• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's magazine news of zzzzzz (don't expect anything)

duckroll

Okay this really doesn't make any sense. Kimura directed Chulip at Punchline. Minaba is Design Nation. Kurashima is a freelancer. Who the **** is Townfactory? Anyone know? :p

ethelred

duckroll said:
Okay, for New Project O, there are some more details:

- Involved in the project from Townfactory is Kimura Shourou who worked on a few Lovedelic games like moon and LOL, and more recently a PS2 game called Tulip (?)

- Also involved is Hideo Minaba, the ex-S-E art director who's now working on ASH character designs with Mistwalker

- Another talent involved is Kazuyuki Kurashima, who is a graphic artist who did monster and art designs for Super Mario RPG and more recently animation for the Tingle RPG. He was also involved with moon and LOL.

It's unknown if Kenichi Nishi himself is involved with the project, but there seems to be quite a few ex-Lovedelic staff here...

Okay, I know this kinda stuff will excite virtually no one but me, but holy shit, this sounds awesome.

CING (Hotel Dusk!), Hideo Minaba (one of my favorite art directors after his work on FFIX and FFXII), and ex-Lovedelic folks (Moon is awesome, Chibi Robo is awesome)... it's like a huge convergence of so many different kinds of awesome.

duckroll said:
Miina Lunar Bunny PS2

- Based on the anime
- Developed by Idea Factory
- I stopped reading

Wait a second, is this the anime that was created for Densha Otoko? If so, fake anime inside a tv show > real anime >game >WTF IS THIS SHIT

Jonnyram

farnham said:
was there any platform announced for Project O..?

Sounds like DS..
Yeah, it's coming out for the Yamauchitron after they fire Iwata and reinstate Yamauchi.

Geez, duckroll did mention in the very first post about it :/

duckroll said:

- Involved in the project from Townfactory is Kimura Shourou who worked on a few Lovedelic games like moon and LOL, and more recently a PS2 game called Tulip (?)

- Also involved is Hideo Minaba, the ex-S-E art director who's now working on ASH character designs with Mistwalker

- Another talent involved is Kazuyuki Kurashima, who is a graphic artist who did monster and art designs for Super Mario RPG and more recently animation for the Tingle RPG. He was also involved with moon and LOL.

It's unknown if Kenichi Nishi himself is involved with the project, but there seems to be quite a few ex-Lovedelic staff here...
Oh wow. That's like the Japanese semi-indie gaming world coming together to kick Spore's ass. Can't wait.

And is that Char Aznable in Ouendan 2?

Bo130

farnham said:
was there any platform announced for Project O..?

Sounds like DS..

duckroll said:
Marvelous, CING and Townfactory are working on a new project together for the Wii it seems. Currently known as New Project O, it's slated for 2008. It's a new sort of genre, similar to World Neverland, Sim Earth, Sim People, etc.

farnham

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Yeah, it's coming out for the Yamauchitron after they fire Iwata and reinstate Yamauchi.

Geez, duckroll did mention in the very first post about it :/

:lol :lol :lol

okay i see its for wii

duckroll said:
Square Enix Party 2007

- Expect to see updated trailers from the FFXIII series line
- Do not expect to see an announcement of the new KH project
If I remember from what I read on Something Awful, the last Squaresoft party was the largest dog-orgy in Japan and they got blackmailed into giving Akitoshi Kawazu a job because of it.

Cant wait to see what they do this year.

:p

jesusraz

That Wii collaboration just made my day. Hope we get to know more details very soon...Makes you wonder what other talents are getting together for a Wii-fest :)

farnham

Banned
the blond dude looks like he could go against

tanaka hajime and konji ryuta and the likes

but Agent J, Agent Chieftain and Agent Spin are far more superior in terms of coolness

lancubap

duckroll said:

It seems really a Joint Venture Project..., or a Dream Team, if you want. Very interesting.

CING + Townfactory + Marvelous = ?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I wonder if Project O is Cing's mystery Wii game, or are they large enough to be working on two or more games at the same time?

Awesome...Ouendan 2 =P

I'm gonna wait for a while after its released...just to make sure the game doesn't have any kind of glitch that will need to have the game recalled.

LOL, that scan says "**** Jeux-France"...silly Japanese people lol.

~Scott

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OUUEEEEEEEENNNNDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need better scans and more info stat. Misleading title FTL! Someone change it.

solarplexus said:
Project O, Cing

Marvelous really loves the Wii. Harvest Moon + No More Heroes + This = Wow.

Captain N

I think it'd be awesome if in Ouendan 2 they had some kick arse multiplayer. Maybe have one person playing as the cheerleaders and the other playing as bad peeps. So one person is trying to raise their spirits and the other is dancing to crush them.

Bo130

Can't anyone get us the SPM/BBA scan without the red text :/? It's annoying. And does it say anything on when Project O will get revealed on that other scan?

img.php

:D :D :D :D :D

Ouendan 2, clean Crisis Core scans....pretty awesome :)

I hope we get those new trailers for FFXIII...although I guess SE will put up another big black room and won't let anyone do photos/videos :/

jj984jj

duckroll said:
When his Digital Mind Wave detects that he's having homoerotic thoughts of Cloud, yes, he can do Meteor Rain. ^_^
Do we know how the "homoerotic" 3-slot system works?

windfish

Defuser said:
Keep on dreaming

well i wouldn't be that sad if not cuz ff:CC is the only true reason i own a psp at the moment... but till then this dream will still live, right behind a Chrono Trigger remake for 360 and a PS3 for under 400 $

xcomp

LOL, looks like Ouendan's going to go down the two version route this time... A Nekketsu Red Version (Hot Blooded Red Version) and a Kouketsu Blue Version (Noble Blue Version). Ah, the choices.

jj984jj

xcomp said:
LOL, looks like Ouendan's going to go down the two version route this time... A Nekketsu Red Version (Hot Blooded Red Version) and a Kouketsu Blue Version (Noble Blue Version). Ah, the choices.
2? :O

Different songs in both right?

xcomp

jj984jj said:
2? :O

Different songs in both right?
Nah, think it's just someone's guess on 2ch. Would help if there was a better scan/photo of that page in the first post, though :D

jj984jj

xcomp said:
Nah, think it's just someone's guess on 2ch. Would help if there was a better scan/photo of that page in the first post, though :D
Oh. :lol

Jonnyram

xcomp said:
Where does it say that? It's not mentioned in Famitsu, at least.

Top Bottom