• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone "4" available Tuesday (gamestop)

despire

I don't think it's a mistake. In one of the Killzone: Shadowfall trailers, the text is "VSA" instead of "ISA."

I'm assuming the ISA is no more. It's probably something like "Vektan Strategic Alliance" now, due to the Helghast and Vektans living together.

Dude, lol :D

Hopefully this (and Knack and DS4) are available when my sister is in Florida starting next week.

Ixion

I don't think it's a mistake. In one of the Killzone: Shadowfall trailers, the text is "VSA" instead of "ISA."

I'm assuming the ISA is no more. It's probably something like "Vektan Strategic Alliance" now, due to the Helghast and Vektans living together.

VSA is correct. But the sentence is missing an "and" between the two factions.

Midas

Tempted to order, but the shipping cost to Europe is crazy high and only one option available. Hopefully it will be released "officially" soon so I can order elsewhere. :)

ckohler

I'm only missing one thing. Bring on Next-Gen!

TnDHPf5.jpg

ClearData

I just got a call from my local Gamestop that Killzone SF had just arrived and they were clear to begin sales.

I asked if the 48 hour hold rule started today or not until the official launch date of November 15. He said that was a good question and he would check with his manager. He did mention that they were expecting regular shipments so if I wanted to hold off until closer to release day that wouldn't be a problem.

I already picked up my Dualshock 4 and PS Camera but I am mulling over the Killzone purchase. However, after seeing the first wave of cross gen tittles, especially Battlefield falling in the good to great category I'm kind of hungry for a title built from the ground up for next generation hardware.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just realized by November 15th at midnight, I'll have everything BUT the actual console. Killzone shipping now, Knack has already been spotted on shelves, BF4 comes out the 12th and NBA2K will probably be out early too.

Feels bad man.

GodofWine

Do you think Amazon will release KZ:SF early as well?

Toys r Us bumped my ship date up to Nov 8.

So Id expect early release from them. This has got to be helping with their shipping backlog and even helping stores space their next gen release crowds a little...at least speed up pickups on the 15th.

Marvel

could never
Damn man my hype levels could explode at any moment and there are still two more weeks to go. Posting that is dangerous!

You got two weeks to wait? by the time the 29th rolls around in the UK I'll be a drooling quivering mess in the corner of the room.

Wait is killing me. lol.

ClearData

You got two weeks to wait? by the time the 29th rolls around in the UK I'll be a drooling quivering mess in the corner of the room.

Wait is killing me. lol.

Hold strong brother.

Makes me wonder though. Couldn't Sony just break the street date? I mean, the accessories are out, the games are coming out, and the Day 1 update is already out on their servers. A few GAF insiders thought they might launch late October and these early releases are making me feel like they could have, but decided to give themselves a cushion to get the Network troubleshooted.

Imagine if they said " F it. November 5 U.S. and 15th Europe." I wouldn't give a damn about multiplayer being a hot mess for a few days after getting my box. Sales would blow up.

Felsparrow

Neo Member
*sigh* Local co-op (or versus) isn't quite dead, but it is now relegated to indies in PS4, and the Wii U.

Strangely, it was the 3D gaming fad that forced some devs to implement the tech needed for split screen again, which is why KZ3 had local co-op.

Marvel

could never
Hold strong brother.

Makes me wonder though. Couldn't Sony just break the street date? I mean, the accessories are out, the games are coming out, and the Day 1 update is already out on their servers. A few GAF insiders thought they might launch late October and these early releases are making me feel like they could have, but decided to give themselves a cushion to get the Network troubleshooted.

Imagine if they said " F it. November 5 U.S. and 15th Europe." I wouldn't give a damn about multiplayer being a hot mess for a few days after getting my box. Sales would blow up.

Nah my friend, PSN for the PS4 is not up and running fully yet, Sony still working on it. If they did decide to release for October it could have been a disaster like Microsofts reported OS troubles. Rushing it out is best for no one.

It's frustrating but I'd rather wait and have a more stable machine. Even then we're not guaranteed everything will work smoothly on launch.

ClearData

Nah my friend, PSN for the PS4 is not up and running fully yet, Sony still working on it. If they did decide to release for October it could have been a disaster like Microsofts reported OS troubles. Rushing it out is best for no one.

It's frustrating but I'd rather wait and have a more stable machine. Even then we're not guaranteed everything will work smoothly on launch.

Whelp, I guess it's cold showers and booze as I watch 20 countdown timers tick off on my wall.

Nightz

For those that picked it up, did your stores have a lot of copies? Wondering if I can just come and and pick one up without a reservation.

codhand

yes, and they said expect others early as well, including Knack on the 2nd of the month.

OP should have title Mod'ed to reflect everything being sold at retail currently.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
I'm curious if Amazon will ship them out as well.... I do not have prime so I paid the 2day shipping cost which was around $10 to get Killzone and Ghosts release date delivery. If they did ship, I'd have to call them up and see if they will reimburse the shipping charge because I'd much rather take the free super saver 5-8 days since it's still over two weeks till launch.

redhood56

Banned
I pre ordered killzone, and the store availability page says that my store has it in stock, so am I good to go? And does the 48 rules apply here too? I didn't get a call from gamestop like I usually do.

Oozer3993

Same exact height as the PS3 cases:

4iCpGnv.png

Nothing inside except the disc and the 7 day PS+ trial:

ghNwADG.png

There aren't any instructions, but the back of the cover has controls:

MA7Q1XY.png

Verendus

Banned
It's been a tragic few months. All we really had to go off was the fact that there is a shiny (or not so shiny) black box. There were no games, just lights and plugs and cables. And a camera that no one will ever use. But that's okay now. We've gone through the dark tunnel of having nothing and come out the other side. The next generation has started now.

PS4, finally, has a game. :)

Thank you Guerilla. You have single handedly saved a PS4. You should be proud.

Nobody loves you Knack. Even though you were there first. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom