• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

LakeEarth

Downloaded this game because I was interested in finding a phone game with some meat to it. Never played a F2P game that asked me to spend $100 on it before I even started playing the game. That was a little offputting.

Game seems alright though, I'll give it a spin for now.

Pejo

So if I start a new account I get access to:

2 x Draco Deity Tickets
1 x Angel Deity Ticket
1 x Boden Deity Ticket
2 x Dragon Buster / Darl Soul Key Tickets
2 x Hero Tickets

Any advice on what to take?!

I was thinking at least 1 Draco as Blackaria and then an Epsilon Key.

Not sure about the others?

A lot of guides recommending 1 x Draco = Bloodwind, Angel = Llywelyn, Boden = Arrow Trigger and then make a Ouranos Key.

What about the spare Dragon Buster / Dark Soul Key? Go for a Rogue Hero with one ticket and get Stigma?

Most of the guides online don't take into account that most of the Dark Soul Key's are out now so I'm not sure if they are better or worst than the Buster's?!

Which type of player character are you making? You probably want one of your keys to be that class so you can do raids and guild content semi-effectively. Paladin Buster or at least Drunken Falcon is really good to help survivability during the story and leveling up with its group invincibility. If you're interested in any of the "transcended" characters, it makes sense to get a buster in that upgrade line to bypass a few weeks of grinding.

Downloaded this game because I was interested in finding a phone game with some meat to it. Never played a F2P game that asked me to spend $100 on it before I even started playing the game. That was a little offputting.

The game has been extremely F2P friendly for me, though you won't touch the higher %'s in rankings until you've grinded a huge amount due to starting a bit behind. The banners are a little annoying but easily skipped. As far as meat, the story mode is pretty long at this point, and there's tons of content, even if you only log on and do dailies.

The funny thing is that all premium stuff is so ridiculously priced there's no point buying it and you just go F2P way since game gives you hundreds of $ "worth" stuff monthly.

Ventara

So if I start a new account I get access to:

2 x Draco Deity Tickets
1 x Angel Deity Ticket
1 x Boden Deity Ticket
2 x Dragon Buster / Darl Soul Key Tickets
2 x Hero Tickets

Any advice on what to take?!

Personally, I would choose

Blackaria and Bloodwind/Deathcrown
Kymael
Falcon
Askr and Tiehr
2 Tiels so you can make Awakened Tiel and Helios

Tiehr and Askr should help you get through the chapter and Tiehr should be good for raiding. You should aim to make Howl to make Omega, and once you have Helios, you can make Giant Helios. Longer term goals should be making Farrah and Manalandy to make Ult Epsilon. It doesn't really matter if you choose Bloodwind or Deathcrown, as you're too far away from making their Transcended form. Deathcrown is probably the better choice for Hero Arena.

You can change things up a bit, but I think Blackaria, Falcon, Askr and the 2 Tiels are musts from what you need to pick.

I think I'd choose Iota instead of Askr - there won't be place for 3 paladin keys soon and Omega needs to be made for t.Falcon and t.Howl - Iota is usefull in itself and she also gives Margaret.

Ventara

If he's starting now though, he's far from replacing any of the paladin keys, and by the time Transcended Margaret releases, we'll be getting more free keys (in fact, it might have become a monthly reward by then; will have to check). T Marg IS prorbably the best first Transcended he should aim towards, so I do recommend getting Iota, but only closer to T Marg's release (I'd suggest using the free key that comes with T Lly release), since Iota is more of an endgame unit that will benefit him once he already has a solid world boss team. Meanwhile, Askr will help in all modes and is quite relevant for a good bit longer from now (longer than Iota), and is a component for Transcended Tiel.

I just finished maxing Transcended Bloodwind, and I'm wondering what I should aim towards next. For my keys, I have ULT Omega, ULT Tyr, ULT Sasha, ULT Ouranos, MAX Askr, MAX Tethys, +8 Helios, and +7 Shiva. For future Transcended, it's clearly the easiest for me to get T. Ravengale and T. Mikaela. For the other Transcended, I would basically have to make the busters and take them to ULT from scratch. Which would be better for WB, Ravengale or Mikaela? And do you think it's worth bringing up any other keys or just focusing everything on Transcended?

Limit

Ravengale is better for wb. Depending on how much Trans essences you are able to farm I would suggest making mikaela as well. Right now we are still in the phase where having any Trans unit out classes a whole team of keyed units. And they are resource intensive. So make Trans units that you are able to and take a gander at Boden Trans units. Some of them will last a long while in meta. Depending on what you like there go and make respective key units. Bear is good, howl is great, foxy and manalandy are strong af. Plenty of paths to go down on

Ventara

I just finished maxing Transcended Bloodwind, and I'm wondering what I should aim towards next. For my keys, I have ULT Omega, ULT Tyr, ULT Sasha, ULT Ouranos, MAX Askr, MAX Tethys, +8 Helios, and +7 Shiva. For future Transcended, it's clearly the easiest for me to get T. Ravengale and T. Mikaela. For the other Transcended, I would basically have to make the busters and take them to ULT from scratch. Which would be better for WB, Ravengale or Mikaela? And do you think it's worth bringing up any other keys or just focusing everything on Transcended?

T Ravengale is far better than T Mikaela in WB. Definitely go for TRG if you want a better WB unit, especially since her buffs don't need her to be at MAX to be effective. In terms of keys, you definitely need an Ult Iota for T Margaret, and I would also look to Ult Helios and Askr that you already have. An Ult Epsilon for T Blackaria and T Manalandy is also very worth it.

In terms of next step, after finishing off those 4 keys I mentioned and acquiring a base TRG and TBA (and later on a base T Mana and T Falcon, maybe T Howl if you want), you should start saving up for T Margaret. You might be able to max one more unit before TMarg, and if you choose to do so, TBA for overall survivability in all modes or TRG for a boost in WB (and some PVP to some extent) are both good choices. You can also opt to save it for T Howl.

This does mean you have to skip T Lly, which is a top tier DPS for WB, but I think the benefits of working on the above instead of T Lly is greater, especially when you already have TBW who will be the second best and certainly is no slouch.

T Ravengale is far better than T Mikaela in WB. Definitely go for TRG if you want a better WB unit, especially since her buffs don't need her to be at MAX to be effective. In terms of keys, you definitely need an Ult Iota for T Margaret, and I would also look to Ult Helios and Askr that you already have. An Ult Epsilon for T Blackaria and T Manalandy is also very worth it.

In terms of next step, after finishing off those 4 keys I mentioned and acquiring a base TRG and TBA (and later on a base T Mana and T Falcon, maybe T Howl if you want), you should start saving up for T Margaret. You might be able to max one more unit before TMarg, and if you choose to do so, TBA for overall survivability in all modes or TRG for a boost in WB (and some PVP to some extent) are both good choices. You can also opt to save it for T Howl.

This does mean you have to skip T Lly, which is a top tier DPS for WB, but I think the benefits of working on the above instead of T Lly is greater, especially when you already have TBW who will be the second best and certainly is no slouch.

Thanks for the advice! So the plan is make a base T. Ravengale, ULT Askr and Helios, then look to make and ULT Epsilon? And I guess I'll use this month's deity select on Margaret or Tracy.

Pejo

Man, tag is a shit-tier event. I like the idea of it, but my god, either you get insta-gibbed or the fight takes 20 minutes. It doesn't help that I don't have even a single titan, and they seem to be masters at the event, particularly the Rogue and the Paladin.

Limit

Man, tag is a shit-tier event. I like the idea of it, but my god, either you get insta-gibbed or the fight takes 20 minutes. It doesn't help that I don't have even a single titan, and they seem to be masters at the event, particularly the Rogue and the Paladin.

What are you running that it's taking 20 minutes in a tag match? Buster tag is certainly out of balance with GS and DC running the gamut but hero tag is a lot of fun. I only have helios as a titan and don't even use her there. It's great to see all different makeups of teams/skills there.

Ventara

What are you running that it's taking 20 minutes in a tag match? Buster tag is certainly out of balance with GS and DC running the gamut but hero tag is a lot of fun. I only have helios as a titan and don't even use her there. It's great to see all different makeups of teams/skills there.

+1 I'm using Howl, A. Tiel, A. Fulson, Hellhawk and Atlas. Howl is particularly nice since his death skill works pretty well here, and you can swap him out once he uses it to have it recharge. A. Fulson and Hellhawk can be pretty deadly when they vanish, and A. Tiel is just really well-rounded in terms of attack and defense.

sigh...
i like the game, I REALLY do..
but the requirements are getting out of hand..
doing the t-draco was a slog..
making a draco (or any trascended) costs 50m + 50 trascended essence (which is a LOT)..
then..
+1 to +3 --> 5 m per levels (like.. okay????), 20 trascended essence per level (lfmao......)
+4 to +6 --> 10m per levels (ahyayayayayayay...) and then 40 trasnced essence per level (you smoking??)
and thennn!!!
+7 to +9 --> 20m per levels (not sure if serious....) and then 60 (ahahahaahahhahahahaha ) trascended essence per level

don't get me wrong, db developers are quite generous, but if you want players to spend money, give better incentives, don't just make everything absurdly out of league for f2p//minnow//dolphin..
to max a draco you WILL spend 155m and 410 trascended essence.
leaving aside the abusrd gold requirement...
410 t essence means 410 PER TYPE (aka 1230 essence......), or a whopping ~115 "sharded" sss char..
whoever felt this was anyway doable?

I'll leave my tbw base, it's totally undoable upgrading him to max... completely out of league...
already the amount of essence for a single buster is high, but you make do... the amount of stuff required for a trascended is not even funny...

technically I can craft t ravengale (have both her to ult, and sasha to ult), but the thought of those 50 trascended is like.. "yeah let's not"...

Inbachi

Neo Member
It's definitely a slog, especially if you're new or returning after a break. If it makes you feel any better, they drastically reduced the cost in the latest Korean patch. Of course, there will be something newer to grind for and that change is a long way out for global.

Just focus on a few Transcended that you really want. If you are casual about grinding but have your eye on lots of T units, you're never going to feel like you're making progress. Right now I have Blackaria and GS. I only plan to make Llywelyn and maybe one other Angel. I'm probably only going to make 2 Bodens when they release as well. It's a pretty manageable goal to have 2 max T units between each....type?

If you want 3 to 4 of every kind though, yeah it's going to take forever.

It's definitely a slog, especially if you're new or returning after a break. If it makes you feel any better, they drastically reduced the cost in the latest Korean patch. Of course, there will be something newer to grind for and that change is a long way out for global.

Just focus on a few Transcended that you really want. If you are casual about grinding but have your eye on lots of T units, you're never going to feel like you're making progress. Right now I have Blackaria and GS. I only plan to make Llywelyn and maybe one other Angel. I'm probably only going to make 2 Bodens when they release as well. It's a pretty manageable goal to have 2 max T units between each....type?

If you want 3 to 4 of every kind though, yeah it's going to take forever.
even two max..
the amount of farm required is mindnumbing...

Inbachi

Neo Member
It is a lot, no doubt about it, but it's doable. I have Max GS and my BA is at +7. I'm only able to grind for about 3 hours during the week but I grind all day on the weekends. Two max (almost) Transcended in a little over 2 weeks. A lot of that depends on essence drop RNG, of course. Try not to think about the math of it, just hit that auto button. :D

It is a lot, no doubt about it, but it's doable. I have Max GS and my BA is at +7. I'm only able to grind for about 3 hours during the week but I grind all day on the weekends. Two max (almost) Transcended in a little over 2 weeks. A lot of that depends on essence drop RNG, of course. Try not to think about the math of it, just hit that auto button. :D
So much pain...
Btw inbachi your on eu or us?
I've resumed db like 1 month ago after 1 year hiatus and I'm looking for someone to carry me in Minos..
Managed to get fully 99 ch3 I ragna gear, but for Minos I get paired with ppl that are not even fully enhanced with their buster....

Actually they noticed problem of requirements getting out of hand and from what I'm reading ch5 will reduce prices and requirements

Only 1 deity to create Key

Total cost of ulting key from 550 essences to 108 Trans essences (so 324 normal ones)
Ulting trans from 760 to 590 essences

Plus normal essences are gone and someone on reddit mentioned they exchanged them 1:1 at ch5 release

http://dbaddiction.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Slayteam/Season_5_Update_Details

Inbachi

Neo Member
So much pain...
Btw inbachi your on eu or us?
I've resumed db like 1 month ago after 1 year hiatus and I'm looking for someone to carry me in Minos..
Managed to get fully 99 ch3 I ragna gear, but for Minos I get paired with ppl that are not even fully enhanced with their buster....

Yeah it will definitely be tougher to catch up after that long of a break. I'd skip a wave or something, max/ult your units that you have now and save up to max a unit later. Say, skip Angels and get a Boden or something.

I'm on US. Feel free to send me a friend request if you are too. Same alias as here.

Limit

The only way I'm able to sort of keep up with trans releases is 24/7 shoe farming. My tablet is my DB farming device these days. Even then I'm having to pick and shoes what modes I want to specialize in. Made kind of a bad call with maxing gaela. She isn't the TDC counter I was expecting her to be. So now I'm having to ult my pluto which I had avoided for the longest. He's by far the most useless key in the game.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Gaela is a counter for GS and incanters as she can dispel their summons. She's supposed to be good for RoB too.

I just use an emulator on an old laptop to farm now. Cuts down the abuse on my phone.

are rubies kept when playing on multiple devices or they get reset on device (and//or from ios to android) switch?
my main game device is my ipad, and i remember that i had no problem to play on ipad and iphone depending on the situation, but some games have quite some restriction..
i'm asking this, because i might go for chain farming and use my pc, which is anyway up and running 24/7 :X

Inbachi

Neo Member
As long as you login with your same credentials, everything will carry over. I farm over 4 devices sometimes; emulator on pc, my current android phone, my last android phone, and an ipad. Dragon Blaze is pretty nice/easy in that regard.

Pejo

Finally maxed out Pluto. Now just gotta farm a bunch of essences and I'll have Transcended Deathcrown. After him, I'm going for transcended Blackaria and then I'm done with Dracos.

are rubies kept when playing on multiple devices or they get reset on device (and//or from ios to android) switch?
my main game device is my ipad, and i remember that i had no problem to play on ipad and iphone depending on the situation, but some games have quite some restriction..
i'm asking this, because i might go for chain farming and use my pc, which is anyway up and running 24/7 :X

Yes - they are shared among all devices.

The only way I'm able to sort of keep up with trans releases is 24/7 shoe farming. My tablet is my DB farming device these days. Even then I'm having to pick and shoes what modes I want to specialize in. Made kind of a bad call with maxing gaela. She isn't the TDC counter I was expecting her to be. So now I'm having to ult my pluto which I had avoided for the longest. He's by far the most useless key in the game.

Gaela is going to kick ass in ch5 so it's not total waste.

Man Transcended are expensive. I actually had to buy gold to make Ravengale xD

Ehh this total waste - just farm shoes - or get 100 or so tickets and leave game on RoB for whole day (iirc I've got 7 milions in single day when i was in work.

Whizkid7

I'm glad I don't try to go too crazy with this game and just enjoy it as I go. Trying to farm like a madman would just burn me out, and the weekly ruby intake I hit these days is pretty self sustaining. That being said I can see Trans being a slog, though I'm only one more + from getting TBW. Him + TDC should keep me comfortable for a while as I work on ULTing the next key.

I'm thinking Omega next, though maybe Helios? The only other non-ULT is Shiva.

Limit

isn't gaela going to be a counter to summoner? or something like that?

One thing I'm sure Gaela isn't a counter to; TGS. GS insta kills her in 10 seconds. Doesn't need his copies to finish the job. Ravengale is fluff in tag. My TGS can handle her with ease. No need to bring gaela out. At least Gaela is useful in RoB. She cleans out most waves all by herself.

I don't do hardcore WB so can't tell if ravengale made a big difference on that front. But overall not impressed with either two.

My current plan is to completely skip Mikaela and Farrah and go straight for Fryd. His meta is short lived but I like mages so plan on making him. Then skipping lil wayne and going straight for storm bere. I should be done ulting my pluto by this weekend. Makes sense ulting a key is a week long affair. Maxing a trans takes 2.5 to 3 weeks.

Ravengale seems meh without her +max passive and she doesn't outperform Iota as buffer without it.

I actually changed my plan to make Mikaela - maxed DDC isn't cutting it anymore in tag and other pvp where DGS is killing me.

So right now in next 3 waves I'm going:

- Mikaela +max
- Kymael +0
- Lly +max

Ehh It will be brutal as I have 115 t.essences right now out of 870 needed but with (hopefully) 38 days left it might be doable - and we should be getting some anniversary events during that time as second anniversary of western DB is coming.

Ugh Nightmare got really sick this week in EU - on buster floor 4 and onward is 3-4 max trans so it's almost impossible to keep all my keys alive through them and advance.

But at least I finished RoB on auto :)

Full buff weekend on the other hand went really nice as I've made 96 t.essence and another 42 essence selects from Eligos.

Limit

That's some nice haul on essences front. Made only 50ish trans essences myself. And I don't know about ravengale not outperforming iota as a buffer. Mine is plus 4 and pushed my golem score to another 45+ billion when I placed her in instead of Iota.

Another thing I learned with WBs is use of omega. For the longest I wasn't using omega in WBs because CDR was the main source of damage and omega was just taking up space. Plus, bloodwind couldn't build up his stack with omega there. Turns out all you need to make omega useful again is not use falcon as keyholder. Put omega on Tiel and your scores should get plenty of boost.

It's mostly 4-3 area I don't know if this is because they don't drop SSS items but over the few thousands of shoes I've burned there I've noticed that

with 100% buff to premium items I'm usually getting >4 essences/100 shoes
with 50% buff it's >3 so far/100

also I started logging essences from other sources and we actually get quit a lot of them
- 4 each day for daily tasks plus some more from extra events sometimes (so 120+ monthly)
- expedition - since I started sending busters there I'm getting 6-7 chests and so far it was 50/50 hit (so around 15 monthly)
- attendance rewards is >20/month
- nightmare - back when I could clear all floors it was 10-20 essences each week now I'm down to 5-10 per week
- piggies - so far they seem to drop at least 1 essence ticket on average so assuming 1/day another 100+ essences/month

So it's well above 200 each month

Inbachi

Neo Member
One thing I'm sure Gaela isn't a counter to; TGS. GS insta kills her in 10 seconds. Doesn't need his copies to finish the job. Ravengale is fluff in tag. My TGS can handle her with ease. No need to bring gaela out. At least Gaela is useful in RoB. She cleans out most waves all by herself.

I don't do hardcore WB so can't tell if ravengale made a big difference on that front. But overall not impressed with either two.

My current plan is to completely skip Mikaela and Farrah and go straight for Fryd. His meta is short lived but I like mages so plan on making him. Then skipping lil wayne and going straight for storm bere. I should be done ulting my pluto by this weekend. Makes sense ulting a key is a week long affair. Maxing a trans takes 2.5 to 3 weeks.

I'm considering Fryd as well. I've always been more into PVP and it sounds like he dominates in a lot of modes, though briefly.

Nice, I'm all for more freebies.

Is this key Buster/Dark Soul only again, or can we get a Gigant this time? If it's Buster/DS I think I'm going to go for either Askir or Iota. Not sure which one...

It's very likely to be same buster/ds ticket we already had I'm not sure if they ever gave anything Titan related for free in Korea.

Iota gives Margaret and Belle Snow - both very solid choices but somewhat far away from now

Askr gives Kymael and Tiel - Kymael is releasing next month and can be usefull even at low level (most of her skills aren't stat based) but she is not so great long term, Tiel is great but comes so close to ch5 that she can be obtained with t.ally select ticket they give at ch5 release :)

vadernooooo.jpg

Only summer costumes in patch on 5/10:
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?410618-Notice-5-10-Patch-notes

Ventara

Nice, I'm all for more freebies.

Is this key Buster/Dark Soul only again, or can we get a Gigant this time? If it's Buster/DS I think I'm going to go for either Askir or Iota. Not sure which one...

Yeah, it just Buster/Dark Soul again. Both Askr and Iota are good, but Askr would probably help more right now. Transcended Margaret is a very good unit that you should definitely get and needs Iota, but I believe we will get another key select (again, just Buster/Dark Soul) at the release of 4-4, so you can get Iota then.

Iota gives Margaret and Belle Snow - both very solid choices but somewhat far away from now

T Belle Snow needs Sasha as a component. Iota is needed for T Margaret and T Paula Tracy.

Limit

I made a wrong call investing resources into ravengale. My thinking was that even at +4 she is an improvement over Ult Iota, which she is, but it's nowhere near enough to place me from 5% to 1% in WBs. Currently trying my best to keep myself from making even a bigger mistake of maxing ravengale now vs. keep eyes on the goal of making a max mikaela for pvp. It's too tempting to use up all the sss and t essences that are just sitting around in your inventory. Doing nothing.

I made a wrong call investing resources into ravengale. My thinking was that even at +4 she is an improvement over Ult Iota, which she is, but it's nowhere near enough to place me from 5% to 1% in WBs. Currently trying my best to keep myself from making even a bigger mistake of maxing ravengale now vs. keep eyes on the goal of making a max mikaela for pvp. It's too tempting to use up all the sss and t essences that are just sitting around in your inventory. Doing nothing.

Hmm I just went full on insane yesterday and made Ravengale+7 from scratch to be maxed soon ;)

I previously worked with assumption that content will be rushed a bit for global and each wave will be 2 weeks long but that's not a case so I recalculated things and decided I can't afford to stay months just waiting for t.allies I want. I'd prefer GS or BW but I don't even have their busters so the cost would be 50% higher.

I'll get Mikaela too but probably only +6 at start and max her few days later due to that.

I think maxing her might be not so bad investment - we are 2-3 months from Manalandy and Falcon release.
Probably half the server is going to make Lly so her max passive might be a difference between top ranks and 5% bracket.
She is ok in arena/nightmare so I plan to run her along Mikaela in those modes till Lly (and if she isn't better than next pvp oriented trans for me will be Howl)
She is not so bad in Tag - so it will be months before we get to the point of having 5 better t.allies for that mode.

Top Bottom