• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
AAhIOe.png

nVUKPN.png

NQT751.png

2YorN5.png

4fHHut.png

I5hyj5.png

d7qP49.png

qtbsVO.png

QV6nPG.png

Full patch notes available here - http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-245851-16/update-11-incursions-patch-notes + http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co...division-item-drops-and-crafting-in-update-11

f7Sy0I.png

Cfh9CLTWIAAudbp.jpg:large

4v79ZK.png

AHzEf8.png

“Is this based on a Tom Clancy book?”
- No, but Tom Clancy’s son signed off on the concept and loved it. It IS based off a real world military practice scenario called Dark Winter and Directive 51. Devs discussing the importance of Tom Clancy's name

"Is there any extended lore I can read?"
- Yes. There is a very good companion book for sale that has a lot of information about living within the world of The Division.

“What’s with all the red pandas?"
- This started in the beta thread when people started losing their minds over missing The Division. It stuck, and now DivisionGAF’s official mascot is the red panda.

"Bambi?"
- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

R8ZvCZ.png

pfFzaY.png

Cross posting with old thread. Watching Goth, hard mode dropped a set piece and awarded one. One was 191 and the other 214.

That blows so much. The way they talked it up, it sounded like it would their version of a raid. Why the fuck didn't they just say you'll be fighting waves of enemies in 1 room.
They did say that. At no time did they ever say this would be like a raid that you find in other MMORPGs. Expectations were bloated by people who weren't listening to what Massive has been saying all along.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Welcome back to the Phoenix grind guys.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That blows so much. The way they talked it up, it sounded like it would their version of a raid. Why the fuck didn't they just say you'll be fighting waves of enemies in 1 room.

They never, ever said it would be a raid. That was your expectations preparing you to be let down.

They did say that. At no time did they ever say this would be like a raid that you find in other MMORPGs. Expectations were bloated by people who weren't listening to what Massive has been saying all along.

Really because not once on here or reddit did I see anyone say this was gonna be a horde mode. Sounds like no one knew to me.

Matt Frost

I know... I am hugely disappointed in this as well, is even worse than I thought... 1 room... $%&##@%$

I just tried matchmaking for the incursion , and the team leader was already in the big room....so when any of the new people who joined tried to go into the sewer it just kept reloading us outside.

Liamc723

Matchmaking for this Incursion absolutely sucks. I haven't been able to get past wave 4.

Hurry up mail man, I need Dark Souls 3 instead.

They never, ever said it would be a raid. That was your expectations preparing you to be let down.

When you advertise something as needing a lot of teamwork, different skill builds, and adding new mechanics, that makes it sound like something other than horde mode. They should have just said it was a horde mode from the beginning.

Can't wait to play after work today. Going to be obsessively reading GAF and checking Reddit. Wonder what the new hot exploit is going to be? Looks like my priority will continue to be grinding DZ rank until the weekend when I can try to run the incursion with my squad.

Edit: Oh nice, just realized my suggested thread title won. Never managed to get one in DGAF, good thing DGAF is the better thread...even though most of DGAF is now on DGAF anyway.

Lazlo

The reason you can't join in-progress was to prevent asshats from kicking out group members and inviting their friends before the end, and probably to prevent one member from standing outside and allowing revives since the incursion is no-checkpoint insta-wipe. People will just have to get used to it.

Matt Frost

When you advertise something as needing a lot of teamwork, different skill builds, and adding new mechanics, that makes it sound like something other than horde mode. They should have just said it was a horde mode from the beginning.

Completely agreed, I would have bought it if I knew it was a horde mode in one room...

They never said such thing before and only after the game was released. As user "DCsomething" pointed out in the last OT, Massive only said something about that before the game was released, something like: "Be prepared with your squad to meet a challenging activity and fight enemies that seems invincible" <--- something like this... that can mean anything... but a horde mode? Thats from 1999, not 2016.

----------

Extremely disappointed in this. Will try to get a refund based on lies and misconception. Period. Is my opinions you have others. Fine. But I am disappointed.

3/4 of the way through Russian Consulate and the game bugs out. Couldnt do anything to get out but to log off.

15 min later and I still cant get back into the game due to getting a Mike Error.

I have reset my modem, console, etc and still no luck >.<

ch4fx_

Good morning agents. I'm stuck at the office this morning & just wanted to say I'm truly jealous of each & every one of you. Can't wait to join you guys this afternoon, good luck.

Nice work on OT3 VE3TRO, thanks for getting it up this early!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ugh I put off helping a fresh 30 through dark zone now we can't play together unless I get rid of my gear??

Top Bottom