• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs would you pay 50 dollars to never hear again?

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Everything that's been on the radio ever, especially garbage like led zepplin and rush. Urgh, if I have to hear him whine one more time in kashmir.

A hardcore fan has probably heard that song 500 times. I've probably heard it 1000+ on the stupid radio station we have at work. Easily 3 times a day or more. It is seriously a form of psychological torture.

I keep on remembering songs I fuckin hate:

Drops of Jupiter- Train
Not particularly radio, though it DID get played to death, but it was used on just about every television show at the time the song came out, either for a significant, dramatic moment, a "significant" preview for a new "drama", a "praise" commercial talking about how audiences love said show or new dramatic/"human" episode of a series to premier next week. "People are talking about why ER is one of the best dramas on television... 'Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet'... tune in to see what everybody's talking about this season ... ER"

Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap
Wasn't even a fan of this one before the spamming and the memes. This song kills my ears and the fact it is linked to the kind of "teen dramas" I despise don't do it any favors.

Wamb0wneD

Everything that's been on the radio ever, especially garbage like led zepplin and rush. Urgh, if I have to hear him whine one more time in kashmir.

A hardcore fan has probably heard that song 500 times. I've probably heard it 1000+ on the stupid radio station we have at work. Easily 3 times a day or more. It is seriously a form of psychological torture.

Sounds more like that radio stations is garbage though.

Mozendo

As someone who works in a book store that uses Pandora's Current Hits playlist I would easily pay $500 to stop listening to Adele, Amy Winehouse, Twenty One Pilots, and Paramore.

I don't know what the song is called or who sings it but it goes like, "All I do is win, win, win." There's like two or three commercials right now that feature it and I'm so sick of it.

Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood". I feel distressed whenever I hear because it's so awful.

Same thing goes for Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime". I hate it.

I don't know what the song is called or who sings it but it goes like, "All I do is win, win, win." There's like two or three commercials right now that feature it and I'm so sick of it.

DEE JAY KHALED

I had to play that shit in marching band too, and as an arrangement it did not improve

CD'S BAR

Anyone know that 1-877-CarsForKids radio ad?

I have to immediately turn that shit off within the first 2 seconds of hearing it. I fucking hate it more than anything. I can't help but cringe.

So I would pay $50 to abolish that song from this planet, or at least shield myself from the torture of ever hearing it again.

Bakkus

Some of my favorite songs have been mentioned here. Can't believe all the Hotel California mentions.

Anyways I agree with 7 Years, Happy, Good Girl, Uptown Funk, Shape of You. Hearing any of those at a nightclub always puts a damper on the mood for me.

Everything from Katy Perry. Such bland radio pop, creatively bankrupt 'nothing music'. While I'm at it, everything from Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber too.

toniiiiiiight
We are young

This too, the worst part is that you're not even writing the lyrics correctly. It's not 'toniiiiiight' it's just 'toniiiiii'. The singer silenced the last 't'

LosDaddie

Banned
Your favorite song.

Seriously though, anything by the new age "rappers" like 21 Savage, Lil Yahcty, Lil Uzi Vert, XXXTentacion, etc.

Garbage. All of them.

Top Bottom