• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita can't connect to PSN store on firmware 3.57

Tjamato88

Checked my Vita when I was home for lunch at 12:30. It was at 3/4 battery after being at full battery and in sleep mode when I left at 8:30 this morning.

No games were running in the background it was just on the home screen.

My battery was dead this morning too, which was annoying since I use wake up club as an alarm. Had it unplugged with Wake up club running all night which usually doesn't drain the battery at all. Wifi was on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was like that for me when I updated it this past weekend. Then later in the day it seemed to connect fine, and has done so ever since.

updated it yesterday and some games like soul sacrifice would always give me an error code.
read up on the internet that a database rebuild would fix the problem.

went into recovery mode and accently formatted my memory card.
now all my games are gone and i havent backed the saves up in the cloud :(

Updated a couple days ago and my Vita is fine, dled some PS1 games as well with no problem. Battery life is also the same as usual. I wonder what's doing this.

Yeah I don't have the store bug and my battery is fine
These two things seem related, so at least it's not some general battery eating bug in the new FW

PCH-1100 / Wi-Fi + 3G model

I updated the other day. I was able to connect to the PSN store after a couple tries and download two larger games (FFX/X-2). But taking a couple tries to connect to the PSN store has been par for the course for the past year now. I'll leave mine in sleep mode for today to test the battery.

EDIT: I should note my personal Vita habit is if I'm not actively in the middle of a game I want to pause and come back to, I usually power off. I have had my Vita battery empty after leaving it in sleep mode for 1-2 weeks, so I usually power it off if I'm not actively playing something.

EDIT 2: Also, I almost always leave wi-fi off unless I'm connecting to the store. Do most of you leave it on?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PCH-1100 / Wi-Fi + 3G model

I updated the other day. I was able to connect to the PSN store after a couple tries and download two larger games (FFX/X-2). But taking a couple tries to connect to the PSN store has been par for the course for the past year now. I'll leave mine in sleep mode for today to test the battery.

EDIT: I should note my personal Vita habit is if I'm not actively in the middle of a game I want to pause and come back to, I usually power off. I have had my Vita battery empty after leaving it in sleep mode for 1-2 weeks, so I usually power it off if I'm not actively playing something.

Same.

Just powered it up again, and it is connecting fine.

My battery's been totally fine, with suspended game and wifi on. It's been off the charge for about a day and a half now. I have a launch 1000 and it's been on for almost the entire time.

I can connect to the store too, I just have had the either can't connect when opening the store or starting to fail to connect after navigating through a page or two on a regular basis since probably mid December or early.

The frequency of connection problem is why I believe the widespread issue that some people can't connect all. If people are also having battery problems to go with it, maybe it's to do with the way system resources have been freed up, or the way some recent games turn background functions and program use off during play... maybe some toggling processes get confused during the process under specific circumstances/order of events?

Superfrog

My battery also was suddenly dead yesterday night, normally it should still have easily been at 75% charge at that point. Vita 2000 here. So yeah, this is really annoying.

lazydom

I can connect to the store no problems, but none of my PSP/PSone apps show up at all. My vita recognizes them in the content manager, but no buttons appear in the UI.

maouvin

Battery is fine. Sometimes I get stuck on the "Please Wait" accessing the store or my profile on settings, but a restart (or even going to airplane mode and back) solves it.

But even so, the store's been a bit wonky for me. Not the first time it happened, tho.

JSoup

Banned
I'm still not having any of these store issues, but people are talking about battery problems as well? I've always found the Vita to have a rather....substandard battery, but I have noticed it running down faster in the last few weeks.

FireCloud

After seeing this thread I just checked my OG 3G-WiFi Vita. Things seem well. I was able to open the store after the usual delay. Since I typically keep my Vita docked, I'll leave it off the charger to see if there is any unordinary battery drain.

So I wanted to run a test and see if my system was the issue. It's obviously not seeing all the internet comments but I wanted to run it again.

I grabbed a used Vita 2000 at GameStop and tested it. It was on firmware 3.55. Was forced to upgrade when I opened the store in order to access it. Upgraded to 3.57 and got the please wait issue again.

Uh, guys? Is this known?

An IGN editor is saying this on Twitter:
4rpPrF1.png
Already did it. It locks you out of all your content because you then can't sign onto PSN to validate the items on your memory card belong to you. So yeah basically screwed.

That's why I'm guessing he is saying that.

pbayne

I'm still not having any of these store issues, but people are talking about battery problems as well? I've always found the Vita to have a rather....substandard battery, but I have noticed it running down faster in the last few weeks.

Jesus thank god i saw this thread before updating anything. I guess ill keep wi-fi off on my vita for the time being.

Im having a tough time comprehending how a firmware update is effecting the battery life

Jesus thank god i saw this thread before updating anything. I guess ill keep wi-fi off on my vita for the time being.

Im having a tough time comprehending how a firmware update is effecting the battery life

I think it may have to do with when you first attempt to log into the PSN, the please wait remains latent even after you quit, and may be a reason why the battery drains faster. This is only a theory and I'm not sure what the actual data says (if there's any).

SiDCrAzY

Everything seems to be working for me so far. This is on a fairly new Vita, maybe about a month old.

The only thing that is slower than before is the Vita takes a while to start downloading stuff from the download queue from the web store.

Was downloading stuff off the Vita store and webstore all day yesterday.

I've had no problem using the PS Store on my Vita until the last few updates. Now it has been disconnecting me randomly with errors at different points in the Store.

Like others, I have to try connecting multiple times to PSN to even get the storefront to load in. Then, if I move my cursor around, the store usually drops and I get the disconnect error. Takes me more than 10 tries to get to a game's page and successfully download it.

Added: I have a launch Vita and I'm not having any battery drainage issues. Looking like this bug is only affecting the newer 2000 models.

mattp

i charged my vita last night, turned it on, updated it, put it on the coffee table...and went to sleep.

i just checked it when i got home from work and its dead

Tygamr

Yeah my Vita's battery life is bad in standby mode now. It was almost fully charged last night and when I got home a couple of hours ago, it was dead. Usually can keep it in standby for weeks before it dies.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Had no problems connecting to the store up until yesterday but tried just now and I'm stuck on the waiting screen like everyone else.

Vita 2000 and no battery problem, luckily. What a pain in the ass though.

Sometimes I wonder why they even bother with firmware updates anymore. The system is dead outside of Japan, there are no more big Western games coming to it, and the homebrew/piracy options on it are so limited that they don't affect what little profit they make off the console at all. What's worse is that they're not even adding new features to it anymore; the past few updates have just been removing functionality. Being able to get on the store and having the battery life drain more than intended is almost as bad as firmware that can brick the console. It just feels like a waste of time and resources to me when the security and expensive memory cards prevent the Vita from being an open platform like the PSP was anyway. At the very least, they could add some new features to warrant the consumer being harassed to "update" with nothing in it for them.

Can't speak to the battery drain as I power down the system when not in use. I do, however, have the store issue. Attempting to access the store just results in "Please Wait..." Prior to this update I have been having an issue where the store would often spit out errors or time out but I could at the very least access it. Other internet dependent functions work fine like trophy syncing, web browser and online play.

stuminus3

Banned
DB rebuild didn't fix the "please wait" issue for me this time.

I guess I can use my PS3 to download and transfer but that version of the store's a pain in the ass too.

FireCloud

After seeing this thread I just checked my OG 3G-WiFi Vita. Things seem well. I was able to open the store after the usual delay. Since I typically keep my Vita docked, I'll leave it off the charger to see if there is any unordinary battery drain.

Well over 4 hours and there hasn't been any distinguishable change in the battery charge with 3 tabs opened; P4G, Friends, and trophies.

Just wanted to give another point of input.

For those of you experiencing battery drain, is your Vita warm? Mine was quite cool after sitting suspended for 4 hours.

RE_Player

Can't believe there is no comment yet.

Can't connect to the PSN store through my Vita and my battery is draining way faster in sleep mode. I could leave it in sleep mode for weeks and now it is draining past the half way point in a couple of hours.

I had to buy A Boy and His Blob and the new Zen Pinball 2 tables on my PS3 and transfer them to my Vita manually.

Jesus this update seems to be creating havoc.

Popped into some P4G last night but casually rejected the update as I didn't feel like doing it then and I'm glad I did.

Will chill on the old firmware until this issue is fixed, hurry up Sony!

anddo0

Mine connects, but it's gone periods when it can't.. Restarting the Vita helps.
I thought it was my new router; obviously not the case.

Can't believe there is no comment yet.

I'm actually super pissed about this. Did they even bother to QA the update before pushing it fucking through?

I can still play the games that I own, so at least I have that, but Sony ought to acknowledge the issue and give us some info.

Top Bottom