• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
They did this earlier on today I believe. You don't see any of the live feeds show up if you're browsing on the PC. Direct links will work though, I think.

ahhhhh but the other games work fine correct?

it sucks that some idiot messed up the whole playroom stuff.

netguy503

N7QuMUJ.jpg

So you guys usualy fuck with clothes on? Interesting...and weird.

weevles

It's still working, but I notice there are only gameplay streams. No live cam stuff at the moment. Fun while it lasted?

I'm listening to MsJennaCyde play BF4. Meh.

netguy503

It's still working, but I notice there are only gameplay streams. No live cam stuff at the moment. Fun while it lasted?

I guy is still streaming Burger King. And just said "Fuck that, I don't care if I get banned I'll just come back". And I'm 99% sure spartan show will come back tonight. Um, yea.

freelevel

Banned

It should be MrsJennaCyde as she's married. Getting that wrong is one thing, but playing BF4 is too much.

vilmer_

I guy is still streaming Burger King. And just said "Fuck that, I don't care if I get banned I'll just come back". And I'm 99% sure spartan show will come back tonight. Um, yea.

Spartan is not going anywhere. They see him as a possible income source. Someone was saying he was partnered already, and I wouldn't be surprised if the subscription button is incoming. You should see some of the shit that partnered streamers get away with.

netguy503

Spartan is not going anywhere. They see him as a possible income source. Someone was saying he was partnered already, and I wouldn't be surprised if the subscription button is incoming. You should see some of the shit that partnered streamers get away with.

That, and the twitch scandal last week, is too much. This is unfair and show a very mixed message to your community. :(

Moofers

I heard his show the other night was pretty half-assed like he was already tired of it. Was that wrong?

And how long do you think guys like him can keep coming back to do shows night after night? I mean that dude has a wife, even. I'd think she'll tell him to take it down a notch so they can get back to having dates and other things going on at night.

PBY

Banned
I heard his show the other night was pretty half-assed like he was already tired of it. Was that wrong?

And how long do you think guys like him can keep coming back to do shows night after night? I mean that dude has a wife, even. I'd think she'll tell him to take it down a notch so they can get back to having dates and other things going on at night.

I watched the show for 10 mins last night, the first time I tuned in. Some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

He literally would take a call, say he didn't know, and google shit. Apparently this went on for hours? How can people watch this?

I don't care that he doesn't know anything, but hes super boring.

when people get a taste of fame, they don't stop. if anything he'll spend more time on it. he undoubtably has to do a shorter show though, i can't imagine doing 6 hours of that shit, there's a reason there's no radio or tv shows more than half that long. i'm done having fun mocking it, just gonna tune out for good. it was entertaining calling him up to find out he didn't know the konami code or never heard of spelunky though, there's more interesting shit out there now that i got a few lolz trolling him a bit -_-

PBY

Banned
Meh something needed to be done.

If its true that Spartan can go on, thats really shitty though, that essentially eliminates any sort of competition. And the Spartan show is garbageee.

so it sucks that Twitch had to make the first move and block Playroom instead of getting Sony to disable it, but i also say good riddance.

if you want to make a live show then get a web cam and do it on your laptop/PC. why do it on PS4 with a game you're not even playing? just clogs up the Live from Playstation app with unnecessary junk. when the full twitch app comes out, people can just go there if they want to see live shows.

netguy503

Meh something needed to be done.

If its true that Spartan can go on, thats really shitty though, that essentially eliminates any sort of competition. And the Spartan show is garbageee.

He's gonna get tons of hate and the calls will be even more hilarious if he is the only one let through this. I agree with another poster on here, the guy has a pregnant wife and kids, let it go. Is it worth it with all the hate you'll receive now if you continue?

Also, I'm watching a guy sit on a bed and talk. Essentially what I was doing. But he's playing with the robots. I guess. I should of done that. :/

CREMSteve

He's gonna get tons of hate and the calls will be even more hilarious if he is the only one let through this. I agree, the guy has a pregnant wife and kids, let it go. Is it worth it with all the hate you'll receive now if you continue?

Also, I'm watching a guy sit on a bed and talk. Essentially what I was doing. But he's playing with the robots. I guess. I should of done that. :/
You need to give it a rest already. Stream to ustream, what's the damn problem here.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Seems like the Toy Maker DLC is being released today (in the US) for The Playroom:

The Toy Maker for The Playroom allows users to use the PlayStation App on tablets, smartphones or PS Vita to interact with AR Bots. The Toy Maker presents itself as a drawing application. Users can create any 2D drawing and simply flick it into the screen where it will become a 3D toy for Ar Bots to play with. The Toy maker DLC will be released on November 26th in North America and will be available at PS4 launch in Europe on November 29th.

Mobius 1

Good riddance.

And the Spartan guy, he must realize that the fluked into popularity on the first night because of the novelty, right?

vilmer_

Just so you guys know, any content regarding Playroom is now considered non-gaming content and will be shut down if they see you streaming it. Please go watch 17 year olds playing league of legends instead :LOL

netguy503

You need to give it a rest already. Stream to ustream, what's the damn problem here.

Damn problem is I was banned from the entirety of twitch. There are people I mod for on that channel, channels I watch/subscribed to, I love going to there/ps4 now watching streamers and joining in the chat. I'm a gamer. I love games. To be banned completely for a first time offense, and a very tame ("boring") show while its still on and while others are still streaming shows which confuses me about the rules feels wrong to me. Also alot of those channels created multiple accounts to stream over and over again. I haven't. I shouldn't be Twitch's problem here.

What a rollercoaster of a week. A shame to see it go, but people sort of ruined it pretty quickly.

Also I don't give two flying fucks about Ustream. Half the fun of the Playroom drama was the crazy community of trolls.

Riggs

Banned
Damn problem is I was banned from the entirety of twitch. There are people I mod for on that channel, channels I watch/subscribed to, I love going to there/ps4 now watching streamers and joining in the chat. I'm a gamer. I love games. To be banned completely for a first time offense, and a very tame ("boring") show while its still on and while others are still streaming shows which confuses me about the rules feels wrong to me. Also alot of those channels created multiple accounts to stream over and over again. I haven't. I shouldn't be Twitch's problem here.

sorry man, assholes imo.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
When the traffic drops they will add it back, now no one will care about twitch but pc gamers

And we know the non gaming stuff if just a side excuse . They did it because the Europeans would have destroyed the servers
They've always banned non-gaming content. And lol at Twitch being only for PC gamers.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just so you guys know, any content regarding Playroom is now considered non-gaming content and will be shut down if they see you streaming it. Please go watch 17 year olds playing league of legends instead :LOL

And I go back to not really caring about Twitch. *shrug*

The novelty was fun while it lasted.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
As has been mentioned, non-gaming content has always been bannable. This would have happened a lot earlier (on as large of a scale) if casuals could work out how to configure OBS and go live.

Also, anyone labeling as twitch for "PC gamers only" should probably give browsing the site a go.

Top Bottom