• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and the big thing, most likely much more fun gameplay. The biggest thing I hate about the Yukes games are they just aren't fun to play. Allstars was a much more fun game to play. What will happen to all the online servers for games tomorrow? Will they be shut down and unable to be accessed after tomorrow?

Nothing will happen to them. Microsoft runs the servers.

Yep, out of pretty much every company out, EA would probably do the best with the WWE license. I can't see any other company putting decent money into it. EA would make it have a very polished presentation, much better graphics, better online play, and probably better commentary and voice acting.

The WWE license isn't even on the table, as far as I understand. Clearlake, to my knowledge, isn't including that in their $60.5m offer (if they could even include it in the first place). I thought I read somewhere it was being negotiated already... For all we know, it could already be settled but not announced.

What about for PS3 titles?

The WWE license isn't even on the table, as far as I understand. Clearlake, to my knowledge, isn't including that in their $60.5m offer (if they could even include it in the first place). I thought I read somewhere it was being negotiated already... For all we know, it could already be settled but not announced.

Even if it's not on the table at this auction someone should come out soon and let us know who's getting the license. I don't think they would wait until e3 with this info since it's so far away, but I guess who knows?

Jamie OD

Even if it's not on the table at this auction someone should come out soon and let us know who's getting the license. I don't think they would wait until e3 with this info since it's so far away, but I guess who knows?

I think we'll definitely get an announcement about the WWE license before E3.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Big day! Crossing my fingers for EA to win some bids.

Edit:

I think the best option is having the bidders fail to beat Clearlake, keeping the company intact, and seeing how 2013 plays out. This isn't impossible, either.

This is actually my favorite option, I'd just be really surprised if it ended up happening.

Sponge

Banned
It's almost time...boy am I dreading to see who buys what. I just hope Saints Row and Darksiders are gonna be okay.

So which big developers will be at this auction?

EA, Activision, Warner Interactive, Ubi Soft, Bethesda, Microsoft, Sony.... Sega(haha)?

Man, Just listing some of those names sends chills down my spine... THQ, I never liked you in the beginning. But you were a company that grew on me over time.

HoosTrax

Well you left off 2K and Squeenix. Both of those fall into my "I'm OK with this" group. Who knows if they're bidding or not though.

Well you left off 2K and Squeenix. Both of those fall into my "I'm OK with this" group. Who knows if they're bidding or not though.

Oh I did, yeah I wouldn't mind T2 taking over some of these franchises. Squeenix has a pretty good hands off approach with their Western developers too, it seems. Warner Interactive is also not a bad company either.

Busty

Banned
I have a feeling that there won't be much 'drama' around this auction. No late bids. No surprise bidders. I think that we know all the players involved now it just comes down to the cash being splashed and who gets what.

Big day! Crossing my fingers for EA to win some bids.

I have a feeling that you might the only one doing so.

The auction starts at 3:00 PM EST and we are presuming that this Twitter feed will be posting real time details as it has done in the past.

https://twitter.com/DDInvesting

I'm not saying that there won't be any news or updates, but as far as I've heard there is no 'live feed'-type thing; Only relevant people and their reps in the various 'bidding rooms'. I think there's an outline in the Bidding Procedures doc (from that same twitter) about who may attend.

We'll see how it plays out :) Most employees and the public will probably know at almost the same time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm not saying that there won't be any news or updates, but as far as I've heard there is no 'live feed'-type thing; Only relevant people and their reps in the various 'bidding rooms'. I think there's an outline in the Bidding Procedures doc (from that same twitter) about who may attend.

We'll see how it plays out :) Most employees and the public will probably know at almost the same time.

Perhaps, perhaps not, all I know is DDI here did live tweeting from the courthouse previously.

Hasney

While this is accurate for matchmaking on the 360 side of things, the user-created content servers for WWE are owned and maintained by THQ. When they get hammered and go down, it's THQ who has to fix them.

Their future would be in question.

I don't even want to know what happens, so many people could lose their jobs
:(

I think the best option is having the bidders fail to beat Clearlake, keeping the company intact, and seeing how 2013 plays out. This isn't impossible, either.

I would love to see this happen but the course of events has dampened my enthusiasm sadly.

just finished saints row the third a few days ago. watching the creds made me kinda sad, all them people going thru some crazy shit right now.

Arooguy

EDIT: Never mind my answer was right in the OP. I'm just getting really antsy. I hope Saint's Row ends up in good hands.

JustinBB7

Will there be live updates on this? It's not really an event in that sense I guess, but I wanna know as soon as possible if EA buys Saints Row so I can kill myself.

Edit: Oh just saw the twitter, will look at that.

Derrick01

Banned
Starts at 3? Good I'll be home by then. This is going to be a nervous day. Hopefully south park's fate is decided right away so I can get it over with and move on with my day.

Jarlaxle

Starts at 3? Good I'll be home by then. This is going to be a nervous day. Hopefully south park's fate is decided right away so I can get it over with and move on with my day.

South Park has already been fully funded. It's just who is going to publish the game, I'm pretty sure. It really doesn't matter who picks it up. It's still coming out.

amardilo

This is worrying me a little. THQ this generation has made some rather good games and when they put more focus on the core audience/gamer I was rooting for them.

THQ were not the biggest publisher so I think it made them a little more willing to be risky.

I hope Volition and the Saints Row IP gets bought by the same company and that company lets Volition be crazy and not try to make Saints Row more clean cut.

I also want the Relic and the Company of Heroes IP to stick together and go to a company that has other RTS IPs (and no major in house RTS developer) and give all those IPs to Relic to work on. It would also be nice if they let Relic (every now and again) work on other genres too.

The other thing I want is for Vigil and the Darksiders IP to stick together and go to a company that will back it and market it heavily.

I'm not sure what will happen or who would want to buy IPs like Homefront and Red Faction but it will be interesting to see where they end up.

Derrick01

Banned
South Park has already been fully funded. It's just who is going to publish the game, I'm pretty sure. It really doesn't matter who picks it up. It's still coming out.

That's what I'm worried about though. EA could come in and screw up the rest of the development/polish and force the game out, then everyone will be like "oh Obsidian shipped out a broken product again!". Not to mention the PC version would go from Steamworks to Origin probably. Who knows what kind of damage they or Ubisoft could do.

Pachimari

Which developers and IP's do THQ have and are on auction?i know about Volition, Relic.
Saints Row, Metro, South Park, Homefront, Company of Heroes.

South Park is easily in the best shape I'd wager since its being funded by Viacom. So it likely will just need a publisher to pick up a game that's likely almost done. Just a matter of who gets the rights to publish it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
First Bids:

t1358874000z4.png

Auction:

t1358895600z4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom