• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ for PS Vita comes next week with FW 2.00, games revealed (WOW)

doomquake

Monthy but Gravity Rush and uncharted GA will stay for quite a while

what do you mean stay? I dont really know how PS+ works - is stuff removed from the free games category sometimes? i figured if its added to the free games of PS+ it is there forever. Or are the gaves free only for those people that were signed up to PS+ when that game went free?

Pranay

what do you mean stay? I dont really know how PS+ works - is stuff removed from the free games category sometimes? i figured if its added to the free games of PS+ it is there forever. Or are the gaves free only for those people that were signed up to PS+ when that game went free?

Yep.

Their are 5 free games 2 of them will be their currently for a long time while the other 3 will be rotated every month.

Thats why you should keep the games in your dl list incase you miss out.

Number45

They rotate the content so make sure you "buy" (you don't have to download) the content when it's available, then you have access to it as long as your subscription is active. If you miss a game before it's rotated out, you won't be able to get it.

doomquake

The way they handle the content you mean? It's been like that on PS3 since the start, so I would think it'll stay for some time.

are the timings of the free game rotation random or fixed? I think it is right to assume the Vita free games collection will stick around until feb 2013 at least because it is a big selling point for it at the moment. at least that is my close minded opinion

Goldrusher

are the timings of the free game rotation random or fixed?

In Europe, for PS3, at any given moment there are at least 10 games available:

- 3 games available for 12 months

- 1 game available only for 1 month ("game of the month")

- 2 games available for 1 month
- 2 games available for 2 months
- 2 games available for 3 months​

Every month, 1 game gets replaced and is only available that month. This is the "game of the month".
Also every month, 2 games get replaced and are available for 3 months. So there are always 6 of these available. 2 in their final month, 2 in their "middle" month, and 2 new ones.

I'm not sure how the Vita games are handled.

Uncharted and Gravity Rush are likely available the entire year, the other 2 (currently Chronovolt and Mutant Blobs Attack) only for 1 month.

doomquake

i actually didn't like gravity rush demo or the full game at all. but that doesnt matter.

loving persona and uncharted and wipeout. have a feeling i will be playing these for a while...is there a vita release game schedule log somewhere? wikipedia i guess? i got it as a present this week and i really don't know what to expect.

@goldrusher - thanks :) before vita, i never felt the urge to join ps+ at all for my ps3. almost everygame i own was never on ps+ when i checked.

Number45

are the timings of the free game rotation random or fixed? I think it is right to assume the Vita free games collection will stick around until feb 2013 at least because it is a big selling point for it at the moment. at least that is my close minded opinion
There's a method to the rotation I think. Personally I just keep an eye on the PS blog and download it all when the store updates on a Wednesday (EU).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah ok well that helps, not to derail too much but Im assuming jobs just unlock automatically as you grind?

Yes and no. They'll unlock automatically after you meet the unlock requirements. Medic wants like Job Level 2 Squire, for instance.

Oh my god Gravity Rush is amazing. That is all.

it is one hell of a one trick pony. And probably the best sony first party character ever :3

I'm a bit disappointed with the other games though. Wipeout is amazing, but them load times, its like psp launch days! Uncharted is uncharted, but right stick just doesn't feel right, and I can't play this lying on my side in bed due to the stupid gyro for climbing.

Duffyside

Banned
Is there a list of games that have been released for free for Plus anywhere? If not, does GAF think we could compile and possibly organize one by date of release?

Edit: On second thought, probably should have put this in the Everything thread...

Number45

Is there a list of games that have been released for free for Plus anywhere? If not, does GAF think we could compile and possibly organize one by date of release?

Edit: On second thought, probably should have put this in the Everything thread...
I would love this, if only so that I can rage at any items I've missed.

I'm interested to see where they go with the free Vita games from here. They can't really release games that are a couple years old for it like they do on PS3 unless they just start giving away PSP games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm interested to see where they go with the free Vita games from here. They can't really release games that are a couple years old for it like they do on PS3 unless they just start giving away PSP games.
Oh there will definitely be bitching in a few months about how PS+ isn't giving anything good for Vita.

Duffyside

Banned
The OP of the November PS+ thread has them all (Vita is missing but this is the first month)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498451

Ah, good to see that Pranay is keeping track of it. But it doesn't go all the way back. For example I know I got Awesomenauts, Shift 2, Shank, and Tomb Raider Underworld all for free. I'm talking about putting all our memories (and harddrives) together to see just how many games have been given away.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Playing Uncharted, damn I should have made this my first Vita game. Looks great.

I remember being absolutely amazed by it last December when I got my Vita. Arguably my favourite Uncharted game too considering how they removed the frustration from the often-janky platforming. But that bit where you're going downstream can die in a fire.

I remember being absolutely amazed by it last December when I got my Vita. Arguably my favourite Uncharted game too considering how they removed the frustration from the often-janky platforming. But that bit where you're going downstream can die in a fire.

Reminds me of the jets skis from the first one...died so many times in that one area ugh, other wise very solid game.

By the way, for people new to Wipeout 2048, don't forget that if you own Wipeout HD and or Fury for the PS3, you can download that stuff (as dlc) for play on Wipeout 2048. Makes a great game even better.

Top Bottom