• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

I guess this is a good time to look into other board game forums. Board Game GAF was why I signed up. Was fun y'all, keep collecting that cardboard and plastic <3

zulux21

odd the discord link should still be working.

anyways this one should work for the next day (though I limited it to 25 just in case it goes somewhere it isn't supposed to :p)

keep in mind the discord is just to chat about board games, we are not affiliated with any other forums but neogaf at this time :p

Anyways... anyone planning on getting pandemic legacy season 2?

anyways this one should work for the next day (though I limited it to 25 just in case it goes somewhere it isn't supposed to :p)

keep in mind the discord is just to chat about board games, we are not affiliated with any other forums but neogaf at this time :p

I still need to play season 1 :(

Kitbash

It's sitting on my table right now, taunting me. Have to wait for the weekend before we can dig in.

And Kingdom Death is arriving in a day or two, which is a lot sooner than I was expecting. Too many big games showing up all at once!

twelver

It's sitting on my table right now, taunting me. Have to wait for the weekend before we can dig in.

And Kingdom Death is arriving in a day or two, which is a lot sooner than I was expecting. Too many big games showing up all at once!

Congrats. Kingdom Death is glorious.

It's expired.

I don't know how discord works.. But I'm interested in staying connected to the conversation about tabletop games.

I'll probably stick around here though. What else is a guy supposed to do on the toilet?

Okay, I'll throw in an update.

I ordered some misc stuff at board game geek store:

Littles Brains to add to zombie dice

Lost City sixth expedition cards

Several drawstring bags

Tried out a few geekbox storage containers. They're definitely overpriced but a great size..

Some of those blue skulls which are for a specific game, but are cool little tokens to use in the future for something..

And they have this set of 5 dwarf minis for 5 dollars. They're great. I don't do D&D or anything, but I like miniatures, and these look fun to paint. Great price for 5 awesome little minis! Highly recommended! Hope they get other minis in the same fashion. Screw amiibo, these little things would get me excited.

cHaOs667

Does somebody got his hands on Vengeance and is able to share his thoughts? The game was playable at the "Spiel" fair in Essen/Germany last weekend but was not on my list before.

And they have this set of 5 dwarf minis for 5 dollars. They're great. I don't do D&D or anything, but I like miniatures, and these look fun to paint. Great price for 5 awesome little minis! Highly recommended! Hope they get other minis in the same fashion. Screw amiibo, these little things would get me excited.
You should take a look at the minis that Fantasy Flight Games produces (e.g. For Descent 2) - the quality is top notch (but a bit expensive).

Z3M0G

Search Thread
"Shadespire"

No matches found

(This must be broken...)

Well then...

pic3750232.jpg
Shadespire-WDPoster1tix.jpg

Now released, and 2 expansion armies just released this weekend:

DO NOT come painted, but each Warband (army) comes in a different plastic color so they can be distinguished out of the box (something unique to Warhammer I hear)

Video Overview of gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztLClAfNYw

- Combat miniature game in one of the Warhammer universes (I know literally nothing about Warhammer products / universes so I can't say anything more about that)
- Designed as a fast-paced competitive game. 1v1 30-45 minutes
- Winning is based on Victory point objectives, NOT wiping out the enemy team
- Core set comes with what you need for 1v1 game (I'm working on custom variant for 2v2 out of the box)
- Game plays over 3 rounds, even if an entire army is wiped out early, you keep playing and play cards to score victory and mess with the opponent (but you are not likely to win if you lost your entire warband in Round 1 or 2...)

This is definitely my new obsession. And like I mentioned, I'm working on a 2v2 variant with what you get in the Core set. Officially, you need 2 core sets to play 3-4 players.

Some compare this to Gorechosen, but when I looked into that it is a very different game. This is not a last-man-standing style game like that is. And movement is not based on cards from your hand...

Basically... they aimed to create a Warhammer product that would capture some of the MGT / X-wing crowds.

EYEL1NER

I have seen mention of Shadespire but I hadn't seen what it was what. It does look like it could be fun. Building and painting minis is still off-putting to me but the fact that it is only a handful of minis isn't bad at all and wouldn't be too much to get commissioned. I do wonder how long until the scope of the game increases and more points/minis are incorporated though.

I think I know some people who would like this and I'll recommend it. If they were doing a 40K version then I'd be all over it, but vanilla AoS Warhammer doesn't interest me.

Has anyone played Trajan? I just traded my copy of Imperial Settlers to someone for Trajan.

They’re very different games. If I remember correctly, Trajan is a Feld with a mancala mechanic. It’s a neat mechanic and I like the game, but there’s absolutely no theme and you’ll run into moments of: How the heck do I set up my turns so I can do this?

I have seen mention of Shadespire but I hadn't seen what it was what. It does look like it could be fun. Building and painting minis is still off-putting to me but the fact that it is only a handful of minis isn't bad at all and wouldn't be too much to get commissioned. I do wonder how long until the scope of the game increases and more points/minis are incorporated though.

I think I know some people who would like this and I'll recommend it. If they were doing a 40K version then I'd be all over it, but vanilla AoS Warhammer doesn't interest me.

It's essentially GW trying to do Warhammer in a X-Wing style of format. Small battles, small play area, no complex figures, and customizable forces. Unlike X-Wing where you use cards to customize your units, you actually build a customized deck to customize your deck, so a bit of randomness is involved as well in your decks.

Top Bottom