• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

lenovox1

So this may seem like an odd question/problem, but lately I've been feeling, bad or I don't know, guilty, for not having more/any black gay friends. Full disclosure, i'm black. Its odd because growing up and early in my 20s my groups of friends would joke that we needed a "token white" for our group and now I feel kind of alone in a sense. Don't get me wrong I love my friends now and my best friend is white but sometimes I wish I had someone there that could get it as far as the black gay story goes.

Let me know when you find black gay people in Las Vegas outside of UNLV. I need to meet some of these unicorns, too.

(The visibility of black men in Vegas I'm general is dire.)

There's not really a social space for "us," rather social events like the tempted2touch event, so, no, you're not weird.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Guys, I can't tell you how nice life has been since I started on ADHD medication. It's like this mental weight has been lifted, and I can actually accomplish things I once thought impossible. I was actually getting emotional with my psychological nurse recently (in a good way,) because I finally understand so much about my life.

I know why I took so long to understand things, to read, to do a project.

I know why I'd put anything that took any mental effort off, over and over.

I know why I was constantly so tired, especially after school or reading.

I know why I would drift off mid-conversations, even if I was legitimately invested in a conversation.

It's just crazy, honestly. I feel like a whole new person lately. It's funny how sometimes, hitting what feels like rock bottom is a blessing. This time, it gave me the impetus to find out what was actually going on with me, instead of just treating symptoms.

Anyone that feels similarly, I really do recommend you see someone. Making that first step is the most important part, and it can do wonders. I'm also open to talking, if anyone has questions or the like!

this sounds so much like me ugghh i need health insurance tbh

I am watching King Cobra. I didn't realise it was on Netflix in Australia. That is the Cobra Video murder movie. Maybe it is available in other regions.

EDIT: It wasn't very good. There wasn't enough on the underage element or the murder, the important things in the story.

JCX

Body-wise I'm in a similar boat - I tell myself it's for health and feeling good but I just as much appreciate feeling slightly more attractive/sexualized, both of which are probably unhealthy.

Yeah I try to stay aware of that pitfall in hopes of not falling into it. I Imagine though, that it's an easy trap to fall into without staying vigilant.

alternade

Let me know when you find black gay people in Las Vegas outside of UNLV. I need to meet some of these unicorns, too.

(The visibility of black men in Vegas I'm general is dire.)

There's not really a social space for "us," rather social events like the tempted2touch event, so, no, you're not weird.

Lol I let you know! Do you go to UNLV? It should be easier to find there. I'm pushing 30 so even making straight friends is hard

Kevyt

Most of the queer guys and girls I've gotten to know and interact with have been people of color.

Reading through some of the posts, I feel truly blessed.

Bladenic

Who's dick do I have to suck or sit on to get a job like wtf

Actually I interviewed for this part time UPS position and the guy who interviewed me was hot as hell, I would've gladly done something extra for a job RIP

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Who's dick do I have to suck or sit on to get a job like wtf

Actually I interviewed for this part time UPS position and the guy who interviewed me was hot as hell, I would've gladly done something extra for a job RIP

20 bucks for 1 day sounds like a job? /jk

I know that feel cause Im basically doing the same thing hunting and the only one to call me was a part time job that was 40-50 minutes drive plus the tolls it would be worthless to go there and work at $7.25 per hour.

berzeli

Banned
Proving once again that they have everyone's best interest at heart:
A Lot Of People Thought Grindr’s New Emoji Keyboard Referenced Crystal Meth
Grindr released its very own emoji keyboard this week, allowing users with the latest update of the hook-up app to message, flirt, and express their sexual preferences with the help of an array of cartoon Gaymojis.
Urgh.
But one emoji in particular — a simple capital “T” — became the center of debate. Many users were quick to point out the emoji could stand for “Tina”, a popular slang term for crystal meth.
In an official statement emailed to BuzzFeed News on Wednesday, Grindr said that the “T” was originally intended to be paired with the “D” next to it on the keyboard. “The ‘T’ Gaymoji was intended to follow the ‘D’ and resemble the acronym ‘DT,’ also known as ‘down to’ followed by whatever it is that the user is down to ‘do’,” the statement read.
Clealry many users did not originally assume the “D” and “T” emojis were supposed to be used together.
That statement is just bullshit, if they were meant to be used together you could have just made them into one goddamn emoji you pricks.
Oh and:
sub-buzz-369-1489522580-2.png

JCX

I mean they know what they designed the app for, so I am not surprised. It reminds me of how Twitter operates - turning a blind eye to problems in the name of "free speech"

KmA

I've been feeling so shitty lately and I don't even feel like I can mention it to my close friend. I recently just made a comment in passing about my anxiety and he basically just completely dismissed it saying I don't meet any of DSM requirements for it. He's a therapist but like... it just felt so dismissive like obviously Im not gonna be anxious around fucking you of all people. Now I feel like I'm just making up my own problems I'm always second guessing myself.

I've been feeling so shitty lately and I don't even feel like I can mention it to my close friend. I recently just made a comment in passing about my anxiety and he basically just completely dismissed it saying I don't meet any of DSM requirements for it. He's a therapist but like... it just felt so dismissive like obviously Im not gonna be anxious around fucking you of all people. Now I feel like I'm just making up my own problems I'm always second guessing myself.

Gurl I don't think you are. At some point you just can't observe certain recurring patterns in your life without seeing them as substantial. Truth with respect to our experience is simply the observation that '(something) holds', even if only for a time. We're never going to get any more certain of a confirmation of truth than that. If it didn't hold, then at some point you'd probably just casually think yourself out of it or discover that it was mere coincidence.

And as a therapist there's something pretty lame about taking a diagnostic manual, that was created in a post-war era to expediently address all these people with "shell shock", as an authoritative text on what maladaptive psychology or psychopathology is. Psychologists do their discipline a disservice when they cease to take seriously the experiences of individuals. If we're seriously trying to locate problems so as to address them, surely their presence will be found in their experience and how their experience figures into a larger context. In fact we can say that that is the only meaningful criteria, because without that we simply would not have a problem. Basically, people's experiences can speak for themselves, and it should be the role of psychologists to draw that out.

OrionX

I never even knew Billy's actor was gay. Maybe that's why my 4 year old self related to him the most. Or it was just cuz I like blue. lol

Bladenic

Davis Yost's story is pretty sad, after he left Power Rangers he went to conversion therapy for two years and then had a nervous breakdown and spent some weeks in the psych ward. I'm glad his story didn't end in tragedy thankfully.

And this was only 20 years ago. Scary shit.

kuYuri

Oh damn, I didn't know David Yost was gay. I was a blue ranger fan not only cause of the color, but I always felt like I could relate to his character the most. I also remember watching a behind the scenes video with him and he was a big fan of junk food like I was as a kid, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RuPaul revealing he got married to a Wyoming rancher is the best news I've heard today. There's always a rancher for ya'll.

Oh damn, I didn't know David Yost was gay. I was a blue ranger fan not only cause of the color, but I always felt like I could relate to his character the most. I also remember watching a behind the scenes video with him and he was a big fan of junk food like I was as a kid, lol.
Same. I always chose Blue when everybody wanted to play Power Rangers in Kindegarten.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm really not a bad looking person (I'm not a great looking person either... above average maybe) but I my self-esteem is so low that sex seems so impossible. I keep telling myself I'm going to workout and eat well and feel good about myself before I start dating again but I just never do.

I had a boyfriend about a year ago and it didn't work out and since then it's been nothing. I think I'm just wasting the best years of my life.

Bladenic

I'm really not a bad looking person (I'm not a great looking person either... above average maybe) but I my self-esteem is so low that sex seems so impossible. I keep telling myself I'm going to workout and eat well and feel good about myself before I start dating again but I just never do.

I had a boyfriend about a year ago and it didn't work out and since then it's been nothing. I think I'm just wasting the best years of my life.

Um hi, me.

Also receipts for your claim about your looks TBH

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I have felt that way before but you gotta pick yourself up. Get the motivation to work out and eat well if you really want to do it and learn to love yourself and not care much what others think. Also faking confidence and self esteem may help you see things in a different way and maybe even help you get some real stuff.

I took this quiz and I got Prompto.

Should I be happy? I don't know how to feel. I haven't played this game.
I haven't done the quiz but Prompto is the best one.

His English voice actor is the English voice actor of Tales of Zestiria's Sorey, if you played that.

EDIT: I got Prompto!

PS Ratsky there was an 'I don't have a preference' option to the last question <3

kuYuri

God damn, do I need to work out too. Ever since starting my current job, I became even more of a slob. At least at my last job I was on my feet all the time, now I just sit on my ass 8+ hours a day plus being all depressed and shit doesn't help. I managed to lose over 10 pounds between switching jobs since I had lots of free time, but I've gained so much weight after losing most of it though.

I can easily lose that weight too if I just focus on it and had more time to spend working out. I've done it before, I can definitely do it again.

I've still been focusing on just trying to move to a new apartment for the longest time now, but shit keeps coming up.

Um hi, me.

Also receipts for your claim about your looks TBH

I have felt that way before but you gotta pick yourself up. Get the motivation to work out and eat well if you really want to do it and learn to love yourself and not care much what others think. Also faking confidence and self esteem may help you see things in a different way and maybe even help you get some real stuff.

God damn, do I need to work out too. Ever since starting my current job, I became even more of a slob. At least at my last job I was on my feet all the time, now I just sit on my ass 8+ hours a day plus being all depressed and shit doesn't help. I managed to lose over 10 pounds between switching jobs since I had lots of free time, but I've gained so much weight after losing most of it though.

I can easily lose that weight too if I just focus on it and had more time to spend working out. I've done it before, I can definitely do it again.

I've still been focusing on just trying to move to a new apartment for the longest time now, but shit keeps coming up.

Gaygaf singles orgy time?

Kater

Banned
Whew that Mass Effect Graphical Downgrade thread with the gifs is making my day.
People expecting games to look like cutscenes? What year is it again, and is there any hope people will learn not to fall for the first few trailers? :p

I'm still looking forward to actually playing the newest awkward alien sex sim game from Bioware tbh. And it's not like I need the best graphics to enjoy it. Hair could look better but whatever. As long as I get to have cute aliens and some story about uncovering ancient threats and/or get to explore planets and fight bad guys, it's good enough.

Dany

Banned
I'm still in for mass effect. I'm always in. Even if cutscenes look lil mediocore.

I hope my male ryder has plentiful of boning options. #down2bone.

Kater

Banned
I wonder if they'll actually cater to the Krogan fans and make the Krogan dude romanceable. Or the Krogan girl.

Hot space turtle sex. &#128584;

Sai-kun

Banned
People expecting games to look like cutscenes? What year is it again, and is there any hope people will learn not to fall for the first few trailers? :p

I'm still looking forward to actually playing the newest awkward alien sex sim game from Bioware tbh. And it's not like I need the best graphics to enjoy it. Hair could look better but whatever. As long as I get to have cute aliens and some story about uncovering ancient threats and/or get to explore planets and fight bad guys, it's good enough.

I mean...Horizon and Uncharted can do it &#128064;&#127770;

JCX

Anyone going to any Pride events this year? I went to Motor City Pride last year, which was just alright. Probably would have been more fun with friends. I heard Toronto's is pretty good too, so I may make the trip over there.

I am mixed on Pride events though, since they only seem to celebrate certain parts of gay culture, often times whitewashing it.

Alrus

No, but I expect the animation to not look like absolute shit. Bioware has never been good at making people look like "human" beings and not weird ass twitchy puppets but still, this is on another level.

I mean look at this janky ass shit :

That shouldn't happen in a 5 years in dev AAA game by a major dev.

Bladenic

It's fun to drag (even though I'm still looking forward to it) but this is par the course for Bioware so I'm not sure why people are acting surprised. Janky AF animations, terrible loading, laundry list of bugs/glitches especially at launch, and an overall "how is this acceptable" performance are all staples of Bioware and indeed, most Western RPG devs.

I mean, Dragon Age Inquisition had like ten patches lmao. And I played last year and STILL it had plenty of crashes, jank, and bugs.

JCX

It's fun to drag (even though I'm still looking forward to it) but this is par the course for Bioware so I'm not sure why people are acting surprised. Janky AF animations, terrible loading, laundry list of bugs/glitches especially at launch, and an overall "how is this acceptable" performance are all staples of Bioware and indeed, most Western RPG devs.

I mean, Dragon Age Inquisition had like ten patches lmao. And I played last year and STILL it had plenty of crashes, jank, and bugs.

For whatever reason, certain companies and franchises are allowed to ship buggy games, while others aren't. I'm not quite sure of the logic behind this myself, as I am not a fan of playing buggy games.

Kevyt

I feel the same way! I'm on a similar boat. I'm not so sure about the sex part because I think that's the easiest but dating and having a romantic relationship, that's the hardest...

Top Bottom