• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Dubz

Screen tearing and frame drops for PS4 campaign. MP is smooth so far for me. Kinda disappointed, but I buy COD for MP, so I'm not crushed.

leng jai

Framerate doesn't seem too hot in the campaign on PS4, but I haven't installed the patch yet. The sound mix sounds a bit funny too.

This bout to be dopeee
ActualFeistyBettong.gif

As someone who is a lifelong halo player and liked CoD4, but didnt really like the MW's after, but enjoys halo 5's must faster pace. Convince me to buy or not buy this. go!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So thinking of buying this, havnt bought a cod since BO2. However right now i dont have internet and was wondering how much single player/ local co op there is for me and my gf untill we get internet back.

So much offline content its actually quite a revelation in this day and age, all the zombies, campaign stuff is co op as well, so you can have a great time

psychotron

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Shame about the PS4 framerate. Hopefully its just limited to campaign and gets patched asap.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying the campaign in this so far, having a blast. I also noticed that there's another mode, no biggy but I'll spoiler it anyway

In the main saferoom that's unlocked a bit into the campaign there's a 'combat immersion' simulator which is basically their wave based coop survival mode over 16 rounds against robots and humans. Only seems to be one map (computer simulation style map) though and I'm not sure if there's much more to it. You can choose your loadout etc as well before starting it up

That's a shame about the SP framerate. It really shouldn't be so shoddy with all the time they had to develop this thing. I can confirm I haven't noticed any drops in MP though.

There was just some kind of patch, which made my lobby not fill up at 3v4. It was actually the most fun I've had yet though. Small maps like Infection (awesome map!) seem to have a 4v4 sweet spot imo.

thefit

Sucks about the single player but lets be honest when it comes to COD, MP is were its at. Personally I got this for my son because I'm tired of him playin MW nonstop, he'll breeze through single player and not give a fuck about the drops then move one to play MP from here until he gets into something else. I stopped playing COD and am probably in the minority that never really got in BLOPS especially when they went sci-fi I didn't even bother finishing part 2's single player.

J_Viper

Very surprised to hear about framerate issues, COD developers usually have that on lock. I wonder if the Xbone version suffers the same issues.

O, where art thou, Digital Foundry?

antitrop

Sucks about the single player but lets be honest when it comes to COD, MP is were its at. Personally I got this for my son because I'm tired of him playin MW nonstop, he'll breeze through single player and not give a fuck about the drops then move one to play MP from here until he gets into something else. I stopped playing COD and am probably in the minority that never really got in BLOPS especially when they went sci-fi I didn't even bother finishing part 2's single player.

I couldn't finish the BLOPS 2 campaign, either. I'm just really desperate for a campaign FPS right now and I don't have an Xbox for Halo 5.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
campaign is 4-player also competitive with bots? went from 0 interest to hyped!! may have to buy.

What? No. Campaign is 2 player split screen, 4 player on line co op. Competitive bots, zombies and multiplayer online are all 4 player split screen 4 player online coop

Top Bottom