• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"All Trump Voters Are Nazi Scum" (But Seriously Though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

So first thing's first: I didn't vote for you-know-who, but I also like to think I keep a purely neutral outlook on political arguments. I have enough things in my life to make me miserable as it is, and instead like to adopt a "call's it like I see's it" approach to politics (and as I currently sees it, he's not exactly off to a great start).

But even though I didn't vote for Trump, I do know people who did, many of them being my close friends and family. Last time I checked, none of them were closet Nazis. My grandmother is in her mid 80's, and has been every bit the model kind-hearted granny you tend to see in storybooks and movies.

But if social media was to be believed, I should be posting a video where I denounce her as a piece of shit Nazi who should burn in hell like the scum she was. I'm seeing a constant generalization of Trump voters and supporters that pit them as pure evil and beyond redemption.

And before you say "Well of course they don't LITERALLY mean EVERY person who was pro-Trump", but I've seen more than enough comments where people double-down and insist "No, we REALLY do mean EVERY one of them. Without exception." And I'm not just talking about hardcore unhinged people...I'm seeing this sentiment stem from people who I previously thought were educated and level-headed (not to mention not the type to crave violence).

Unless I'm missing a silent joke shared with the people who spout this, I find this sentiment both disturbing and childish. I also can't possibly be the only who notices the irony of labeling an entire subset of people under one stereotype (while also yearning for their literal demise).

Like I said, I call's it like I see's it. There are absolutely abhorrent, racist people out there, and the ones displayed for social media to ridicule do seem to fall under the category of Trump-lover.

But again, I'm pretty sure my family and friends aren't like that, grandma included. Did they make their choices out of ignorance? Probably. Did their choices help give us an unqualified leader who can potentially set our country back by decades? Sure looks that way. Are they evil scum who should be grouped together and thrown into their own metaphorical (and for some, literal) human-sized ovens?

That's...probably a bit much.

Saying 'all' is inappropiate, I agree. More accurate to just say 'most'

Also, it' s not like all Nazi party members in Germany were running the concentration camps. Most were simply content to stand back and watch things unfold. Your Trump voting relatives might not be "actively" racist and that might be enough to bring personal relief, but it's also unlikely they'd do the ethical thing if it ever came time to do so.

Jackpot

Banned
You support a racist candidate then you take ownership of all their racist policies, not just the ones you like.

I got family who voted trump. While I don't call them Nazi scum I will call them ignorant trash at best. I'll say the same for about any trump supporter.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I am sorry, are trump voters like your grandma have their feelings hurt because their support for a nazi is called out.

I don't really care. Try being Mexican or Muslim in America right now. Then you know what it really means to have their feelings hurt.

We shouldn't generalize but with a party that has promoted racism and exclusivity, it's easy to label them into the following:

1. Rich people who dislike taxes
2. Christian or Catholic
3. Diet Racists
4. Racists

Find me a republican who doesn't fit any of those four categories.

theWB27

I haven't seen many people say every one of them... but they are ok with it especially if they continue to support him.

He's done absolutely nothing to keep their support on anything he promised.

Slayven

Voting for trump at minimum means you are ok with racism, homophobia, misogyny and being willfully ignorant. They might be your friends and family, but lets call a spade a spade

Not every German was a nazi.
Not every NDSAP voter was a nazi.
Not every...

You are responsible for what you support and thereby what you bring into the world. I don't give a shit about your excuses. Ihre Schuld.

Veitsev

OK OP. They aren't Nazi scum they are just racist pieces of shit who either only care about themselves and/or want to see people they don't like get actively hurt. I am sure if you really talked to your sweet old grandmommy she would have some pretty heinous racist shit to say.

Ferr986

I mean, maybe they're not nazi or racist, but with your vote you allowed racism and sexism reach the presidential. And everyone knew what Trump stands for.

People need to learn that when you vote, you vote for everything the candidate stands for. You can't just vote and then ignore the bad stuff like it's not your problem just so you can look good. Voting is a very serious thing and sometimes you need to look more than just for yourself.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
If you vote Trump you are implicitly accepting the racism, misogyny, and hateful rhetoric that comes with him.
source.gif

Moosichu

Did their choices help give us an unqualified leader who can potentially set our country back by decades?

That one sentence there though, the bolded, think about what it means.

Nearly 3,959 black men, women, and children were lynched in the twelve Southern states between 1877 and 1950. A few decades ago, within your Grandma's lifetime.

When Trump says "Make America Great Again", this is what is being referred to as "Great America":

WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF THE LYNCHING OF JESSE WASHINGTON.

Washington initially fought back, biting one man, but was soon beaten.[26] A chain was placed around his neck and he was dragged toward city hall by a growing mob; on the way downtown, he was stripped, stabbed, and repeatedly beaten with blunt objects. By the time he arrived at city hall, a group had prepared wood for a bonfire next to a tree in front of the building.[24] Washington, semiconscious and covered in blood, was doused with oil, hung from the tree by a chain, and then lowered to the ground.[27] Members of the crowd cut off his fingers, toes, and genitals.[24] The fire was lit and Washington was repeatedly raised and lowered into the flames until he burned to death. German scholar Manfred Berg posits that the executioners attempted to keep him alive to increase his suffering.[28] Washington attempted to climb the chain, but was unable to, owing to his lack of fingers.[29] The fire was extinguished after two hours, allowing bystanders to collect souvenirs from the site of the lynching, including Washington's bones and links of the chain.[24] One attendee kept part of Washington's genitalia;[30] a group of children snapped the teeth out of Washington's head to sell as souvenirs. By the time that the fire was extinguished, parts of Washington's arms and legs had been burned off and his torso and head were charred. His body was removed from the tree and dragged behind a horse throughout the town. Washington's remains were transported to Robinson, where they were publicly displayed until a constable obtained the body late in the day and buried it.[24]

And the aftermath:

Many parents approved of their children's attendance, hoping that the lynching would reinforce a belief in white supremacy.[41] Some Texans saw participation in a lynching as a rite of passage for young men.[42]

I mean, what else it there to say? Yes, it may be ignorance as to why they voted for Trump, but that ignorance is so so so so dangerous.

The past 8 years under Obama's term (I'd even argue Bush Jr somewhat) had us treating conservatives like adults, the ideal scenario if you will. However with Trump's election this throws it all out the window and shows us that if the other side won't act like adults and somehow end up controlling the entirety of the federal government then why the fuck should we keep continuing treating them like adults?

So yes all Trump voters are trash. You may not like it as it concerns personal friends and relatives of your's but I'm fine with calling them ignorant trash since their vote is affecting not only my life as a minority but plenty of my own personal relationships as well.

SOLDIER

I am sorry, are trump voters like your grandma have their feelings hurt because their support for a nazi is called out.

I don't really care. Try being Mexican or Muslim in America right now. Then you know what it really means to have their feelings hurt.

We're hispanic.

As far as my family is concerned I would say the worst thing they're guilty of is "didn't do the research."

It's kind of hard to teach an 80 year old to read between the lines, as it were.

Jenov

Many are simply morons.

Yep. This ^^^

Edit: And this: "Are they evil scum who should be grouped together and thrown into their own metaphorical (and for some, literal) human-sized ovens? "

Is in bad taste, OP. Liberals are not the ones advocating for throwing people into ovens... go look at the Nazis (all of whom voted for Trump) for that one.

Oersted

Voting for someone who hires open Nazis doesn't make you one. But it surely makes you look like you don't care enough to stop them.

We're hispanic.

As far as my family is concerned I would say the worst thing they're guilty of is "didn't do the research."

It's kind of hard to teach an 80 year old to read between the lines, as it were.

Yeah, the racism is very subtle and between the lines.

Nepenthe

I don't think every Trump voter is a Nazi. Nazism, or specifically Neo-Nazism, is a very specific ideology with some obvious tells and signs. Not that it isn't demonstrably on the rise right now- scarily enough- but I personally wouldn't classify the entire Trump base as consciously neo-Nazi.

However.

I would say that every single Trump voter was either okay or agreed with the racism Trump was spouting, or they did not find the racism to be a deal-breaker in terms of credentials, as if even considering that kind of person is at all acceptable. Both viewpoints have resulted in an equivalent outlook, and thus I do consider every single vote for Trump to have been a moral failure, or at least another reiteration in a long line of reiterations that even "nice" people like your family and friends are ultimately okay with the decisive targeting and subjugation of minorities so long as they're getting something out of it, because ultimately that is the shit this country is founded on.

So no, every Trump voter isn't a Nazi. But regardless of that, I still don't respect them because they clearly don't respect me.

Your grandmother is nice to and around you because you're her grandchild. However, Trump openly made fun of women, eagerly talked about taking part in sexual assault, labeled Mexico as a den of rapists and murderers, hired an anti-gay bigot, was open about not paying workers, cheating on taxes, and just in general has denied science, truth and fact. Trump was a known quantity and people can be or act nice on the surface and hold backwards views internally for multiple groups of people. Is your grandma a nazi? No. But I don't think she's as empathetic to people as you might like to believe. As a black pansexual person, don't expect me to apologize for this line of thinking. Voting has consequences and voters need to accept the reality of their choices. Your grandma voted in a way that makes me actually fear for my well being in the US for qualities I cannot change about myself.

We're hispanic.

Too bad. Voting for the person in charge of so many facets of American lives and the world stage is a big deal and maybe she should have taken it more seriously.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You support a racist candidate then you take ownership of all their racist policies, not just the ones you like.

Did supporting Obama mean you implicitly supported every single one of his viewpoints and actions?

Plenty of liberals didn't like what Obama did with drones, for example, but they voted for him anyway because he was much better than the opposition on most other issues.

Not every Trump voter is racist, or even okay with racism. You guys have got to get this through your heads or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

I know plenty of rich people who are not at all racist, hate what Trump says and does on immigration and racial issues, but made the decision to vote for him because they wanted to kill the estate tax, or other economic issues. And they didn't believe Trump would follow through on what he said he was going to.

That makes them idiots, yes, but they aren't all racist.

M.Bluth

People who voted for Trump can be as nice as they want. Being "nice" however you choose to define that, counts for shit when you consider what a Trump voter has endorsed by supporting the Orange Turd.

You may like to think of them as people simply ignorant enough to believe that Trump will actually improve their lives and therefore they deserve nothing more than pity for being so gullible. But Trump's promised policies weren't predicated on just helping white working class people, were they? He actively promoted a message of hate and racism, and your family and friends, if they don't wholly support those racist and hateful policies, they at least tacitly approve or don't consider them deal breakers.

I don't know about you, but I don't consider that "nice."

Veitsev

We're hispanic.

LOL

Your family are hispanics that voted for a bigot that wants to deport people like them, throw them in jail, split them from their families, and build a wall to keep them out and your primary concern is people calling them bad names on the internet. Tells me a lot really.

Sorry if that offends you I just like to call it as I see it.

Did supporting Obama mean you implicitly supported every single one of his viewpoints and actions?

Plenty of liberals didn't like what Obama did with drones, for example, but they voted for him anyway because he was much better than the opposition on most other issues.

Not every Trump voter is racist, or even okay with racism. You guys have got to get this through your heads or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

I know a decent amount of rich people who are not at all racist, hate what Trump says and does on immigration and racial issues, but made the decision to vote for him because they wanted to kill the estate tax, or other economic issues. And they didn't believe Trump would follow through on what he said he was going to.

I always forget that Obama's slogan in 2012 was, 'I'm going to drone bomb the fuck out of the middle east.'

Toxi

Banned
When people vote for Donald Trump, those people aren't the best. They're not like you. They're not like you. They're people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Better?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
We're hispanic.

"Latinos for trump" was a thing. And as far as I care, they were racist, nazi supporting scum.

I know a decent amount of rich people who are not at all racist, hate what Trump says and does on immigration and racial issues, but made the decision to vote for him because they wanted to kill the estate tax, or other economic issues. And they didn't believe Trump would follow through on what he said he was going to.

Except Obama didn't campaign that he would drone the fuck of other countries, hence the criticism is warranted.

Trump explicitly campaigned on racism, sexism, anti-science, and bigotry.

Why is calling someone a nazi worse then trying to kick out "the other" and voting for someone who promises to keep your area white. Seriously these people want horrific things, your grandmother voted for horrific things, a label is nothing compared to what she's actually supporting. The Muslim people wish the worst they were getting were a label right now.

Veitsev

Why is calling someone a nazi worse then trying to kick out "the other" and voting for someone who promises to keep your area white. Seriously these people want horrific things, your grandmother voted for horrific things, a label is nothing compared to what she's actually supporting. The Muslim people wish the worst they were getting were a label right now.

Because they are the "good ones" and Trump isn't racist he just wants to kick out the "bad ones".

We're hispanic.

Read between what lines? What part of 'I want to ban all Muslims,' and 'Mexico is sending rapists and drug dealers' is there to read between lol

stephen08

We shouldn't generalize but with a party that has promoted racism and exclusivity, it's easy to label them into the following:

1. Rich people who dislike taxes
2. Christian or Catholic
3. Diet Racists
4. Racists

Find me a republican who doesn't fit any of those four categories.

Mm it's missing idiots and 'both sides are the same anyways' people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom