• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahou Shoujo Site 34

Hooooooooooly shit this chapter.

img000029.png

Onii-chan just got a lot scarier.

dumbyugi

Every time a new OT starts I say I'll post more but I never do. Maybe this time I will actually post more. I've been reading a lot of manga, just haven't been bothered to type up impressions. I'll miss the last threads title.

Rhapsody

Banned
Musunde Hiraite 25

I never really enjoyed this pairing much out of the cast. They seem kind of plain to me. It doesn't help that their stories are the ones that drag on.

So I gave Iinazuke Kyoutei a looksee because I saw the cover art and was like "...that looks familiar" and after 3 pages dammit Zweizer, this is by a famous hentai artist isn't it? I knew I recognized that art. It really reads like the first 5 pages of HHH or something.

Big One

Banned
The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Vol. 2 and 3

Ok, finally caught up with the latest volume. Surprised the English release is caught up with the Japanese release.

Liked it a lot, but I feel a lot of my love for it has to do with Arakawa's art and plotting over the actual story content itself. The story content is good, but still feels like it's building up to a big moment that's going to resolve the entire arc of Arslan taking back Pars. So far it's enjoyable, but it's hard to judge this manga when it doesn't even feel close to completion.

I realized something after watching the new One Piece Burning Blood trailer... OP is at its greatest when its arcs are either quick non dragging battles with high feats to keep the viewer engaged (sorry dragged out DressRosa), or bringing something new and exciting every few chapters instead of dragging out the pacing and or opening up so many side stories but never finishing any of them/having terrible pacing and eventually finishing a fight that could've not have had a ton of side stuff added to it.

aka Oda fix your bloody pacing into bite sized portions like Impel Down/Marin Ford

UQ Holder

The return of the great paru-sama! And a plot twist it seems? I wonder what exactly Eva-chans plan is, and what exactly is the deal with all these Konoe kids.

UberTag

Gakkou Gurashi 44

Feels like we've had 7 straight chapters of character/tension building.
Shit has got to start hitting the fan again next month.

Vinland Saga 125

BEEEEEAAAAAR FIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT

Also, shit bout to get real but dammit Gudrid:

Thorfinn: Yo, I wanna keep a low profile cause it'd be bad if anyone recognized me
Gudrid: I got you.
*5 seconds later*
Gudrid: YO THORFINN COME CHECK THIS SHIT

jman2050

Tomo-chan 260

80kg? In your first year of high school?!

What the hell do you do every day Jun?

Poor Jun just keeps hitting landmines

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Groundless - The One-Eyed Sniper ch. 1-9

The first (enormous) chapter sets up a revenge story about a weapon shop dealer's wife who lost her husband, child, and left eye. It's decent, if familiar territory. The backdrop is a pseudo early 1900s setting in a small town dealing with aggression from both oppressive mainlanders and a liberation army, with the town militia group right in the middle trying to keep it together, and that's a lot more interesting. After the initial chapter, what's left of the town militia form up and set out for supplies, where they squabble with each other inbetween skirmishes with the revolutionaries. Battles are frantic without being confusing, gunshot panels pack punch, and the characters even draw up plans / discuss tactics, which is kind of neat.

The character art could use some work tbh, and who knows where this goes next, but you know, it's cool so far. Looking forward to more shoot outs with the AWP gawd.

I have one more volume to read of Gundam the Origion vertical volumes but alas I am holding back since I don't want to a impression of the whole thing yet (since it is best to do it when it is still fresh in your mind)

but more importantly I just don't want to finish it since it is so good and thus want to savoir the volume due to fear of me not putting it down once I open it

guess I can just continue reading Jojo

---------------
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 260

lol Jun likely said that 70kg statement as a compliment due to thinking she would be also perusing muscle weight

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Time for me to reclaim my deserved place on the wall of shame! Never, I mean. I've been working on my steam backlog more than reading manga. But I have to admit, Binbougami Ga! got me back into manga more lately.

Also, since food manga (Soma, Dungeon Meshi) are so popular here, we should just stop beating around the bush and make this the cooking OT.

kasane

i think im 5'10" and 70kg when i was in highschool

edit: im pretty thin tho so im not sure if thats accurate

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Vinland Saga latest
Thorkell, the most viking dude ever known.
He kill a bear with his bare hand in his spare time. Holy shit!
lol, Sigurd face when he see Hild.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep190

yep, baam gotta save everyone. at least he's putting up a good front
and yuri is so good.

Wiseblade

A new thread! I guess it's time for me to make my regular empty promise to retake my throne as the dark lord of ManGAF.

BECAUSE IM TOTALLY BACK YOU GUYS

THIS TIME I SWEAR

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo chan wa onna no ko 260
Oh, look at that, measurement without breast related joke. I happily eat crow for making wrong prediction.

I assume Jun height is around 175-180? Yeah, 80kg for a dude with muscle like him sound totally possible.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 39

Expecting a good explanation for this one.
Not that MC could lose here, but would like to know how he won this one.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 260

Even with his muscular (although still slim) build, Jun has to be somewhere around 6'3 or higher to weight 80kgs at that age.
This seems like an interesting discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom