• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

More of a reaction to a discussion in a separate place where someone brought the two up and compared them.

I feel like praising Pusha T though so I'll continue with it.

His opening verse on Keys Open Doors is one of the greatest of all time (Malices verse is just as good as well).

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
Pusha T>Kendrick
Pusha has literally only improved as a rapper/writer.

I cannot disagree with this. Push is my favourite rapper, even if Kendrick is more versatile.
His pen game is just so damn consistent, unmatched presence on the mic and even though it's mostly the same subject matter time and time again, it feels fresh each project. Plus he knows how to choose beats for sure.

He's a better techinical rhymer, is much better with wordplay and punchlines, plus I just prefer his writing style.

Really it's mainly Darkest Before Dawn, that project has really gotten into my head this year, one of my favorite lyrically performances ever, over a decade into his career and he's JUST perfecting his rhyming.

I recommend everyone play it 20 times this week.

If he broke out of his coke matrix then there wouldn't even be a question.

Lmk when he makes a good album
Hell Hath No Fury and Darkest Before Dawn.

illadelph

Question, why does everyone care about KTT?
We have speculation on an internet forum about reactions on another internet forum.

Anyway, The Watcher 2 came on shuffle in the whip, and I forgot how nasty it is. Prime Hov rapping like he knows he's the best rapper alive, and Rakim absolutely smashes it. (It sounds like he wrote Dre's verse, too.) I wanted to link it, but I can't find it anywhere. Youtube only has lame remixes and mashups.

Anyway, The Watcher 2 came on shuffle in the whip, and I forgot how nasty it is. Prime Hov rapping like he knows he's the best rapper alive, and Rakim absolutely smashes it. (It sounds like he wrote Dre's verse, too.) I wanted to link it, but I can't find it anywhere. Youtube only has lame remixes and mashups.

Super underrated track. Rakim's verse is so good, and the way Dre reworked the beat wheww

YOU CAN TRY COPIN'
I'VE SEEN ENOUGH SHIT TO LEAVE YOU FRAME OF MIND BROKEN
I'M STILL ALIVE AND SCOPIN'
BE ANOTHER HUNDRED YEARS TILL MY SKIES CLOSE IN
AND I'MA DIE WITH MY EYES OPEN
THE WATCHER

Helmholtz

I'm not a fan of the original M50s but supposedly the M50x have improved on the signature never tried them.

I'd suggest the V-Moda M100 maybe they definitely have bass. ADL H118 are nice too but not as visceral with the thump, sporting more of a nice warmness to them.
Thanks for the recs I'll look into them.

caliph95

I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head
You're tryin' to save me, stop holdin' your breath
And you think I'm crazy, yeah, you think I'm crazy

Oh sorry you meant the good one

Tokubetsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34C-0CveumM

og6anzi.gif

ThisGuy

Alright gaffers. I don't come in here often enough, I should change that.. Recommend me something new, please. Besides Kendricks new lp. I need some new albums to listen to. Any help is appreciated. I like it all, as long as its good, can't go wrong.

I just listened to Fetty Wap 679 a couple weeks ago. Stuff is crazy good. I've been slackn

Kanye, Bon Iver, and the beat are amazing.
Honestly, it was on mbdtf. It was bound to be great.

HiResDes

Alright gaffers. I don't come in here often enough, I should change that.. Recommend me something new, please. Besides Kendricks new lp. I need some new albums to listen to. Any help is appreciated. I like it all, as long as its good, can't go wrong.

I just listened to Fetty Wap 679 a couple weeks ago. Stuff is crazy good. I've been slackn

Check out Being You is Great, I Wish I could be you More Often and JIDs Never Story.

Tokubetsu

Kap G's "Supa Jefe"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPyUdZDDNUA

I'm curious to see how MBDTF does down the line. Obviously some people don't like it as much but if any artist has the potential for his discography to age really well, Kanye is the guy in this decade.

ThisGuy

I'm curious to see how MBDTF does down the line. Obviously some people don't like it as much but if any artist has the potential for his discography to age really well, Kanye is the guy in this decade.

I think its one of the best albums ever made myself. I'm bias as hell, kanye can do no wrong on an album in my eyes.

Quelle Chris is strange in a great way. Gonna be getting this for sure, gotta look into the rest yet, but thanks for the suggestions.

Are you sure you're not 16.
To be 16 again. I passed up on so many women. I was a fucking idiot.

Are you sure you're not 16.

I bought sa2 soundtrack and it kicks. Oddly enough I thought the game was boring when I bought it and I think the 3D Sonic games are universally garbage games outside of their music.

I think its one of the best albums ever made myself. I'm bias as hell, kanye can do no wrong on an album in my eyes.

Quelle Chris is strange in a great way. Gonna be getting this for sure, gotta look into the rest yet, but thanks for the suggestions.

To be 16 again. I passed up on so many women. I was a fucking idiot.

Yeah, it's a 10/10 for me.

Stop after S3&K cause they lost the funk after that.

You can't go wrong with the early 16-bit. I think the 2nd Genesis game is the best overall, with the first Adventure being my personal favorite.

7 years in and it's still getting the same acclaim as it recieved on release.
The only boons on it are Jay and Nicki's Monster verse, and the repetitiveness of Monster and So Appalled (though they're both great), TPAB is it's only competition for the top of the end of the decade lists atm, and since it doesn't have a moment as weak as those two verses and doesn't have songs as repetitive as those two it might boost it up, but I'm still taking MBDTF, it's seriously incredible.

Also:
LR/808s/MBDTF/YEEZUS>GKMC
808s/MBDTF/YEEZUS=TPAB

On another note, Lost in the World is absolutely INCREDIBLE. The first time I heard that ending, when everything drops.....euphoria inducing holy shit. What a perfect ending.

On another note, Lost in the World is absolutely INCREDIBLE. The first time I heard that ending, when everything drops.....euphoria inducing holy shit. What a perfect ending.
The re-recorded Bon Iver intro to the track made me tear up during a bad period last week, and Kanye's verse is perfect, everything about that album comes togther so well that it just overshadows the flaws.
The Gil Scott outro and the claps at the end too, I can't think of a better ending.

"I fantasized bout this back in Chicago.." is one of my favorite album intro lines as well, god Dark Fantasy (the song) is insane, one of the best beat drops of all time too.

The re-recorded Bon Iver intro to the track made me tear up during a bad period last week, and Kanye's verse is perfect, everything about that album comes togther so well that it just overshadows the flaws.
The Gil Scott outro and the claps at the end too, I can't think of a better ending.

"I fantasized bout this back in Chicago.." is one of my favorite album intro lines as well, god Dark Fantasy (the song) is insane, one of the best beat drops of all time too.

Bounceounce is a woman?!

Kidding.

Look out for detox is still so good. Don't think Kendrick has ripped a beat like this since.
Always thought that song was fucking trash.

Some people don't like his voice now, but on that song? Yikes.

A lot of his pre s.80/Wayne clone stuff is damn near unlistenable.

Feel the same way about Drake. Only became listenable from Take Care onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom