• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins |OT| A Far Cry From Historical Fact

pitchfork

Pre-loaded the Deluxe edition on Xbox. Game looks absolutely stunning and i'll be waiting for my X to arrive before starting it, but damn i'm tempted to fire it up!

Hexer06

I told myself I would just play a little bit until the X came out. I don't think I'm gonna be able to, lol. Game is really fun so far. Deep sea diving is pretty cool and I'm glad they give you a good amount of "oxygen" to breathe underwater. Can't wait to jump back into this!

Theorry

I told myself I would just play a little bit until the X came out. I don't think I'm gonna be able to, lol. Game is really fun so far. Deep sea diving is pretty cool and I'm glad they give you a good amount of "oxygen" to breathe underwater. Can't wait to jump back into this!

Yeah i have the same. I just said to myself "now you can compare them when X releases"
I am weak haha. To be fair i am not doing alot. Just going arround Siwa abit messing arround.

pitchfork

Yeah, I feel i'll go the same way if I start!

I am gonna start Wolfenstein 2 over the weekend though, so that'll keep my itchy paws busy

Anoxida

Is the game good?

Yes, best playing Ass Creed game so far. Don't know if it's my fav because of characters and story though (not bad but not great either). It's a step in the right direction for the series but if you don't like the formula then this game won't change your mind.

Walk into the OT like

RingedDrearyGypsymoth-small.gif

Fab

MAX PAYMENT

Yes, best playing Ass Creed game so far. Don't know if it's my fav because of characters and story though (not bad but not great either). It's a step in the right direction for the series but if you don't like the formula then this game won't change your mind.
I think everything after black flag was trash.

SJRB

Gold Member
Kinda amazed/surprised/disappointed at how janky this game is.

AI is terrible. Not only during stealth/combat, but also random pathfinding and stuff. One of the first things you do is ride to your village. The dude accompanying me ran over at least 6 people and ploughed straight through a charriot because it was in the path.

Story is a mess as well. It starts with a flashback, then "a year later" cutscene, then another flashback and then you play. I'm not even sure if I'm playing the flashback or if this is for real. Something bad apparantly happened but the game hasn't shown me yet, making it impossible for me to relate with the main character, who is clearly struggling with something.

Also the 5-second load after everytime you use Senu and go even a little out of the direct area above Bayek is KILLING me.

Composer

AI is terrible. Not only during stealth/combat, but also random pathfinding and stuff. One of the first things you do is ride to your village. The dude accompanying me ran over at least 6 people and ploughed straight through a charriot because it was in the path.

Story is a mess as well. It starts with a flashback, then "a year later" cutscene, then another flashback and then you play. Something bad apparantly happened but the game hasn't shown me yet, making it impossible for me to relate with the main character, who is clearly struggling with something.

Also the 5-second load after everytime you use Senu and go even a little out of the direct area above Bayek is KILLING me.

Agreed on all counts there. Ismail and his team (same ones who did AC Black Flag) are atrocious at story. Black Flag's story and story direction are a joke really. That team really likes putting the players in control of the character quickly, but often its so quick and poorly put together, it makes no sense. And then he tries to fill the story in later, but by that point, no one cares. And what ever sense of story they do put together is awful.

norm9

How's it play on regaular xbox? Might pop into a gamestop at lunch and see their stock. I would grab the pc copy, but the download size is too big for me.

gossi

How's it play on regaular xbox? Might pop into a gamestop at lunch and see their stock. I would grab the pc copy, but the download size is too big for me.

This is covered lots of times. It looks fantastic, but performance is a bit wobbly. If you got on okay with Unity, you will be okay here.

Theorry

Performance is oke for the most part. Just cutscene and some big towns. It isnt btw Unity at all. And i played that at launch also. That one was just constant in the low 20's.

Tall Paul

Looks and sounds great, Defo holding out for the X..well I have to as I’ve sold my S, but AC was the first game I played on my OG XB1 so will be fitting that this version is the first on the X, have passed on AC since black flag so looking forward to diving in!

norm9

This is covered lots of times. It looks fantastic, but performance is a bit wobbly. If you got on okay with Unity, you will be okay here.

My bad. I thought Unity worked fine enough due to the amount of npcs bumbling around. Ended up reserving Origins on redbox. Will give it a weekend rental before committing to purchasing it.

Story is a mess as well. It starts with a flashback, then "a year later" cutscene, then another flashback and then you play. I'm not even sure if I'm playing the flashback or if this is for real. Something bad apparantly happened but the game hasn't shown me yet, making it impossible for me to relate with the main character, who is clearly struggling with something.

Agreed on all counts there. Ismail and his team (same ones who did AC Black Flag) are atrocious at story. Black Flag's story and story direction are a joke really. That team really likes putting the players in control of the character quickly, but often its so quick and poorly put together, it makes no sense. And then he tries to fill the story in later, but by that point, no one cares. And what ever sense of story they do put together is awful.

No.....it's just you 2.

Im not too far in the game but this is one of the Best ACs yet..breath of fresh air in all directions. Egypt looks goddamn stunning on the Pro..but on the 7th, it will be fkn Bananas on the X.

Theorry

I agree that the start is abit confusing. But it explains itself when you go abit further (be glad its not AC3 :p)
Bayek seems great also. I like him.

Picked up the X1 version at lunch. Got to play the first 15 minutes and it seems promising. The gameplay already seems far superior to previous titles. The 2 year break definitely seems to have helped.

Theorry

So at what point will you get the hidden blade and can you wear the hood?

You can always wear the hood. Go to gear and outfit and press Y (on xbox )
With RT+Y can you add and remove beards also and with LT+Y you can add hair.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So at what point will you get the hidden blade and can you wear the hood?

You obtain the hidden blade when you get to
Alexandria
as a part of the main storyline. Prior to that you can still use takedowns, they just won't be lethal (but the game will count them as kills if for example you'll attack a fort).

Drewfonse

No.....it's just you 2.

Im not too far in the game but this is one of the Best ACs yet..breath of fresh air in all directions. Egypt looks goddamn stunning on the Pro..but on the 7th, it will be fkn Bananas on the X.

I agree. I'm really enjoying it. The story gets drip fed to you, and they certainly didn't do themselves any favors with the dull opening hour, but I'm intrigued to see where they take this.

Loving it after the first hour. The loot, revamped combat, and upgrade system make a huge difference. It makes you want to keep playing and finding new locations. The bow combat is really fun. The sidequests are actually engaging. I'm over leveled at 7 for my next story mission, which is a suggested 5, and that rarely happens in RPGs for me. Looks really nice on the Pro, too.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
You guys dismantle blue gear? Or just use whats highest level?

Depends how you play. If you explore a lot you'll obtain a lot of resources for crafting. If you don't then it's a good idea to dismantle cheap weapons that wouldn't sell for a good profit.

Hexer06

You guys dismantle blue gear? Or just use whats highest level?

Does dismantling give you money? I couldn't tell when I tried with one of the weapons I had. If so, is it the same amount as selling to the shop?

Edit: looking at the post above, it gives you resources? I'll have to pay more attention next time I try to dismantle something. Lol

Drewfonse

Does dismantling give you money? I couldn't tell when I tried with one of the weapons I had. If so, is it the same amount as selling to the shop?

Edit: looking at the post above, it gives you resources? I'll have to pay more attention next time I try to dismantle something. Lol

It gives you resources. Don't forget to craft upgrades froom your Gear menu, guys, the game prompts you when you have enough of a type of resource to do so.

Hexer06

It gives you resources. Don't forget to craft upgrades froom your Gear menu, guys, the game prompts you when you have enough of a type of resource to do so.

Yeah so far I've only been able to craft the chest piece they make you do for the quest, and I think the bracer that improves ranged damage? The other resources, pretty much everything besides leather, seem hard to get. When looking with Senu, the wood and metals are "traveling" with guys on chariots. Am I supposed to be killing those guys and looting the chariots or what? I didn't really wanna just kill ppl in the middle of the city with ppl all around lol.

Drewfonse

Yeah so far I've only been able to craft the chest piece they make you do for the quest, and I think the bracer that improves ranged damage? The other resources, pretty much everything besides leather, seem hard to get. When looking with Senu, the wood and metals are "traveling" with guys on chariots. Am I supposed to be killing those guys and looting the chariots or what? I didn't really wanna just kill ppl in the middle of the city with ppl all around lol.

Yup

Rien

Jelly Belly
Might going to buy this game when i get my X on the 7th. Doubting between this or Wolfenstein 2.

Matty8787

I'm torn I ain't getting an X but I have a one S and a powerful PC... Only issue with PC is I can't resell it obviously but I can also just rent it on the xbox so eeeh I dunno what to do.

If I got it for the xbox the Mrs would be happy as she gets to watch, but then my PC can probs run this maxed out 1440p at 60 fps.

Choices.

trikster40

Just picked this up at lunch and played about 30 minutes.

So far, my impression is that they took Ghost Recon Wildlands and turned it into assassins creed. The map is straight up GR.

Not a fan of the UI or combat so far. I literally just finished Syndicate this week and I thought that combat was fantastic. This is very different, so will take some time to get used too.

Love the setting so far although I’m not sure what happened to Bayek. I’m assuming it will become clear why he has this vendetta.

I’m worried about the burnout. AC always tends to burn me out by the end and the size of this game is...insane.

Hooks

Loving the setting. Probably could have used another 6 months in development but I'm still having fun

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Love the setting so far although I'm not sure what happened to Bayek. I'm assuming it will become clear why he has this vendetta.

Just play a little bit more, a lot is explained in a flashback scene. From what I've already played the main story seems actually okay, can't say if it's like that till the end.

Commander Keen

Neo Member
Going to TRY and hold out until my X comes, but might have give it quick test drive so I can contrast the difference between the bone and the X.

Joffy

Neo Member
Big fan of the series, even finished unity, but the first hour of this has not grabbed me at all. The controls don't feel right yet and the ai animations can be really awkward. Hoping I take a shine to it a bit more once it opens up though.

Sanojio

Once you find out Bayeks vendetta, the reason WHY he is pissed the opening will make much more sense. I won’t spoil it.

Top Bottom