• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Complaints over the graphics of this already seem to have forgotten how badly 3DS visuals appear in captures - especially from a low res web stream. They always look pixelated, washed out, and badly textured.

On the native resolution screen, things tend to look quite a bit different. Also, the character models in the trailer don't look like DS stuff to me. They're cell shaded, and that always tricks people at first glance when it comes to model complexity, etc.

Hypatia

A miserable pile of Seakings.

miserablepileofseakingkosp.png

Jetku

I'm thinking (and hoping) that old Pokemon won't be transferable. This will be a new start. A few old guys will be catchable, but the rest will come with remakes (or free dlc). I think it's too ambitious to recreate all of the MANY old Pokemon/attacks in 3D in one go. Iwata's remarks echo the sentiment that only some old Pokemon will be available.

Croc

Banned
I'm surprised to see Froakie winning. Usually I can judge which ones would be most popular but I am like the exact opposite on this one.

Chespin fuckin' rules

TEAM CHESPIN

Trey

I'm thinking (and hoping) that old Pokemon won't be transferable. This will be a new start. A few old guys will be catchable, but the rest will come with remakes (or free dlc). I think it's too ambitious to recreate all of the MANY old Pokemon/attacks in 3D in one go. Iwata's remarks echo the sentiment that only some old Pokemon will be available.

Fuck that.

KAL2006

Banned

Haven't they already created 3D models of all the Pokemon on Pokedex 3D app. They seem to look like the same models with just a different shader (cel shaded).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Other speculation.

You think Cynthia will be here again? Knowing GF they like to put her everywhere.

What about Hilda and Hilbert? Could they be stumbled into this new region?

Also Pokemon has a canon timeline, believe it or not, and it's actually pretty well followed (retcon of Pokemon notwithstanding). G1 and G3 occur in the same year, whereas G2 and G4 both are in the "three years later" part. Now, G5 was never actually mentioned where it takes place after G2 and G4... and there's that three years later for BW2, so where would G6 fit?

DS and 3DS can still communicate, so they can't lock out older gen like what G3 did - and it's not like the pokemon data structure needs fixing.

pffffft

They have no excuse not to put all the old pokemon in. They have 3d models for ALL of them and they don't need to have individual animations for every attack.

I think not letting me transfer my pokemon would bother me less than ruby/sapphire, but they'd need a good reason, like a complete overhaul of stats, types or attacks.

Froakie is actually water/flying type.

The "balls" on his face are actually clouds. When he evolves he's be able to float and fly using clouds produced from his nostrils

EVOL 100%

Other speculation.

You think Cynthia will be here again? Knowing GF they like to put her everywhere.

What about Hilda and Hilbert? Could they be stumbled into this new region?

Also Pokemon has a canon timeline, believe it or not, and it's actually pretty well followed (retcon of Pokemon notwithstanding). G1 and G3 occur in the same year, whereas G2 and G4 both are in the "three years later" part. Now, G5 was never actually mentioned where it takes place after G2 and G4... and there's that three years later for BW2, so where would G6 fit?

Pokemon has an actual plot? Mindblown.

It's been years since I played one properly, I take it that they put more effort into the stories now?

Froakie is actually water/flying type.

The "balls" on his face are actually clouds. When he evolves he's be able to float and fly using clouds produced from his nostrils

I'm sorry but that's disgusting

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

No.

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm thinking (and hoping) that old Pokemon won't be transferable.

Why would you possibly hope for that?

Some of us care about the Pokémon we've been playing with for the past 10 years since Ruby and Sapphire. It would be nice to continue using them.

Anth0ny

Starters look ugly, game looks ugly and they dropped the naming scheme!

But I'm so happy it's worldwide release that it doesn't matter :)

Spiderduff

I see many people stating "I'm getting so and so version and so and so starter." Am I in the rare few that gets both copies and begins with all 3 starters?

Berordn

I see many people stating "I'm getting so and so version and so and so starter." Am I in the rare few that gets both copies and begins with all 3 starters?

Most people don't double-dip on the same day! Thanks to GTS you can usually have all three in your party by the second gym anyway.

entremet

I would love that for the meltdowns, but I doubt it it'll happen.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pokemon has an actual plot? Mindblown.

It's been years since I played one properly, I take it that they put more effort into the stories now?

It's not about the stories being related but more on how they made events actually flow well that there wouldn't be any problems (e.g. Gen 4 starts with a report on Lake of Rage occurrence which is part of Gen 2's story).

The story has been basically similar in general, but Gen 5 handles it really well (Plasma, N etc. are all good).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Just for people that seem to have foggy memories in here, this is what Pokemon Stadium looked like.

ZXvxs.jpg

Can we please return to reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom