• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Trup1aya

I'm kinda pissed Extermination is going away so quickly.

Yet we have gametypes in action sac that have made the playlist unplayable...

Welfare

Playing BTB and I'll randomly go up in the air for a bit when I thrust. Only happened a few times but they were on flat surfaces.

Also got a few assassination's during my games so I'm glad to help all the more.

Fuchsdh

Longest commendation left is still the Marines, but it's only about 22 days unless we pick up the pace. Everything else should be done in the next two weeks if people play at their usual activity levels.

Haruko

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/big-team-bonanza

Now that we've talked about the addition of Assault and the new maps, let's dive into the specific map and mode combinations you'll be able to find in the playlist.

BIG TEAM ASSAULT
  • Echoes
  • Traffic Jam
  • Eagle Square
  • Viking
  • Deadlock
  • Fracture
  • Dispelled

BIG TEAM CTF
  • Echoes
  • Ancestor
  • Traffic Jam
  • Recurve
  • Eagle Square
  • Deadlock
  • Viking
  • Fracture
  • Dispelled

BIG TEAM SLAYER
  • Port Authority
  • Risen
  • Ancestor
  • Guillotine
  • Scavenger
  • Eagle Square
  • Altar
  • Dispelled

BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS
  • Risen
  • Scavenger
  • Recurve
  • Boulevard
  • Entombed

So is Basin removed now?

Haruko

Does this mean more objective than Slayer, because that's only going to cause that playlist's population to go down even more.

It's possible the Slayer combinations are in the playlist multiple times to weigh a little more; this list only provides the list of unique combos w/o telling us any weighting

Unstable

Apologies to the Company for my lack of activity as of late. I have a valid excuse though! I'm recovering from (minor-ish) surgery! :-}

Per request, I can and will provide any and all documentation detailing the procedure. Including the medical opinions of both my General Practitioner and lead Surgeon; detailing why any and all leave of duty, was necessary. All hand written testimony, with multiple witnesses, of course.

Hopefully, I shall remain un-kicked.

plsnokicktjgkthx

Haruko

No no no wait we needed that one for buckle ups.

Also, Basin isn't really a bad map? The better news is that I don't see Unearthed in that list.

I agree, Basin was pretty decent all things considered. Pretty much all of my bad experiences on it can be chalked up to team communication breakdown or Bad Randos.

I was just bringing it up because moose mentioned thinking it was still around.

Glad Unearthed is gone.

No no no wait we needed that one for buckle ups.

Also, Basin isn't really a bad map? The better news is that I don't see Unearthed in that list.
Basin gone I guess I get even though I didn't mind it.

But holy shit fuck Unearthed was pure map cancer.

I also don't see that other shit map on the list. Good fuckin riddance Estuary, you unbalanced banshee shit fest.

TCKaos

Going through and testing a bunch of the maps, so far I've got:

• Echoes looks like you can't get out of the map, but lol neutral banshee.
  • Risen is absolutely full of those spots you're clearly not supposed to reach but the Forger didn't realize that you have to be fully submerged in the kill zone for it to take effect.
  • Port Authority is totally blocked in, you're not going anywhere the Forger doesn't want you to go, so A+ to this guy.
  • Ancestor looks pretty air tight, so that's good, but it's also got a neutral banshee, so lol

belushy

Banned
I feel weird about Antifreeze. I didn't think it was a bad map at all but for some reason it always felt more like a stretched 4v4 map.

jem0208

I feel weird about Antifreeze. I didn't think it was a bad map at all but for some reason it always felt more like a stretched 4v4 map.
I always felt like that with Antifreeze. Felt way too small to be a BTB map.

I actually quite enjoyed it, was just a bit of a clusterfuck.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fired up brb for a few maps and I don't know how you guys can play this shit. This is easily the worst brb in the series history, I hate it

Top Bottom