• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

I like how people are still penciling Cavs into the finals. What top 10 team in the league have they even beat lately ? Jazz? Even the biggest apologist has to be a little concerned.

I like how people are still penciling Cavs into the finals. What top 10 team in the league have they even beat lately ? Jazz? Even the biggest apologist has to be a little concerned.

The other eastern teams are really inconsistent. If they had to go through a team like the Spurs or even the Rockets it would be a different story.

Fjordson

Defense is still important. Since 2000, Miami in 2007 is the only team to win a title with a defense ranked outside the top 10. Even Cleveland last year managed to finish the season ranked 10th and most years the champion is in the top 5.

Cleveland this year is ranked 23rd and is 30th over the past month.

Not saying they for sure can't do it because I can never rule out Lebron, but I think repeating this year could be his toughest run since his original Cleveland days.

Tom Penny

They have some guy they has has gotten to 6 straight finals and also have one of the best guards and PF in the league. I mean why would they be favored.

Yeah but they have been the most inconsistent of the top eastern teams for almost 3 months now

They're the only team that has likely been coasting really hard. I don't think it's a sure thing they will reach the Finals like I did prior to the all star break, but they're still the favorites IMO. That doesn't mean I buy that they can just flip a switch mind you, that defense is too awful to not be a legit concern.

TTG

Well done aThreeza(is that what they call him, or is it just threeza?).

Is this the perfect match up for Klay? Such a positive on offense and defense against the Rockets. I love Livingston, but he comes in and it's like oh that's right, Klay Thompson is one of the best 2 guards in the nba.

Servbot24

Banned

Is this the perfect match up for Klay? Such a positive on offense and defense against the Rockets. I love Livingston, but he comes in and it's like oh that's right, Klay Thompson is one of the best 2 guards in the nba.

Tbh who's a better 2 than Klay? There's probably someone I'm forgetting doesn't play 1

Line_HTX

Fjordson's check keeps clearing, SMH

It's AThreeza, haha

WOW, Cuttino Mobley got that white beard, holy shit...

:(

Tommy DJ

Watching the Rockets brick so many 3s as a Rockets fan must be like watching Lamarcus Aldridge constantly brick long 2s as a Spurs fan. Just frustrating as hell.

Line_HTX

Lou Williams pulling a Harden on Barnes.

At least it's something.

Fucking 2/16 from 3, like come the fuck on.

And God, fuck that bitch Klay. He ain't shit.

TTG

Kerr fucked up Klay's rotation. Just mirror Harden, it's not rocket science just because you're playing the Rockets.

Fjordson

God I hate basketball. 20 point lead vanishing.

And it's depressing that people still fall for Harden's foul baiting.

Edit: lol @ that call. Yeah, not watching this shit.

Runs in Basketball should be seen as pretty common, especially when two of the best teams in basketball right now are going head to head. Stick with it, it's part of the game.

TTG

Calm down, it's gonna be a good game. Klay will be back on him in the 2nd half and hopefully stay out of foul trouble. It's fine.

edit: I always multitask during Rockets games. There's just no other way.

Line_HTX

Calm down, it's gonna be a good game. Klay will be back on him in the 2nd half and hopefully stay out of foul trouble. It's fine.

edit: I always multitask during Rockets games. There's just no other way.

Multitasking is a good idea, actually.

I don't think the Heat are going to be able to overcome the injury to Dion.

Shame too as the Pistons/Bull are garbage and are going to get swept by the Celtics/Cavs. At least the Heat would've made it an interesting series.

Top Bottom