• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope!
oi27q1d0mbgz.jpg

I'll give everyone this...

those *are* teeth.

Ashby

The owl ring took him to the Black Lodge. Which is now something we've seen the ring literally do.
Which is a good part of the reason I was questioning what made Coop special a few pages back. Why all the help for Coop to leave the Black Lodge and not Chet? Poor guy just picked up a ring off the ground in a trailer park and is doomed to an eternity in hell.

Slaythe

Which is a good part of the reason I was questioning what made Coop special a few pages back. Why all the help for Coop to leave the Black Lodge and not Chet? Poor guy just picked up a ring off the ground in a trailer park and is doomed to an eternity in hell.

1) He might be dead

2) His soul might have vanished / never escaped

3) Doppelcoop had Bob with him and they literally tried to create a bridge between the two worlds

4) Doppelcoop was meant to go back and cheated, therefore some cosmic force is trying to get Cooper back where he belongs

We don't know what happened to Chad.

Blader

It could just be that what makes Coop special is that it's his doppelganger that's threatening the lodge spirits, making Coop the one who needs to stop him. Maybe if BOB had left the lodge in a Desmond doppelganger, Chet would be MIKE and The Arm's go-to guy.

Obscura

No way that's Laura's mouth in Sarah's head hole. Those teeth are comically huge.

Random but in FWWM is there a doppelganger situation going on with the Theresa Banks stuff? Can't remember much about the beginning and our new defintion of Blue Rose doesn't jive with her from what little I remember.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 and 15 didn't have any Dougie/Cooper significance at all. I don't think Lynch cares about plot anywhere near as much as the viewers do.

Plus the fact that this was all shot at once without regard for episode numbers

Vectorman

Banned
Real talk, I would buy a Black Lodge Zig Zag shit that was a wrap around and had the curtains as a shirt pocket. That would look legit.

Blader

Plus the fact that this was all shot at once without regard for episode numbers

I had been thinking that myself too, but on the other hand, there's no reason Lynch couldn't have just left the numbers blank in the script and then CGI'd them in later once they had decided when certain events would happening in which episodes.

Obscura

Their merch store is a weird one

It's clearly not at the right scale, but I don't think it's supposed to be. By that logic the hand inside there is also comically huge.

Have a pic of the hand?

Admittedly I know nothing of scale and perspective but the image posted by PurpleMoustache seems to make Laura's smile about the same size as Sarah's and the teeth are very different. Sarah's teeth almost look like they were drawn/created in photoshop or the equivalent.

I don't normally obsess over ratings but this is a bit disheartening.

Ratings Disaster: Showtime’s “Twin Peaks” Reboot Fails to Make Top 150 Cable Shows for Sunday Night

I hope that the streaming numbers are at least good and I hope that this doesn't stop Frost/Lynch from making season 4 if they want.
We've already had CBS point to Twin Peaks as one of the reasons they made more money recently than they expected because of all the sign ups. Ratings aren't really all that relevant.

If it doesn't happen it won't be because so few people tune into Showtime live on a Sunday.

Also this article is trash in it's descriptions of Part 14.

Kerned

Banned

Ratings Disaster: Showtime’s “Twin Peaks” Reboot Fails to Make Top 150 Cable Shows for Sunday Night

I hope that the streaming numbers are at least good and I hope that this doesn't stop Frost/Lynch from making season 4 if they want.

Even if we never get a follow up season, I think I'd be okay with that. The Return has been one of my favorite television experiences of all time. It's already far exceeded my expectations of what a third season of Twin Peaks could be, and there are still four episodes left. If he sticks the landing, it might be end up being the crowning achievement of Lynch's career.

I just can't envision how the next season would top this, especially if Lynch weren't willing or able to co-write and direct all the episodes.

grumpy

We've already had CBS point to Twin Peaks as one of the reasons they made more money recently than they expected because of all the sign ups. Ratings aren't really all that relevant.

If it doesn't happen it won't be because so few people tune into Showtime live on a Sunday.

Also this article is trash in it's descriptions of Part 14.

Glad to hear, although I'm still a little bitter that the new season hasn't managed to recapture lightning in a bottle, impossible as it may be.

And yeah, the article was trash, regardless of what one thinks of Twin Peaks and the ratings in general.

Even if we never get a follow up season, I think I'd be okay with that. The Return has been one of my favorite television experiences of all time. It's already far exceeded my expectations of what a third season of Twin Peaks could be, and there are still four episodes left. If he sticks the landing, it might be end up being the crowning achievement of Lynch's career.

I just can't envision how the next season would top this, especially if Lynch weren't willing or able to co-write and direct all the episodes.

I do agree with all this, but I am more optimistic that we will get more now, than I was before the series started.

Slaythe

Glad to hear, although I'm still a little bitter that the new season hasn't managed to recapture lightning in a bottle, impossible as it may be.

And yeah, the article was trash, regardless of what one thinks of Twin Peaks and the ratings in general.

Sorry but the shape of TV in 2017 has nothing to do with the 90s. So it was NEVER gonna be the same no matter what had happened.

Everybody subscribed to showtime can watch the show anytime they want with DVR or streaming, they got a lot of new subscribers just for this show. Which is what they care about.

The new airtime is also probably bad for the show's mood so people might prefer to watch later or after game of thrones etc..

Now that being said, another project ? I'm sure Showtime would love to.

18 episodes ? AH AH AH

But I feel like Lynch might agree to do 10 if he creates something new, while he had things he wanted to do specifically for his last return to Twin Peaks.

Joqu

Regarding the Laura / Sarah Palmer face thing, I'm really not convinced anyway, but I've also heard people say the hand that appears in Sarah's face is Laura's when she took her face off in this season. Any truth to this? I can't do a comparison right now.

And yeah, I totally get the longing for season 3 to have been similar to the phenomenon that was the original series from a fan's perspective. But keep in mind people turned on it real quick back then anyway, and it's not like season 2's quality dip was to blame, so I don't think such a thing was ever meant to be. Twin Peaks went from something enormous to a cult classic in a really short time, right?
...And that's about where my interest in ratings ends. Though I will say I find the detractors making Twin Peaks out to be some financial disaster to be quite annoying.

Zach

I... I never thought we'd get more. Like, I see you guys talk about it, but I've never expected it. And I don't know that I'd want it. As long as this wraps up beautifully. And that seemed to be Lynch's aim, yeah? Something that could serve as a satisfying conclusion. And if that's not pulled off, I'd probably be annoyed and want to move on anyway.

I dunno. I'm just in the mindset of "this is it," which is probably the best place to be.

I... I never thought we'd get more. Like, I see you guys talk about it, but I've never expected it. And I don't know that I'd want it. As long as this wraps up beautifully. And that seemed to be Lynch's aim, yeah? Something that could serve as a satisfying conclusion. And if that's not pulled off, I'd probably be annoyed and want to move on anyway.

I dunno. I'm just in the mindset of "this is it," which is probably the best place to be.

If they make more, it will only be because David and Mark have a story they really want to tell. That much I know.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I want Lynch to work on a wholly new show once this wraps up, where he directs all episodes and keeps it tighter. Maybe a mini series of 10 episodes or so set in the Lost Highway universe, but not specifically referencing it.

Flipyap

They're stealing memes now? I mean, yeah, it was a good one, but... geez, Showtime.

I can't describe how much I hate that name (and Chrysta Bell's delivery certainly didn't help). The FBI part of this show had some seriously questionable writing, but I don't think anything hurt my appreciation of Twin Peaks's goofy-ass government agencies than turning Gordon's overly secret project into what sounds like a loosely-licensed '90s video game/cartoon spin-off.

I know we met Laura's doppleganger in the waiting room (in what is the most pant-shittingly scary moment of the series to me), but we never saw her pull any shit in the real world. Maybe she has possessed Sarah somehow. Who knows how it works.

I want Lynch to work on a wholly new show once this wraps up, where he directs all episodes and keeps it tighter. Maybe a mini series of 10 episodes or so set in the Lost Highway universe, but not specifically referencing it.

I want him to keep working with Frost.

Whether it's in this universe or not, right now I don't overly care. I think that partnership has proven to create material that's perfectly aligned with what I want to get out of a TV show.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I want him to keep working with Frost.

Whether it's in this universe or not, right now I don't overly care. I think that partnership has proven to create material that's perfectly aligned with what I want to get out of a TV show.

Well, yeah sure. Wouldn't mind having Frost there. Could be a great team, like it is with TP. I just want him to continue making things.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Showtime sent me a hype email for Part 15.

496f23025aff718f2ba1fb8d33ac7c7e.png

First part they've sent a specific hype message for since Part 5 (where they reminded when Part 5 was going to air more than hyping it).

Plum

Showtime sent me a hype email for Part 15.

496f23025aff718f2ba1fb8d33ac7c7e.png

First part they've sent a specific hype message for since Part 5 (where they reminded when Part 5 was going to air more than hyping it).

Dougie's gonna wake up.

You don't send a message like that if Dougie ain't waking up.

It's happening

This is confusing................does this only tally those who watch it live? Because I never watch it live. How can they account for viewership off of TV, such as Amazon streams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom