• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any fellow kids watching this new Netflix show "13 reasons why"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khansolo1

Oh, god, wow.
I was blown away, and think I might recommend this to my high school counselor.
Should I? Idk, maybe they might learn something?

Bookoo

Basically just binged the show today and it started out decent, but felt it moved way to slowly and felt like they had to have the character act in stupid ways to drag the story out.

I think it could have been better if they cut the episode count down.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I watched 10 episodes last night.

On the last few right now...

d2lcHJTG5Tscg.gif

giphy.gif

Heavy and too fucking real.

I've just finished episode three, why do some of the high school kids have tattoos? It doesn't help that some look about thirty years old either.

I've just finished episode three, why do some of the high school kids have tattoos? It doesn't help that some look about thirty years old either.

A friend of mine bought a tattoo gun and gave a few of us
bad
tattoo's when we were 14, so not that unbelievable.

It wasn't bad. Basically a 13 hour long PSA. Not a bad thing, and some very important issues touched on, but not quite what I was expecting when I watched the trailers.

Edit: also the age of the actors, especially the boys, was incredibly distracting.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well I've been weeping like a baby for the better last hour of the show.

I'm gonna take a shower and get cleaned up.

KlUieCi.png

Certinty

Good show.

Though some of the episodes were just meh with other kids doing stuff that was hardly bad.

Also thought the ending was incredibly disappointing.

Glad to see the last few episodes are wrecking you guys like I was when I read the book. I heard the ending was slightly different though, so when I get there I'll probably post what was changed.

I couldn't watch when
her parents find her.
The way her mom kept saying she was OK.
😯

So is
Alex dead? I'm gonna assume he's dead because most people don't live after they shoot themselves in the head.
i know the show left it ambiguous, but still.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I couldn't watch when
her parents find her.
The way her mom kept saying she was OK.
��

So is
Alex dead? I'm gonna assume he's dead because most people don't live after they shoot themselves in the head.
i know the show left it ambiguous, but still.

All we learn is that
Alex is in critical condition. Didnt really catch anything saying otherwise but after the series ended they talked about in the 30 minute "interview" how people can feel responsible for a suicide and end up committing one themselves, which is what Alex's role was.

Szeth

Depressing shows are my jam, I love getting emotionally invested and crying a bunch, so I knew I was gonna binge this after reading an early review last week. I was not prepared. No show or movie has ever made me uncomfortable to the point of wanting to look away or stop watching. Happened twice here.

E12&13
Probably obvious, but the scenes that did it were Hannah's rape and her suicide. They really fucked me up. The show made me care about her a lot, and learning how avoidable everything was made it even worse. The suicide scene had me sobbing uncontrollably, as I expected it would when I realized they were going there, but it was truly hard to watch in a way I've never experienced before, had to force myself to keep watching. And then her parents came in. Fuck.
Hit me as hard as Six Feet Under's ending, but in a different, more awful kind of way. Pretty impressive considering you know she kills herself before even watching the first episode.

It'd be nice it this blew up like Stranger Things did, don't see that happening though due to the subject matter. And even if it does, I hope it's a one and done. Didn't like them trying to set up stuff for a potential 2nd season.

What did Tyler
trade for that pistol? It didn't look like money.
And I didn't think the scene in his room was supposed to foreshadow another season, I just think it was supposed to make you unsettled.

"Here's the scary thing: it looks like nothing... It feels like a deep, always blank, endless nothing."

Tecnniqe

Banned
What did Tyler
trade for that pistol? It didn't look like money.
And I didn't think the scene in his room was supposed to foreshadow another season, I just think it was supposed to make you unsettled.

"Here's the scary thing: it looks like nothing... It feels like a deep, always blank, endless nothing."

Its just a
tape/mem card or something isnt it?

I needed to take a break during episode 12. I've watched a lot of tv so I'm used to violence. However I simply couldn't stomach some of the scenes in this episode.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
All we learn is that
Alex is in critical condition. Didnt really catch anything saying otherwise but after the series ended they talked about in the 30 minute "interview" how people can feel responsible for a suicide and end up committing one themselves, which is what Alex's role was.

Alex longed for punishment and to be tried and judged accordingly. Since his father got him out of that, this was his penance, his attempt to end his life for essentially starting the snowball effect of Hannah's life going to shit. It didn't go his way, so his quick escape may be more than what he bargained for.

driggonny

Banned
I haven't watched this, but I now feel the need to. A friend of mine recently told me that she's had a change of heart with how she treats people because of this show. I'm interested, but the recent posts make it sound super sad <.<

edgefusion

I binged the last 6 episodes and I'm absolutely destroyed. I've never watched a show where I've had to physically turn away from the screen because the scene is too heartbreaking to watch.

Bookoo

Are they making a new season? Feels like that would kinda defeat the entire purpose of it...

They might, it seems like people like it.

I am guessing school shootings will be the theme behind the next one. The first interaction with Tyler I had a feeling he was going to be the cliche school shooter. They held out that reveal until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom