• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This meetup will be a success if at least one of you get a tag.

I think it would be strange to meet some of you. But I can't see us having a debate about some of the shit OT normally discusses without someone getting stabbed, LMAO.

How did the last meetup go? Anyone end up in a headlock?

Yes, Evilore choked out PXG. Probably led to the humping later.

Last time was good times, hope I can make it again.

Jhoan

Williamsburg is pretty laid back with IDing. In fact I dont think I was ever carded there.

If a few of us want to start early, we can always go to McClaren Park during the day and drink. Turkey's Nest is a bar across the street from the park and they pour cheap beer in huge styrofoam cups so you can drink outdoors. There's also Berry Park which has rooftop seating. Case in point, I'd like to take full advantage of the beautiful weather we're having.

That sounds interesting. If you manage to make it, I better expect to see you wearing a pimp hat!

Also Mully, you should make a guest list of people that are either confirming to go or maybes to get a head count. It's a shame that Big E won't be joining us, but he'll be there in spirit. I'm sure that a certain dry humper is going to show up since a couple of people will be going to the Nero concert. Presumably, they will be joining us.

I wouldn't miss a GAF meet up for the world (unless it were extremely far like say Long Island or deep in Queens), so I'll be making my presence yet again. I might not get as drunk as last time's antics so I might tone down the amount of drinks I consume. Especially since it's in pricey ass Williamsburg (which I've never been too; it should be good). And Jon effin Bones is going to die for our sins yet again, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm planning on joining a fraternity (by tomorrow) so that might affect future GAF meet ups for me; we'll see. But I still wouldn't a miss a GAF meet up over a frat party. Now that the weather is getting warmer and spring is officially here, we could plan more outdoorsy type meet ups.

My crystal ball says yet again:
KDinK.gif

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I may throw my hat into this ring. It's on my birthday after all and my sister lives right there in Greenpoint and is always telling me to come out with her and her friends.

Jhoan

Bring her friends.
Agreed. The more the merrier as the saying goes Gaffer or not. Tell your sister that you're meeting up with a secret fraternity called NeoGAF NeoGAF Believe. We'll make sure your birthday is one to remember. The last meet up was admittedly a bit of a sausage fest but it was still awesome because it was GAF bros so that made it special.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Bring her friends.

We shall see, I have an interview Thursday the 29th, so depending on how that goes I may be in a celebratory mood or looking to drown my sorrows. Women in tow is not guaranteed, I don't know any of my sisters friends.

jasonng

That sounds interesting. If you manage to make it, I better expect to see you wearing a pimp hat!

Haha. One of the things I love about Williamsburg is that warm weather bring out the beautiful girls in droves.

Found out my prior plans are going to be at Hotel Chantelle in the Lower East Side so I'm definitely going to be pregaming early and getting shit faced with you guys. I'll miss out on the nightly events though.

Mahonay

Banned
Haha. One of the things I love about Williamsburg is that warm weather bring out the beautiful girls in droves.

Found out my prior plans are going to be at Hotel Chantelle in the Lower East Side so I'm definitely going to be pregaming early and getting shit faced with you guys. I'll miss out on the nightly events though.
OH, WELL THEN. Enjoy your fancy drinks with your pinky raised up.

Yes, a lot of incredibly gorgeous girls in Williamsburg. Friendly ones, too. Although luckily much of NYC is like that.

jasonng

You kidding me? I don't want to blow my cash on 12 dollar drinks. I'm drinking with you fucks so I can nurse my cocktail there.

Pre warning!

I have a pretty thick Scottish accent, which can tends to become a lot thicker after a few drinks so I apologize in advance if you can't understand it haha.

Chicks dig it though :)

Jhoan

You traitor! *shakes fist* Just kidding. You gotta do what you gotta do, so at least you get to please both parties. I've never seen the so called "fine women of Williamsburg" in their neighborhood. I better expect to see hot chicks like fabled Brazilian women of Astoria. They better like Hispanic dudes!

I'm definitely with you on the $12 drinks; that's gonna hurt, so I'm going frugal on this outing. Especially if it's $12 for a cup of beer which would not be cool. At least the LES has drinks on the cheap.
Pre warning!

I have a pretty thick Scottish accent, which can tends to become a lot thicker after a few drinks so I apologize in advance if you can't understand it haha.

Is it Craig Fergusson/Sean Connery thick or is it thicker than that? I swear, in my life living here, I've never met a Scottish person before. Although IIRC, an Aussie was with us on the last outing so that was cool.

Mahonay

Banned
You kidding me? I don't want to blow my cash on 12 dollar drinks. I'm drinking with you fucks so I can nurse my cocktail there.
Haha, smart man!
Pre warning!

No worries. One of my good gaming buds is Scottish and has a strong accent as well. I've definitely understood it better over time.

Mahonay

Banned
You traitor! *shakes fist* Just kidding. You gotta do what you gotta do, so at least you get to please both parties. I've never seen the so called "fine women of Williamsburg." I better expect to see hot chicks like fabled Brazilian women of Astoria. I'm definitely with you on the $12 drinks; that's gonna hurt, so I'm going frugal on this outing. Especially if it's $12 for a cup of beer which would not be cool. At least the LES has drinks on the cheap..
Williamsburg is definitely not like Astoria when it comes to ladies. Astoria is way more "Euro" you could say.

Also I haven't been anywhere in the city where a beer costs $12, haha. At most a beer will be 8 bucks. More likely $6 (which seems to be the norm in the here). I would be surprised if it was super pricey actually as much as Williamsburg has that reputation. It's when you want something besides beer when things get pricey...

Jhoan

Williamsburg is definitely not like Astoria when it comes to ladies. Astoria is way more "Euro" you could say.

Also I haven't been anywhere in the city where a beer costs $12, haha. At most a beer will be 8 bucks. More likely $6 (which seems to be the norm in the here). I would be surprised if it was super pricey actually as much as Williamsburg has that reputation. It's when you want something besides beer when things get pricey...

I know it's mainly a Greek neighborhood with Brazilians living there as well. I'm intrigued by Astoria as much as I am by Williamsburg. The first time I heard about Williamsburg was in a conversation with a chick at my alma mater about 3 years ago. I immediately thought about Colonial Williamsburg. As it started to become more popular, I realized it was a neighborhood in Brooklyn. It showed how much I barely come out of Manhattan.

If it's a mixed drink for $12, I wouldn't mind paying for that. I prefer mixed drinks over beers any day if it's decently priced. I'm not too worried about the beers being overpriced but if they charge more than $8 a pop for a beer, it better be something that's imported from Thailand or an obscure country that's on the other side of the world. Otherwise, I'll stick to drinking Corona with lime.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know it's mainly a Greek neighborhood with Brazilians living there as well. I'm intrigued by Astoria as much as I am by Williamsburg. The first time I heard about Williamsburg was in a conversation with a chick at my alma mater about 3 years ago. I immediately thought about Colonial Williamsburg. As it started to become more popular, I realized it was a neighborhood in Brooklyn. It showed how much I barely come out of Manhattan.

If it's a mixed drink for $12, I wouldn't mind paying for that. I prefer mixed drinks over beers any day if it's decently priced. I'm not too worried about the beers being overpriced but if they charge more than $8 a pop for a beer, it better be something that's imported from Thailand or an obscure country that's on the other side of the world. Otherwise, I'll stick to drinking Corona with lime.

I don't even drink beer... i'll be the loser ordering wine :)

Mahonay

Banned
Williamsburg is pretty much just hipster-ville. There are a ton of great bars are restaurants in the area though. Nice being at bars that actually play good music too.
That's my rule of thumb. If all of the decent beer is too steeply priced I'll sink down to shit like Miller Lite if I have to.
Nothing wrong with wine :) I personally can't stomach drinking a lot of it though. I usually end up feeling like shit.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

I only drink alcohol on very rare occasions, so I'll be drinking Shirely Temples and maybe have a shot if vodka if I start feeling randy. So I think I'll have you beat on the girly drink front.

sign me up! I have family down in South 2nd if I get cray!! missed the last one, had ti go upstate. Hopefully the weather is nice, I wanna see me some good looking women!

Jhoan

At least it's healthier than beer even though it means having to pay a little bit more. You'll fit right in with the crowd with your wine glass. :p

Personally, I like to drink wine from time to time, but it's way too strong for me especially the older, more thicker wine. I like the young wine though probably because it's fruitier. Then again, drinking wine is an acquired taste like sushi. I only like drinking in social occasions depending on the context and my mood. If there's a beer in the fridge, then I'll down it with some food. Otherwise, I'm not the type of person who buys a case of beer out the blue one day for the heck of it. There has to be a reason for me to buy it such as for a party.

The former is pretty easy to understand; it sounds kind of British. The latter is barely inaudible; it sounds like mumbling. It shouldn't be a problem understanding one another.

bob page

I'm 90% sure I'll be there, I love Radegast (15 min walk from my place).

The only thing I'm concerned about is finding a table for this many people- it's hard enough going to that place with a group of 5 since it's always packed.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm 90% sure I'll be there, I love Radegast (15 min walk from my place).

The only thing I'm concerned about is finding a table for this many people- it's hard enough going to that place with a group of 5 since it's always packed.
Well since some of us are starting early at a different bat maybe we can think about heading over there before 9 to try and secure a table.

noah111

Still Alive
If I were Evilore, i'd be terrified to go to this place. Might as well wear a giant sign "HUMP ME IF YOU WANT A TAG". Good luck lore!

Jhoan

Jipan: Which frat? I have a lot of friends that are LULs and Phi Iota Alphas (both hispanic frats).

Kappa Sigma. There's a classmate of mines who's Dominican who's in it. He introduced to several frat boys; a couple of white dudes, and one other Hispanic dude (who's gay, but that's not going to be a problem); I haven't met them all. It seems to be a mixed ethnicity crowd which is fine by me; I definitely want to know more white people. Tomorrow is the orientation so I'm gonna go check it out. Their philosophy is the whole "Four Pillars" thing.

While I'm a loner by choice (I know how to have fun on my own) I'm in need of some friends and an avenue to meet women before I graduate so I'm going for it. It helps that I'm already volunteering at a place as is, so that's going to make things easier.

EDIT: I don't think EviLore is gonna show up to this one; he was here by circumstance last time around. He said something about staying home (as in Texas) for a while. But then again it's EviLore; the man would easily be on a plane tonight and we wouldn't even know it.

bob page

Jipan, prepare to have your stereotypes about Williamsburg destroyed. Can't believe you've never been here.

Oh, and the drinks there are like $13 for a liter, $7 for 0.5L, $20 for 1.5L. Considering how high the % is, it's not bad at all. Certainly not any different than Manhattan.

Well since some of us are starting early at a different bat maybe we can think about heading over there before 9 to try and secure a table.
If it's 9 or past that, we should be fine. The place is usually most packed at around dinner time (since they make some pretty awesome, authentic German food. dem brats).

jasonng

Given how this forums has a distaste for hipsters (and a lack of definition for one), I'm not too terribly surprised.

Mahonay

Banned
Given how this forums has a distaste for hipsters (and a lack of definition for one), I'm not too terribly surprised.
Shit. Should I show up in disguise? I'll throw in a pair of Wranglers and a football jersey. Maybe some giant white sneakers to match.

Mully

Shit. Should I show up in disguise? I'll throw in a pair of Wranglers and a football jersey. Maybe some giant white sneakers to match.

Seriously, don't make fun of this getup. This was my middle school and high school attire, sans the football jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom