• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your milkshake duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I can't find where I saw it because it's lost in all the Internet outrage, but there's context here. Obama says, "Turns out I'm really good at killing people," quietly and regretfully, as it's something he didn't expect to happen. It's a reflective statement, not a bragging one. And for all the faults of this program, at least Obama signed off on each and every one, and acknowledges the blood on his hands.

My internal alarm bells started ringing the second I saw the link was from the Washington Times. In the DMV it's largely considered the local shitty right wing rag, and if you want actual reporting, you get the Post.

A-V-B

I've heard he uses inverted controls on Halo CE.

251611424c16558eefe4c716299a0d4d113c5b6d_00.gif

Earth

Banned
I'm confused as to why hbomb's apology is referred to as a "non-apology". He seemed pretty sincere and owned up to his shitty actions.

http://archive.is/tfn53

He didn't actually address the perpetrator at all - if you look past the tone, it also reads like an apology for his inconsistent politics rather than towards Klaus. He also DM'ed several people saying he STILL doesn't believe the accusations and that the Skype logs were doctored.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused as to why hbomb's apology is referred to as a "non-apology". He seemed pretty sincere and owned up to his shitty actions.
Yeah, I read it and it's far from being a "non-apology". Sometimes I do wonder what people expect.

Edit after that latest reply, I dunno, I'm disappointed it happened but I still think the apology is fine.

Oberon

Banned
http://archive.is/tfn53

He didn't actually address the perpetrator at all - if you look past the tone, it also reads like an apology for his inconsistent politics rather than towards Klaus. He also DM'ed several people saying he STILL doesn't believe the accusations and that the Skype logs were doctored.

Wow. That's a big one. There really are no more heroes left.

Beck. Loved his music growing up but lost all respect for him when I learned he was a Scientologist.

I always defend Beck because he was raised by scientologists, and as far as I know nobody has a single bad thing to say about him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm far from a fan of evilore, but the evidence on this one seems a little thin at the moment.

Also Amirox ain't a mod anymore. Nor was he anywhere close to mod at the time of the incident.

On a different note, I really like this website and would like to continue to use it, but what the fuck.

This stuff really soured me on gaf tbh :( Learning about the Amir0x stuff and now this today, uff.

I feel so disappointed.

Sapiens

Also Amirox ain't a mod anymore. Nor was he anywhere close to mod at the time of the incident.

On a different note, I really like this website and would like to continue to use it, but what the fuck.

Yeah, I joined GAF four years ago, and he hadn't been a mod for two years at the time.

The thing with Amirox that bugged me was that they claimed not to know him. Amirox was a big, big deal when I joined. They knew him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom