• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

Giving Pyro a boosted jump also changes the dynamic for a bunch of old maps. In Gravelpit, does the boost mean you can then jump into the spawn-hallways for A? What about Steel's E? How does this change the Detonator since Detonator Jumping has been made redundant?

You could already make those jumps with the Detonator, at least after the buff some indeterminate time in the past. I think you can maybe even make the jump onto E's capture point on Steel with the Scorch Shot.

Pyro jetpack looks Radical and I hope there's a large degree of air control for extra fun.

You could already make those jumps with the Detonator, at least after the buff some indeterminate time in the past. I think you can maybe even make the jump onto E's capture point on Steel with the Scorch Shot.

Pyro jetpack looks Radical and I hope there's a large degree of air control for extra fun.

90% of the time Detonator jumping wasn't worth it because it caused way too much self damage and took away your secondary slot which is the main source of all your damage unless you're staunchly committed to the M1 suicide style of pyro.

I really hope the Detonator gets a rework. The M2 to detonate on it was comically hard to pull off if you wanted to set things on fire thanks to the lack of depth perception and it was just as easy to set something on fire with the flare assuming you can aim (and if you can't, just use the scorch shot). I had always hoped they gave the explosion a smoke cloud effect like that one giant loose cannon demoknight in MvM to obscure sniper sightlines.

Blizzard

Banned
Today's update shows they've added something like the CSGO campaign mechanic that you can buy to get an icon and do whatever contracts you want at your own pace. They also let your friends help with your contracts so you don't stress about NO WAIT LET ME GET THE LAST HIT WITH MY FLARE.

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/campaign.php

I think I bought the last CSGO campaign and never finished it because I need to find a friend for multiplayer missions. :p

Well, if any of you need a co-op buddy, feel free to friend me on Steam. My username is [self-titled] and the avatar I have is the glowing red Engie, or as I like to call it “the Engie O-face.”

Bluth54

Today's update shows they've added something like the CSGO campaign mechanic that you can buy to get an icon and do whatever contracts you want at your own pace. They also let your friends help with your contracts so you don't stress about NO WAIT LET ME GET THE LAST HIT WITH MY FLARE.

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/campaign.php

I think I bought the last CSGO campaign and never finished it because I need to find a friend for multiplayer missions. :p

It sounds like a friend wont be required for campaigns, but just help you finish them faster.

voodooray

I pity the item servers on Thursday

jNDoZhC.gif

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I really suck with the Dragon's Fury. Also, a lot of the bonus objects on the contracts are really difficult with everyone playing pyro, lol

It's refreshing playing TF2 again, but some of my settings have been junked up. Is anyone having custom HUD issues? I only use a few slight tweaks these days instead of total HUD makeovers but I can't get damage numbers to change from their default red anymore.

Yeah I haven't gotten much of a chance to play it but it seems like the final point is very hard to take and the enemy has to go through two small chokepoints to take the point.
Yeah it's a complete meat grinder, and the ammo and health packs are such that you can just stick in a spot and cover both pretty easily. I was just playing the PLR map and it's reminiscent of Cactus Canyon, you have to get the cart up and smashed by the train. It's fun.

Bluth54

It's refreshing playing TF2 again, but some of my settings have been junked up. Is anyone having custom HUD issues? I only use a few slight tweaks these days instead of total HUD makeovers but I can't get damage numbers to change from their default red anymore.

Valve added some new things to the HUD in this update (an icon when you're slowed, the maximum possible amount of health you have after you take damage) so any custom HUDs are likely broken right now.

Yeah it's a complete meat grinder, and the ammo and health packs are such that you can just stick in a spot and cover both pretty easily. I was just playing the PLR map and it's reminiscent of Cactus Canyon, you have to get the cart up and smashed by the train. It's fun.

Yeah I first played Banana Bay a couple of months ago and new if Valve made it official people were going to love it and it would probably be nearly as popular as Hightower.

Wow, they made the game uglier...and they did something with some of the new weapons giving them less animation frames.

:(

Still having fun learning the new maps with all these frame drops.

Edit: Is anyone having trouble queuing right now? I have only the new maps checked off and it's not finding any games for me to connect.

Bluth54

Wow, they made the game uglier...and they did something with some of the new weapons giving them less animation frames.

:(

Still having fun learning the new maps with all these frame drops.

Edit: Is anyone having trouble queuing right now? I have only the new maps checked off and it's not finding any games for me to connect.

Yeah it took me a long time to get into a game this morning. The game is currently close to 100,000 concurrent players which is around 30k more than the average count so the servers are probably a lot more full than they normally are.

Either something's changed with how TF2 paths custom HUD content or it's just broken. Took the current scoreboard.res fresh from the vpk and did some test edits to it to see if it would show, but I still had the stock scoreboard in-game.

Plopped the edited scoreboard.res in /Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/newscore/resource/ui/scoreboard.res and nada.

Edit: This goes to show how long I've been out of TF2. I forgot that info.vdf now has to be edited to the new UI version in order for custom HUD files to work.

I used to play on the GAF Janky Ass Server way back in 2011, which is where I met some of you OGs, and which led to me joining these forums. I know it's been quite a while since I was a regular here in TF2-GAF, but I'll always remember it fondly.

Thank you everyone in TF2-GAF for all the fun times.

I used to play on the GAF Janky Ass Server way back in 2011, which is where I met some of you OGs, and which led to me joining these forums. I know it's been quite a while since I was a regular here in TF2-GAF, but I'll always remember it fondly.

Thank you everyone in TF2-GAF for all the fun times.

Yup, that's when I played, too... bye everyone

I remember coming into TF2 gaf as a lowly Brazilian getting screamed at by Kuro. During those days the jank was truly janky with every character slightly vibrating from the lag. I thought it would be around forever, so much so I got lazy adding people on steam. My lazy ass also kept me from signing up to GAF because what was the point when I already gamed with my pals on hightower everyday. After 1.8 years of waiting for approval they finally let me in this place...and now this happens.

Truly this is the darkest timeline. Fatcat is still a mere junior, Overwatch failed to reignite the TF2 community, and Trump won't give me Ivanka's Bnet so she can heal my Hanzo. If anyone who is not duckroll wants to keep in touch pm me your discords, tags, or what have you or look me up on Steam I go by the same name and avatar.

Sianos

in the end, the real jank was the friends we made along the way

wait no that isn't right!
lina-tsun.gif

you guys were all amazing and my rage against the barnblitz was only a product of my love
bts_lina.gif

Javaman

Are there any new big multiplayer games everyone's going for? Overwatch kind of fizzed out for me, not to mention the limited player count makes it hard to get a big group going.

Yeef

Are there any new big multiplayer games everyone's going for? Overwatch kind of fizzed out for me, not to mention the limited player count makes it hard to get a big group going.
Everyone's playing PUBG as far as I can tell. I don't think it lends itself well to community play though, since it's free-for-all

Sianos

i'm excited about quake champions, but that's small parties only and still in a pretty janky early access state

but the core gameplay is so, so good~

Blizzard

Banned
We should play Left 4 Dead 2.

Remember the time we played Left 4 Dead 2, and then Javaman got LEFT 4 DEAD at the very end and hated us all and swore never to play again?

OK, maybe we shouldn't play that.

Oreoleo

I won't be jettisoning myself from GAF just yet. Rather wait to see what the landscape looks like after ResetERA launches and people here get the suicide threads out of their systems and things settle down a bit.

To those walking off into the sunset: It has been a real pleasure. As far as online communities go, TF2-GAF has been unlike anything else I've ever been a part of. And I'll carry the fond memories of playing with you all for a lifetime.

I was up for Battlefront 2 but loot boxes and the poor reception of the beta has kinda put me off. Aside from Splatoon 2 and random co-op stuff here and there, there hasn't been much at all lately to catch my multiplayer eye.

Blizzard

Banned
Dang, it's been a long time for me.

Qm2DJ.png

Just a bit after TF2's release date actually. Although I never got banned, it's crazy to think how many hours I spent posting.

Top Bottom