• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo to keep making video games, Switch will get titles that help it sell

BooJoh

I want to see Animal Crossing on Switch ASAP, so much longevity there.

Smash seems likely, and maybe Mario Maker (though I imagine it would take some time to adapt the interface.)

I just hope they get VC plans announced and rolling out by E3 or soon after.

I mean, this goes without saying, right?

But I suppose that the droughts of the Wii U make people highly question Nintendo's ability to output high quality software steadily.

Droughts were down to the pitiful 3rd party support though. Nintendo itself is incredibly prolific for a publisher their size.

So yeah, I'm assuming this was just a response to someone asking a dumb question at the briefing.

Technically speaking, half the people in this forum.

The other half thought they were developing a 4K Mario game for PS4 Pro.

tebunker

Banned
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/857553533104672768

nNn4we1.png

Presumably this is referring to the next fiscal year. Pokemon Stars and some form of Smash Bros are the obvious picks, but we still don't know what Retro is working on and I'd say there's an outside chance of Animal Crossing.

Nintendo is now in the next fiscal year. So these comments should apply from April 1 2017 to March 31 2018.

Which makes a lot of sense. They really do need to over stuff the shelves with games. They cannot afford any huge gaps.

Mainly because there are already people who ignore things like Arms and splatoon and think Mario is the next Switch game worth buying. So they need to overfill in between July and November.

BooJoh

Mainly because there are already people who ignore things like Arms and splatoon and think Mario is the next Switch game worth buying. So they need to overfill in between July and November.

This is true. I likely wouldn't have bought the first Splatoon if the demo hadn't sold me, and I'm feeling the same way about Arms. They really need a demo of that one.

So StarTropics 3 confirmed?

But yeah this is fairly obvious to anyone paying attention. Eurogamer is too confident in Pokemon Stars for that to be a false rumor. And Reggie hinted quite heavily that they'll have announced a new Metroid title within the year.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Nintendo don't announce things way before release so this is actually exciting. If this is from another puplisher like Square then not too much.

Sorry Square Enix.

Pineapple

If I had to guess...

- Pokemon Stars
- Smash Bros 4 Remaster, or a Smash Bros compilation type game featuring all 4 games in 1080p/60 FPS, similar to the Master Chief Collection and Uncharted Collection.
- A new Animal Crossing, release in 2018
- New Metroid Prime
- Mario Maker Switch

LoneWolf-92

Neo Member
Guess its waaay to early to ask for another Zelda but I'm hoping to see a big Pokemon game made from the ground up with only the Switch in mind (not ports of the 3DS titles) and also a new Mario Kart announced for 2018. Metroid would be great too.

The Hermit

Well, this is pretty obvious. It would be funny if the quote was:

"We have no other games in development for the Switch, this is it. Bye."

I don't get the people excited about this either to be honest.

And I don't think they will launch Pokemon this year, because of Mario.

I am more interested in the Retro game and it's about fucking time

Raven77

I thought I remember hearing something about Eternal Darkness a while back. That the trademark was renewed by Nintendo or one of the developers let something slip about it possibly being in development.

Maybe i've just lost my mind and am imagining all of this...

llehuty

Animal Crossing makes too much sense, they need something to ride on the guaranteed success of Animal Crossing for smart phones.

Casanova

I'm really loving Zelda, and I'm looking forward to MK8 and Splatoon 2 - but I feel like the Switch is lacking in "hardcore" titles. I would like to see a shooter or two, or a nice JRPG like Dark Souls.

I thought I remember hearing something about Eternal Darkness a while back. That the trademark was renewed by Nintendo or one of the developers let something slip about it possibly being in development.

Maybe i've just lost my mind and am imagining all of this...

This... can't be happening!!!

I think you're remembering them renewing the Trademark, which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Top Bottom