• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where does the Xbox One X fit?

Lort

Banned
It fits in spaces a playstation, xbox or gaming pc wont being its so small.

Its also super quiet unlike playstation or gaming pc.

I would imagine the x would play games better than your laptop especially if you have a 4k TV, unless you have an insanely expensive laptop. Also plays games better than switch or ps4.
Sounds like another Xbox has no games troll thread though so I'll leave it there.

1X is basically a gaming pc for people who don’t have one.

No, it's not a gaming pc but not for the power of the hardware but the line-up. If you have a real pc you can play masterpiece like Civ, a working Cities Skylines, Total War and all those games that give a Pc an identity, plus all the third parties games that came from the consoles ecosystem (and all the Xbox first party games).

Xbox One X is the best (beast) Xbox but not a pc (where you can play with Vr too).

OP, if you like playing with the Xbox, X is a good choice to live and play like a lion (a scorpio!) for at least two years but it's not a substitite to any other consoles or a good Pc.

Pasedo

So y'all know I'm legit and appreciate all the comments so far. I used to be on the Xbox train when it was at its prime. Loved it. Kinda of finding reasons to go back even though realistically I think I'm covered. If anything the great backwards compatibility does make it enticing and could fill that niche in my gaming ecosystem. I should check the other thread for an answer but how good is Xbox one x backwards compatibility vs say getting the game on PC. From the minimal and very rushed stuff I read it seems devs are putting more effort into the backwards compatibile titles. Is it then fair to say it's the best place to play older games from the 360 era? That reason could be enough to tip me over as there's so many I missed out on or even want to replay.

So y'all know I'm legit and appreciate all the comments so far. I used to be on the Xbox train when it was at its prime. Loved it. Kinda of finding reasons to go back even though realistically I think I'm covered. If anything the great backwards compatibility does make it enticing and could fill that niche in my gaming ecosystem. I should check the other thread for an answer but how good is Xbox one x backwards compatibility vs say getting the game on PC. From the minimal and very rushed stuff I read it seems devs are putting more effort into the backwards compatibile titles. Is it then fair to say it's the best place to play older games from the 360 era? That reason could be enough to tip me over as there's so many I missed out on or even want to replay.

If you want to play a lot of games from the 360 era, and in 4k, your Xbox One X is waiting for you at the closest shop :)

JaxBriggs

According to the majority of ps players they did.

Yeah true, but my point was the narrative among Xbox fans in 2013 was that visuals wasn't such a huge deal, it was the games that mattered.

Now the narrative has swung both ways. Let's not pretend it's one sided.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yeah true, but my point was the narrative among Xbox fans in 2013 was that visuals wasn't such a huge deal, it was the games that mattered.

Now the narrative has swung both ways. Let's not pretend it's one sided.

I know :) but imagine being the player of the underdog console, and keep hearing about bad graphics for years, it’s only natural they reply the same way. People calling One X a beast is a joke, remember when PS4 ran games in 1080p while Xbox One ran it 900p? PS4 players called PS4 a beast everywhere.

I mainly play Xbox One, and while I bought the One X it wasn’t really because of better graphics, but because of a more stable framerate which is more important for me. Sniper Elite 4 was pure garbage on the One, and even though it didn’t get a One C update it runs butter smooth on the One X.

llien

Yup that's impossible with a PC am I right! it's 2005 again woo!

Ignoring the fact that not all PC games support controllers, you either have a desktop + monitor setup, or you have TV + <something> + sofa several meters away.

If you go for the latter, <something> being a PC means lots of fiddling, higher price and issues to overcome, compared to "connect HDMI and insert your game disk" with consoles.

So, nope, thanks.

JaxBriggs

but imagine being the player of the underdog console, and keep hearing about bad graphics for years, it's only natural they reply the same way.

And before that, PS3 players always got to hear how shit their multiplats were and how the 360 was the superior console for all the big games, so by your reasoning I guess it was only natural they repaid the favour for the last 4 years..

You can try to rationalise it all you want to suit whatever agenda or preference, but it's sad no matter which way you view it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
And before that, PS3 players always got to hear how shit their multiplats were and how the 360 was the superior console for all the big games, so by your reasoning I guess it was only natural they repaid the favour for the last 4 years..

You can try to rationalise it all you want to suit whatever agenda or preference, but it's sad no matter which way you view it.

Sorry if I made this unclear, but I do agree that it is sad.

But were ps3 really worse than 360? I have heard that before, but I also heard that the ps3 were stronger than the 360, and in the end had better third party games.

MysteryM

For people who are too lazy or stupid to get a gaming PC.

smile009.gif

Dude your posts are getting more and silly by the minute. I've probably built 30 PCs over here last 20 years, have been using PCs since dos 3. I don't game on PCs since I prefer the Xbox eco system. Maybe you are too stupid to get that?

I've heard that player numbers drop off games significantly on pc, whereas I can get into a team slayer game on halo 5 within a minute or two. Plus knowing that everyone is on an equal footing hardware wise, that's what why I game on xbox live.

I was probably building pcs whilst you were supping milk whist at nursery so calm down.

No, it's not a gaming pc but not for the power of the hardware but the line-up. If you have a real pc you can play masterpiece like Civ, a working Cities Skylines, Total War and all those games that give a Pc an identity, plus all the third parties games that came from the consoles ecosystem (and all the Xbox first party games).

Xbox One X is the best (beast) Xbox but not a pc (where you can play with Vr too).

OP, if you like playing with the Xbox, X is a good choice to live and play like a lion (a scorpio!) for at least two years but it's not a substitite to any other consoles or a good Pc.

I read that in Michaels voice, and it was quite funny.

But let's get back to serious stuff. People buying an Xbox One X are the final piece of evidence we needed, to showcase the world how humanity has actually lost the control of their financial lives. They're willing to buy anything, even such pointless thing as the console mentioned above.

Lort

Banned
The xbox is the perfect fit for those that like playing ms exclusive games and the best version of multiplatform games.

Its also the perfect fit for those who just like seeing pc and playstation forum fanboys implode.

MilkyJoe

I would imagine the x would play games better than your laptop especially if you have a 4k TV, unless you have an insanely expensive laptop. Also plays games better than switch or ps4.
Sounds like another Xbox has no games troll thread though so I'll leave it there.

pretty much ha ha

Where does it fit? In the past with the rest of the 'already dated' jaguar netbook CPU consoles. Its like an overclocked Pentium 4 in a Core2Quad world waiting for PS5/XBOX4 is the prudent choice but if it has exclusive games you would like to play none of that matters.

The babies on this website lately.

RobRivers

People who want the best looking multiplatform games on a console and don't want or can't get into PC gaming.

Or just people who are invested into MS's ecosystem. It's not that hard to see, really.

This, at least for me.

I use a Macbook Pro for working, no need to a performance PC.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Where does it fit? In the past with the rest of the 'already dated' jaguar netbook CPU consoles. Its like an overclocked Pentium 4 in a Core2Quad world waiting for PS5/XBOX4 is the prudent choice but if it has exclusive games you would like to play none of that matters.

Senua

Hello again, prick.

You're a fine one to talk.

a8b9156dfadbf0cffa665c8d3fe641e3--university-challenge-rik-mayall.jpg

Ignoring the fact that not all PC games support controllers, you either have a desktop + monitor setup, or you have TV + <something> + sofa several meters away.

If you go for the latter, <something> being a PC means lots of fiddling, higher price and issues to overcome, compared to "connect HDMI and insert your game disk" with consoles.

So, nope, thanks.

Enjoy the objectively inferior experience.

Not all PCs.

No one gives a fuck about those low end peasants.

cHaOs667

Shameless thread hijacking incoming...

I use a Macbook Pro for working, no need to a performance PC.
That heavily depends on what you are doing.

I personally can't have enough cores and ram so I love to work on my Xeon system at home and hate my 2015 MBP Retina (i7, 16 GB) for its performance, keyboard... ...and the latest OSX instalment.

Seriously, I hate the last three OSX versions.

Lort

Banned
fit? how can something fit if it has no games

Lol in between the best versions of assasins creed star wars battlefront 2, wolf, battlefield etc etc .. EA access, the highest rated driving games of Fora and Forza Horizon, Gears of War all the 360 games .. sorry what was your point about?

Lol in between the best versions of assasins creed star wars battlefront 2, wolf, battlefield etc etc .. EA access, the highest rated driving games of Fora and Forza Horizon, Gears of War all the 360 games .. sorry what was your point about?

Sounds like a cool collaboration.

The best inferior versions. But it's okay, not everyone needs to be a sophisticated gamer, we need market segmentation. It's still a decent machine if you compare it to a Nintendo DS.

kb8998

Neo Member
I wanna see the receipts.gif

Microsoft will never release the numbers but we know what's really going on

they pay people llike Forbes to post articles about the "incredible sales" but yet they don't release numbers

they should just call it quits they're done for

Lort

Banned
Would all people playing star wars battlefront 2 in 4k 60 fps HDR please put your hands up... now keep your hands up if you have a pc...

Strange when delusion meets reality the forum warriors get their feelings hurt.

Lort

Banned
Now keep your hands up if your playing it at 144hz 4k HDR.... anyone ... anyone???

Lol you are not playing a better version than me.. most likely your not even playing the same quality as me. (4k 60 fps HDR)

Krisprolls

Banned
It doesn't play PC games, it doesn't play many console exclusives, it doesn't play the best version of multiplatform games, it doesn't play VR games, it's very expensive, but other than that, it's a really nice machine.

It's for people who don't have much time to play and only time to brag on dead websites like this one. Although it kinda fails at that too due to PC / PS4 being better at everything.

Still like the hardware. Kudos to MS for not giving up despite being constantly slaughtered in sales.

TLZ

Banned
I'd buy it for the better looking 360 and og Xbox games. Possibly next year with a nice price drop.

Lort

Banned
It doesn't play PC games, it doesn't play many console exclusives, it doesn't play the best version of multiplatform games, it doesn't play VR games, it's very expensive, but other than that, ...

It plays pc games that are on console .. such as PUBG but sure like ps4 it dosent play PC games that arent out for console.. isnt that a tautology? Lol

It plays some of the best console exclusives like i mentioned.

It does play the best versions of multiplats as i said.. out of interest what gpu does your pc have? And how much did that cost? And so your total pc cost is..?

And how much less is an xbox one x?

And thus your argument is invalidated.

Btw my girlfriend has a water cooled 1080 that cost 2.5 k .. i know more about this than you ... #justsaying

Ubername

Banned
For people who don't have a PC to game on. PC Gaming is not that big in the US afaik so. PC Gaming is a bigger deal in Germany and Sweden for example.

Yeah no one here that's under 25 say really knows anything about putting together a pc save for like 5% of the gaming population

Krisprolls

Banned
Another douche bag PC gamer all upset the X is a success.

It's a success only in your mongoloid head. Xbox is already dead outside of the US / UK and X1X didn't change anything.

If buying a Xbox means people have to play with retards like you, they'll certainly stay away.

Senua

Now keep your hands up if your playing it at 144hz 4k HDR.... anyone ... anyone???

Lol you are not playing a better version than me.. most likely your not even playing the same quality as me. (4k 60 fps HDR)
4k.... sometimes. 60fps...with dips.

Bry0

It really depends. I stay at one home on the weekends and an apartment during the week. (College situation) I have a 4k setup and Xbox one X for apartment gaming and the pc at home. Crossplay is really awesome with games like forza, and the performance and IQ improvements on the One X are great. It actually makes me not miss my gaming pc too much.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It doesn't really fit anywhere, that's the problem with the X1X.

If you want the best performance you've got a nice PC, and if you want the best exclusives, you've got the PS4 and the Switch.

The X1X is for people who don't want a PC and still want good (but not best) performance on multiplatform games but don't care about exclusives... They must be at least 5 people.

What a shit hole this place has become.

It's a success only in your mongoloid head. Xbox is already dead outside of the US / UK and X1X didn't change anything.

If buying a Xbox means people have to play with retards like you, they'll certainly stay away.

Do you have any idea how offensive this is?

Top Bottom