because the game mode is free and playable.

FIX YOUR STUFF Bluehole Studio. You'are making Xbox One X look weak.

Looks like Microsoft truly send their best people to make it work on xbox :D I don't remember anything looking this bad even on PS3.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I can't believe Microsoft released this and put such a marketing campaign behind it. I hope it doesn't succeed. It will set a precedent for a low quality bar for games.

MizzyLone

I can't believe Microsoft released this and put such a marketing campaign behind it. I hope it doesn't succeed. It will set a precedent for a low quality bar for games.

Black Desert online is also coming to Xbox One. Just imagine the bar a game like that is going to set on Xbox.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I just made a post in defence of this game in another thread. Xbox player here, have played 20+ games of pubg this weekend. Never saw popup, or texture, or falling through the floor issues like those in the video. Never seen someone swim through the air, etc.

Edit: I did hit something while on a bike that caused me damage that appeared to be a geometry problem and did find it hard to get a shot on someone. I have seen the game lag quite regularly - almost always in the first 2 minutes of a game. No big deal in an early access game, imo.

xviper

this caused by 2 reasons:

1) it's early access

2) amateur developers, so you're telling me Xbox one can run Witcher 3 just fine but can't handle a game that looks like a PS2 game ??

Not Drake

Honestly it should have been delayed its needs a ton of work and the controls need sorting aswell

Why would you even need to delay an "Early Access" release? I'm generally against the idea of selling the right to test the game, but if it has to be done that way, the longer you take to put it on the store, the worse.

Marvel

could never
Biggest issue I have is the input delay and lag. Haven't seen anything else aside from poor texture load in the pre-game lobby.

(X)

Isurus

It doesn't help that the CPUs are very weak and this game has a shit ton of stuff going on.

Fortnite says hi. I don't think this is a CPU issue as much as it is an amateur coding hour issue. For now, I've gone back to Fortnite and will return once the issues are resolved (assuming they are).

Senua

Fortnite says hi. I don't think this is a CPU issue as much as it is an amateur coding hour issue. For now, I've gone back to Fortnite and will return once the issues are resolved (assuming they are).

Fortnite's map is no where near the size of PUBG's, that probably doesn't help.

The game is very CPU dependant, as it is on the PC version.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Only issue my friends have had so far is being disconnected once every 5 or 6 games I’d say and loading textures, nothing as bad as some are making it out to be.

I have faith it’ll run decently in a couple weeks time.

Night.Ninja

Banned
meh1.gif

Games fun

Calibos

Didn't we already have a thread about this video last week? I can't seem to find it, but swear it was there.

Top Bottom