• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of Ouya dev console unboxing, complete with early controller

See a real (prototype dev unit) Ouya here!

57ed8ec07d66ab8c8e99173142d3deeef75346e8.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
A fan to crank performance of these games?! lol

Seems cool. I'll grab one after first round go out and I hear some impressions. I wish it well - but I don't expect much.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
...this is kinda awesome.

Are those 360 controller ? :lol

20cent

Banned
Any related game development so far? Or did they just release a gaming platform without anything expecting Doom/Hexen hello world ports and Angry Birds native support?

Honest question here.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh thank goodness they got the colors on the buttons right, the colors on their mock-up from before were bothersome.

ffdgh

So soon? It's so tiny lol.

The test controller reminds me of a gameboy screen and a dreamcast controller.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I like the shape and design of that controller. Much better looking than the design used on the site.

vireland

It's times like these that I miss Gamefan most. I want a long, rambling review raving about the vivid colors of the games...

With it's F2P model I'm not expecting much else.

It's not really a "F2P" model - the rule is, all downloads must be free. You can then use in-app purchases any way you want, including (what my game is going to do) having the game be a demo, where you pay a one-time fee to unlock the entire game.

How powerful can it really be if it's that small?

Consensus (based on specs) is it's about the power of an OG XBox, but a LOT more RAM for much larger textures, and better shader support. Specifically, take the fastest Tegra 3 (like in the Asus Transformer TF700) and overclock it, add 1GB RAM and support for 720p and 1080p - there ya go, you got an Ouya.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
It's not really a "F2P" model - the rule is, all downloads must be free. You can then use in-app purchases any way you want, including (what my game is going to do) having the game be a demo, where you pay a one-time fee to unlock the entire game.

Yeah I hope that's what most people do. I hate the traditional "F2P" model, but I do really appreciate demos/trials.

Aaron

How powerful can it really be if it's that small?
Take out the screen and the battery, and an ipad4 would fit into that box. Add in you don't have to worry as much about heat and power consumption, and you can get some decent power in that tiny size.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's above the dpad, where it belongs.

I'm really hoping Sony updates their next controller to the modern standard.

What modern standard? There are 3 different controller configurations from the big 3

Rubius

Well this console will be cool to play Android exclusives. And its so small that it will be pretty cool to see.

Top Bottom