• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Yup. The actual dub'll sound different though, since that was 3 years ago.

Only the first one is different. The one with Polnareff is from the actual dub, though since they kept the voices, I can see why someone would confuse them.

I hope Dio still has his British accent. I couldn't exactly tell whether Seitz was putting on an accent in the clip with DIO; it sounds like it could go either way.

cntr

Banned
Oh, really? Neat.

Yeah, I'm hoping Dio keeps his British accent in the dub. The British accents were usually pretty good in Season 1!

cntr

Banned
Some screenshots from the Rohan OVA: (out today!)

1JSTTZk.jpg
DomcwVf.jpg

MmduAwp.jpg
NcufnxG.jpg

606SwqA.jpg
H8dTC39.jpg
(david pro are something else)

cntr

Banned
Like the style, but do think they should've gone for a more subdued color scheme.

Maybe when Part 7 and 8 actually get their anime.

Krammy

God, I hate the end of Part 7 - Part 8 art style with a passion. It seems like Araki's finally started to change style again for the better, but I really can't get over how same-facey it was for the longest time.

God, I hate the end of Part 7 - Part 8 art style with a passion. It seems like Araki's finally started to change style again for the better, but I really can't get over how same-facey it was for the longest time.
Even worse than same face, Araki had a really bad VOGUE face syndrome during this period, where everybody looked expressionless all the time for the sake of looking like magazine models. I'm glad that, in the current artstyle, I can at least tell when people are relieved, angry, confused, trying to be an asshole, etc...

cntr

Banned
Araki's styles work for the parts they're in, but not ever for any other part.

Ever.

Josuke looks pretty good there tho

jett

D-Member
For comparison:

Old characters always look weird in the newer styles, lol. Koichi and Okuyasu ain't going to be much more than cameos, anyway.

Her blockhead face reminds me of this dude

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t0C3XsX.jpg[/IMG]

This is like when Araki redrew Josuke and Koichi to promote part 4

Doesn't look good for part 4, it probably works for part 7 onwards but not part 4.

This is an abomination.

I know David Pro is all about respecting the source material but I wish they would stick with their take on Part 4's style from here on out. I like how "their" Josuke looks more than the manga panels people post.

cntr

Banned
LMAO funniest joke I ever heard, Araki!
Huh? I don't get it.

I know David Pro is all about respecting the source material but I wish they would stick with their take on Part 4's style from here on out. I like how "their" Josuke looks more than the manga panels people post.
You're judging from random panels people post, of course it's going to look dumb. That's just silly, and also dumb!

It works fine within the actual manga, especially when you have time to get used to it. I remember people complaining when Part 4 was announced with its style changes, heh.

And I bet I'll get responses with even more complaints about Part 4's style even as I say that.

This is an abomination.

That was just a modern drawing Araki did to promote the Part 4 anime. Trust me, that is NOT how he looked at all in the actual Part 4 manga.
And the Swolsuke I posted above only lasted less than 30 chapters out of the 170+

Huh? I don't get it.

Josuke more-so ended out shrinking rather than growing

Seriously, it's not as though Araki's incapable of going back. Just look at how he drew Goku recently:

Looks Part-4-esque if you ask me

TheSun

(david pro are something else)

Oh hey, Part 8 style. Neat-o.

Though Koichi looks like those China dolls, I still think it's a nice preview of the later parts.

Bet it's gonna look a bit different when they actually get there actually.

Can't wait for this, Part 5 anime, and nothing else.

I have no idea what this is but i saw the live action movie and now i'm glad that i don't.
The anime and manga are both done a fuck ton better than the movie. Don't let that...thing tarnish a perfectly good anime and manga. It'd be like saying Berserk is shit solely because the 2016/2017 versions of the anime are fucking horrible.

Top Bottom