• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor fight finalized for Aug. 26 - It's on!

I'd honestly take a dive if I'm Floyd. One loss at this age isn't going to make a difference in regards to his legacy, but losing guarantees he triples his payout by guaranteeing another two fights at monster numbers.

All you gotta do is play up being sick but being willing to fight anyway and then take a dive on a wild haymaker. Is the untarnished record worth the money he could make by diving?

Darkman M

I'd honestly take a dive if I'm Floyd. One loss at this age isn't going to make a difference in regards to his legacy, but losing guarantees he triples his payout by guaranteeing another two fights at monster numbers.

All you gotta do is play up being sick but being willing to fight anyway and then take a dive on a wild haymaker. Is the untarnished record worth the money he could make by diving?

I think going undefeated being 50-0 means more to him.

Dazzler

This fuckin guy ahahahahaha

vhxrGbI.png

All time great tweet/insta post right there

Chumley

Banned
Absolutely and it's not even close.

Whole lot of people itt and about to be itt who've clearly never followed either sport swearing that 1) Conor has a great chance and 2) Floyd will flop

Almost fucking no one besides me and like two other people think Conor is going to win, the vast majority are just talking shit on anyone who even suggests that possibility, or are riding Floyd's dick. I don't know what forum you're reading.

Conor is going to set the PPV record, take his L, cash in his $100 million, ride off into the sunset and make every night red panty night, never to be seen again.

bud

conor won't gass

he's doing the maclife f.a.s.t. program

his vo2 max is through the roof and he will take off in the latter rounds

PR_rambo

Banned
I don't think you MMA kids understand. Conor is going to be a joke in the ring. Floyd Mayweather doesn't play at being great. His resume obliterates Mcgregors who's beat like Aldo and that's it.
This fuck is going to do what Pacquaio and Canelo could not? Please. Paulie Malinaggi would probably body that sucker.

Mayweather didn't lose to no Nate Diaz tier mediocrity in his career neither.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I don't think you MMA kids understand. Conor is going to be a joke in the ring. Floyd Mayweather doesn't play at being great. His resume obliterates Mcgregors who's beat like Aldo and that's it.
This fuck is going to do what Pacquaio and Canelo could not? Please. Paulie Malinaggi would probably body that sucker.

I'm an MMA kid and even I understand how bad this is gonna be.

Like, I'm anticipating this to be CM Punk levels of bad.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Manny Pacquiao could barely get through his defense, and people legitimately think Conor has even a puncher's chance? Manny would 100% kill Conor in 2 rounds max.

Floyd might not stop him, but he will absolutely beat the hell out of him for 12 rounds.

I do think Floyd stops him though. If Nate could daze Conor, Floyd will have his head all kinds of fucked up.

Chumley

Banned

Talking down to MMA as if boxing is where real badasses fight is hilarious, because in MMA Floyd would get his head kicked off in two seconds.

Eanan

Makes it bittersweet, knowing that we will unlikely ever see McGregor fight in the UFC again after this. Was a fun ride though, legendary stuff.

old

I don't want to bet on the fight. That's too easy.

I want to bet that it get delayed due to injury.

NYR

McGregor will win this however if he does lose it will by points.
Yes, that one boxing match he didn't have was incredible, the way he has never thrown a professional boxing punch was to much to overcome for his no opponents, definitely deserving of his amazing flawless record of 0-0 and will easily beat a top 10 boxer of all time who has never lost.

Top Bottom