• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World Discussion and Speculation Thread

Im starting to think i want to shut down any further MH info and just save myself for launch!

Its just that Ive seen enough to know that Im READY!

This might be the best game and best effort Capcom has put out in a long time... Im just beyond impressed with the MH team so far

Raide

Im starting to think i want to shut down any further MH info and just save myself for launch!

Its just that Ive seen enough to know that Im READY!

This might be the best game and best effort Capcom has put out in a long time... Im just beyond impressed with the MH team so far

Agreed. I almost don't want to spoil monsters and fights because it takes away some of the fun of learning them.

So does the fact that there's a Pro bundle and not a regular PS4 bundle suggest that the best place to play this is on the Pro? Or am I wrong and that the game will run just as smoothly on the regular model?

Vena

So does the fact that there's a Pro bundle and not a regular PS4 bundle suggest that the best place to play this is on the Pro? Or am I wrong and that the game will run just as smoothly on the regular model?

It's a limited bundle and it targets core fans who will buy it even if they already own a slim. Slim bundles are for when you think you're bringing potentially new people in, ala FFXV in Japan having a slim while a Pro for the rest of the world. Or DQXI going with a slim as it has very broad reach as an IP.

In Japan, this game will be a lot like XX. Targeting and reaching core fans, the other more casual 2-3 million won't show up like they have for 4/4U/X for various reasons.

Kyoufu

The Pro allows you to choose between 3 settings: Resolution, Graphics and Frame Rate.

https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201709220050/

More QOL stuffs.

- Also, some weapons can unwind the reinforcement and reinforce to another derived route. (In case of "rewinding", all materials used for strengthening will be refunded.)

- By registering the equipment you want to produce and enhance, you can check the necessary materials at any time from the menu. Also, depending on the registration content, when the materials gather, we will announce you with a system message.

Toxi

Banned
https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201709220050/

More QOL stuffs.

- Also, some weapons can unwind the reinforcement and reinforce to another derived route. (In case of "rewinding", all materials used for strengthening will be refunded.)

- By registering the equipment you want to produce and enhance, you can check the necessary materials at any time from the menu. Also, depending on the registration content, when the materials gather, we will announce you with a system message.
This is so fucking nice.

Most of the footage we've seen from gamescom and other public events is the game running on regular PS4. If you missed it check Arekkz channel gamescom videos, a lot of direct feed regular PS4 videos and looks like performance wont be an issue:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArekkzG

Nope, Arekkz said his gamescom footage is all on pro.

Oh! Nevermind then, I thought from the both pictures all stations we regular PS4s, except the press only ones!

I think you might be correct, but Arekkz did have press appointments, which is how he was able to get direct capture, and enough time to be able to use every single weapon.

Tom_Cody

I attended NYCC today and I went directly to the Capcom booth as the show opened and I got to play through the demo twice with pretty reasonable wait times both time.

The first time I played the "Intermediate" demo. It was set in the desert level (Wildspire Waste) and we faced a Barroth. The hunt lasted 5-10 minutes and it was pretty easy TBH.

My second time through I requested the "Hard" demo specifically and they matched me up with three other hunters that also wanted to play on hard. This time we were in the Ancient Forest from the debut trailer and we faced an Anjanath (again, from the debut trailer). We had some trouble finding it as the start of the hunt so this one took us 10-15 minutes. Just as in the debut trailer, a Great Jagras crashed the party about 3/4 of the way through. I had a lot of fun but the demo was not at all challenging.

On a fun note, we cut the tails both time.

I might go back tomorrow to try another weapon or two if they lines aren't too bad.

Eolz

Nice impressions!
As a comparison, what would you say the hard hunt was equivalent to? In terms of games/hunts.

Obviously what is marketed as hard in a convention is not necessarily what would be hard in the final game, and more to convince newcomers.

Kyoufu

Yeah they said they toned down the difficulty in the demo build. It should be a little more challenging in the full game.

Tom_Cody

Nice impressions!
As a comparison, what would you say the hard hunt was equivalent to? In terms of games/hunts.

Obviously what is marketed as hard in a convention is not necessarily what would be hard in the final game, and more to convince newcomers.
It felt like the beginning of High Rank. TBH it was probably about the level of the 3DS demos.

Apparently each of the environments has a hidden harder monster, Rathalos in the Ancient Forest and Diablos in Wildspire Waste, but I don't know the conditions to make them appear.

Eolz

It felt like the beginning of High Rank. TBH it was probably about the level of the 3DS demos.

Apparently each of the environments has a hidden harder monster, Rathalos in the Ancient Forest and Diablos in Wildspire Waste, but I don't know the conditions to make them appear.

Uh, bolded sounds pretty appropriate. Guess they could easily polish it then release it then.

Didn't know about the latter, interesting!

I assume the PC specs required for this game are not known as Capcom haven't talked about that version. Would any GAF experts care to guess whether a GTX 760 will be sufficient? I believe I have 8GB RAM and an i5.. er something.

Ridley327

I assume the PC specs required for this game are not known as Capcom haven't talked about that version. Would any GAF experts care to guess whether a GTX 760 will be sufficient? I believe I have 8GB RAM and an i5.. er something.

Probably. It's running on MT Framework, and while it's clearly been heavily modified, it's still an engine that's long been well optimized on the PC.

Mifec

It's running on MT framework and the game is supposed to run on the regular ps4 and xbox. I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks. If I don't need to upgrade it means I can afford to buy a Switch. Capcom's making my life difficult with their choice of platforms.

Hybris

Earlier today a reddit post noted that retailer FNAC updated the PC version's release date to 2/2/2018 (1 week after the console version). Also recently, an employee stated that they only update the release date if the official provider asks them to do so. Hype jets are warm.. please be true!

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I misread the reddit thread. It was changed from 2/2/2018 to 1/26/2018. Interpret that how you will

Khezu

Earlier today a reddit post noted that retailer FNAC updated the PC version's release date to 2/2/2018 (1 week after the console version). Also recently, an employee stated that they only update the release date if the official provider asks them to do so. Hype jets are warm.. please be true!

That would be amazing.

I could possibly resist double dipping if it's only a week.

It would be hard, but I think I can do it.

Toxi

Banned
Please be true.

Hybris

Edited post but ignore me I'm an idiot lol... I misread the reddit thread. It was changed from 2/2/2018 to 1/26/2018. Interpret that how you will, but I'm guessing they were just updating the placeholder date.

Was able to try out a demo this morning and first impressions are: everything is super smooth!

Exploring in the game feels great didn't realise how having sprint mapped to l3 made such a difference. Had a go at the forest area but was hopping to try the desert, the map is constantly sprawling with multi vertices paths leading into each other. Honestly it's really easy to get lost but managed to find a Rathalos but lost it amongst all the trees. I eventually bumped into the g jagras getting pummelled by the anjanath and decided to take on the anjanath with the Longsword.

Once again fighting is as smooth as cutting butter with a knife, once I got used to the controls I was p much able to use the ls's new dodge counter attack on every opportunity. I wasn't able to pull off the special stab into a jumping slash as my demo was cut short.

For now anjanath has escaped my grasp but I will relish with the reward of cutting it's tail. Absolutely cannot wait for the full release!

Top Bottom