• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G.A.M.E. 3.0] WipEout Edition: A custom soundtrack for WipEout:HD made by GAFers!

No_Style

Wow. 100 GB gone? That's very telling of the popularity of this. I checked mine and I've only used 2% of my monthly 300 GB or so. :lol

Anyways, Nofi's bonus/remixed track is also up on my link.

Sephon

I'm just listening to it and all I wanna say is: Great job guys.
Amazingly good soundtrack, definitely something I'll listen to regularely.

FightF said it's ok for the artists to release track updates/tweaks. For those who dug my stuff I should have an alternate mix done by Monday night :D

No_Style

monchi-kun said:
FightF said it's ok for the artists to release track updates/tweaks. For those who dug my stuff I should have an alternate mix done by Monday night :D

Sweet. Let me know via PM and I'll provide a faster link via my site.

So I love G.A.M.E. 3.0

Love it; and thanks to the guys that took the time to make the music. Makes me eager to see what they do with KORG on the DS when it rolls out in October.

As for Wipeout...

My "definitive" custom soundtrack is as follows and will grow as more songs come to me.

1. Atom Bomb by Fluke

2. Stop & Panic by Cirrus (DJ Micro mix)

3. Ready, Steady Go by Oakenfold

Awesome work everyone. Only listened to a few so far. All good but I'm totally digging SineWaves right now. Will definitely throw this in my wipeout playlist tommorow.

Stike

Traffic quota on my webspace not only got nuked, but was even continuing to grow over the limit.

At roughly 110 % (110 GB, yeah) I pulled the plug and took the file temporarily offline.
This could have gotten pretty expensive if I had not done this!

I will put it back online on 10/01/08 - please update the original post accordingly!

soultron

Banned
So, I just knocked back about 5 days of calculus homework over Friday night and tonight. I was listening to G3.0 the entire time.

You guys are awesome. Props to the Liverpool crew for enabling custom soundtracks so that we can race to G3.0.

I almost want to learn FL Studio so that I can contribute to the next one, but I think GAF is covered.

:bow An absolutely amazing accomplishment GAF, this is pretty much my default WipEout music now. All involved deserve some kind of award. I can't say enough good about it. Thanks.

Kasreyn

Neo Member
The original soundtrack is good but there isn't enough tracks. This is a great addition that fits the game very well. Thanks!

m0dus said:
Some statistics for the GAME website:

Site URL:------------------------------- # of requests----------# of times game_3.rar requested

1. http://www.neogaf.com/_______3,828_____________369

Day__________________# of requests____# page requests

39. September 24, 2008_____14,475 __________625
40. September 25, 2008_____33,375__________900
41. September 26, 2008_____23,357__________1,237

so there's plenty of room to grow.

O_O

No_Style

I'm still at 2% of my quota. =O

Nice to see those great numbers for the album. Well deserved.

So far from my site (which you can see for yourself thanks to the download counter):

• 215 hits for the album itself
  • 28 hits for falter (GAF Remix)

Truespeed

Will users be allowed to remix the tracks or are the authors against user generated content? I'd like to remix a few and generate a user remix version. Any thoughts?

btkadams

Truespeed said:
Will users be allowed to remix the tracks or are the authors against user generated content? I'd like to remix a few and generate a user remix version. Any thoughts?
i dont see any problem with that... but its not solely up to me

daegan

I've had a couple days to sit on this and Lower Level, Escape Velocity, Howhiareyou, Let's Go are all getting stuck in my head intermittently (GOD i love the "NEO ---GAF" in the middle of the song. So shameless and awesome :D )

Heimdall is probably my favorite Zone track and Above Kyoto... is a WipeOut sound that hasn't really been heard in the past few games, IMO.

I hated the vocal in SineWaves at first but it has grown on me a bit. I will still second the calls for a vocal-less version though as I still want to see if I like it more or less XD

DKKR is also my favorite FUCK THIS STUPID TRACK song.

I still love the other songs though too :D

Truespeed

daegan said:
I've had a couple days to sit on this and Lower Level, Escape Velocity, Howhiareyou, Let's Go are all getting stuck in my head intermittently (GOD i love the "NEO ---GAF" in the middle of the song. So shameless and awesome :D )

Heimdall is probably my favorite Zone track and Above Kyoto... is a WipeOut sound that hasn't really been heard in the past few games, IMO.

I hated the vocal in SineWaves at first but it has grown on me a bit. I will still second the calls for a vocal-less version though as I still want to see if I like it more or less XD

DKKR is also my favorite FUCK THIS STUPID TRACK song.

I still love the other songs though too :D

The vocals in SineWaves (my favorite track) are the impetus for my remix ambitions. I understand why they were used as they convey the War of the Worlds theme and inspiration for the track, but I hear something else and it's not martians. That said, I checked out m0dus's other tracks on GAME 1 and 2 and this guy has the talent to release a commercial techno CD - he gets melody and how to use it to hook you.

Viva La m0dus.

Truespeed said:

Well, these tracks are all being offered up for free so you probably wouldn't encounter much resistance, but I can't speak for everyone. That said, I would think it was really cool if anyone remixed my track.

FightyF

Banned
Truespeed said:

I think everyone would agree that all you would need is the artist's permission, just send a PM asking. There's not a problem in terms of releasing it as a bonus track. You're a GAFer, you make electronic music, that's all the prereqs.

BigFwoosh

Truespeed said:
Yeah, like the others I think all you would really need is the user's permission. That'd be an interesting idea for an album, too: GAF Remixes GAF. Say, after the next GAME we could rummage through all the previous GAME compilations and remix our favorites.

AlphaTwo00 said:
*Bows to all contributors.

Absolutely fantastic work. Thank you.
Let me second that emotion. I downloaded it yesterday. Really great stuff.

Having not read through the entire thread, I dunno if this has been mentioned but if you're sharing media from your PC to your PS3, you can download the music that way and it (in my case at least) automatically synched the artwork with the tracks.

nofi

m0dus said:
I actually already have a remixed version without the Orson Welles samples completed--I just need to upload it. :)

Cool.

I've been working on a couple of other tracks that work better than my original idea. It's much easier once you've got the game and can try them out behind all the rockets and wooshing... ;)

btkadams

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Ok what the hell. I downloaded the soundtrack via the rapidshare link and none of the songs will play when I try to stream them to my 360.
this soundtrack was designed specifically for wipeout hd for the ps3. there hasnt been enough testing for the wipeout hd on the 360 for us to be able to help. but maybe someone else ran into the same problem... anyone?

btkadams said:
this soundtrack was designed specifically for wipeout hd for the ps3. there hasnt been enough testing for the wipeout hd on the 360 for us to be able to help. but maybe someone else ran into the same problem... anyone?

I'm not understanding. Aren't all the songs just mp3's. Why wouldn't it work while streaming them.

btkadams

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I'm not understanding. Aren't all the songs just mp3's. Why wouldn't it work while streaming them.
i was joking. ya theyre all mp3s. they work in my itunes, ipod, car, and ps3... so im not sure why they arent streaming to your 360. are all your other mp3s streaming except for the GAME 3.0 ones?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
btkadams said:
i was joking. ya theyre all mp3s. they work in my itunes, ipod, car, and ps3... so im not sure why they arent streaming to your 360. are all your other mp3s streaming except for the GAME 3.0 ones?

The 360 knows :lol

nofi

Stike

Hi folks, I hope it is okay to do it like this - if this is interfering with the just mentioned "release schedule", I will instantly put up the old version.

My webspace is back, and this time I have a new download link, which contains not only the original G.A.M.E.3.0 album, but also the above posted "Bonus Tracks" in a separate folder.

- Sinewaves (Clean) by m0dus
- faltEr
- Pitche
and
- Zen by NoFi

As mentioned - if you dont want those tracks to be distributed like this, I will change it back.

Download the ZIP-file here:

DOWNLOAD

An OP update would be appreciated :)

Hope this helps... let´s burn another 100 GB, will ya? :D

MoMoMoMonsterEdit:
As I saw now, the bonus tracks will be released seperately. My bad!
The file that is linked now above is the very same original release.
I will wait for your official "go" concerning the bonus tracks ;) :)

Top Bottom