• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cheesiest dubbed anime openings

espher

May as well get these ones out of the way:
Canadian Dragon Ball Z Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEl9skiNc88

I legit didn't know there was a different one for the US for years.

Namely because I figured this had to be the US OP since it was "Dragonball Zee".

Oh, how could I forget the Monster Rancher one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msO7w0NRmpY

I watched like four episodes of this show in total, and I could still sing this OP today.

It was such an earworm.

No Freckles? This one's pitched down, but shows it playing in during the intro, while this is the actual song that plays. Wonder if the Japanese version of the song is just as random. The song sounds like some typical quirky, anime schoolgirl talking about her youthful life, fretting about things only teen anime girls fret about, in modern anime setting, WHILE the show is... DEFINITELY NOT THAT!

Slayven

Fucking Spider Riders man. It was weird to discover that the source material isn't actually Japanese at all.

Anime rap breakdowns are the most cheesy but this is a low-key banger.

Also I thought this show was lost to time and no one else remembered it. Lets all pour one out for the long forgotten block of 4Kids programming.

Sometimes i fell bad for remember so much obscure shit, like i have to look up how to divide fractions. But I know all the words to Bucky O'Hare's theme song

KraytarJ

Was about to post One Piece's rap, you did good OP

I barely ever watched that show when I was younger and I still have part of that song eternally stuck in my head.

Toad.T

Banned
I would love someone to update the One Piece rap to include Robin, Franky, and Brook
Easy.

~We got Nami and Zolo the samurai
Sanji, Chopper and Usopp who spies
Robin will charm while Franky hits hard
And watch for Brook the spooky bard.~

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Does it have to be Anime?

As the worst dubbed show i loved as a kid was 'Monkey Magic' such an awsome show back then 😁

Cedric

Top Bottom