• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
18588832_1449881311699638_8343557997480884127_o.jpg

In spite of incredible odds...
We won.

98c1b5291a0ac0ccb95019a7b84cea58.gif

YES, I just found out that Netflix confirmed yesterday that they're airing it in my country! It's airing a day later but It's certainly better than nothing.

chekhonte

Did any of you watch the 3rd season of Louis, the one where David Lynch played the character of Jack Dall? It's really fucking good.

ObprIvH.jpg

Girlfriend just finished her first watch of the series earlier this week. My second time. Now we're watching a recommended fan edit of FWWM, which is a first for both of us.

.see you in one daY.
Nooo, who the hell keeps telling people to watch the fan edits in their first watch? I'm gonna stick their souls in a wooden knob

Bakkus

With neither Lara Boyle or Heather Graham reprising their roles, how are they gonna continue two of the biggest cliffhangers from the first show?

Plum

Good news for UK folks! Sky Atlantic's putting up episodes 3 and 4 on demand at 4am on Sunday so if you have that or Now TV you'll be set. There's a 14 day free trial (be careful, it's one that charges you at the end) if you need it.

Man looking at those season 2 gifs, I had forgotten how off the rails it became and then you get that last episode which is pure Lynch and it all just feels like a bunch of, "Wut?"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All those GIF moments were great, even if Lynch hates them.

On my rewatch, I actually liked all those moments even more.

Dusk Golem

While I agree with everyone that the Season 2 'rough stretch' is the roughest part of the show, I don't truly dislike it (well, okay I'm with everyone where I hate James' and Donna's arc in that rough patch, that is legitimately just bad, but I digress). The show loses its focus for a few episodes and there comes up some strange subplots, some better than others, and the show gets really wacky in a weird way. You could almost say cartoonish, but it's kind of off-beat and I just personally find it all kind of hilarious. There's also some pretty good scenes here and there in the rough patch as well.

I do appreciate when it starts to find its footing again and then build-up to the excellent season finale episode, but as a one-off I actually don't hate the Twin Peaks season 2 lull.

This said, I'm happy Lynch and Frost are directing all of Season 3. While I don't hate the lull bit it also certainly wasn't my favorite part of the show, and I think it works as a one-time thing rather than what season 3 should strive to be. I suspect Season 3 will still have comedy, Lynch by himself often has off-beat comedy already and Mark Frost has his own brand of comedy, bring them together and I'm sure this season won't be comedy-less for certain, but I do expect it won't get quite that wacky or cartoony ever again.

aravuus

Same here. Everything about James was still genuinely boring and something I should've skipped, but otherwise I still loved season 2. It gets so goddamn weird at times I just can't bring myself to not love it.

AoM

With neither Lara Boyle or Heather Graham reprising their roles, how are they gonna continue two of the biggest cliffhangers from the first show?

I can only hope that, just because someone isn't on the cast list, it doesn't mean they're not in the show.

Dusk Golem

I can only hope that, just because someone isn't on the cast list, it doesn't mean they're not in the show.

There's one case this is already proven, in the "It's Happening Again" Teaser trailer, one of the characters that appears (the old lady with brunette hair) is not on the cast list. So seeing her could imply they left out some people (or maybe this old lady never speaks, since the list was speaking roles or something like that, but then a costume designer on the show mentioned there was 237 total speaking parts, which if you count the given speaking parts list it's missing a few roles on it if that's true).

Blader

Donna's story didn't end on a cliffhanger. Ben is her father and she's upset about it.

I assume, given Boyle's absence from this season, if they address Donna at all, it'll be about how she left town to get away from her family.

Dusk Golem

Donna's story didn't end on a cliffhanger. Ben is her father and she's upset about it.

I assume, given Boyle's absence from this season, if they address Donna at all, it'll be about how she left town to get away from her family.

Lynch said something to the effect yesterday that Donna is absent in the new season completely when someone was asking him about her. I'm not sure I'll fully believe that until I see it for myself, it's so weird that her father and her youngest sister are in the season and she isn't, but I guess we'll see.

You know, one potential explanation I just thought of is maybe Doc and his wife got divorced after the Season 2 finale. So Donna went somewhere else with their mom, maybe like some split custody thing. That's just an off-hand theory though, there could be any number of reasons she's not in the season if so, but wih so many characters Donna was connected with in the season it's weird to see her absent.

AoM

There's one case this is already proven, in the "It's Happening Again" Teaser trailer, one of the characters that appears (the old lady with brunette hair) is not on the cast list. So seeing her could imply they left out some people (or maybe this old lady never speaks, since the list was speaking roles or something like that, but then a costume designer on the show mentioned there was 237 total speaking parts, which if you count the given speaking parts list it's missing a few roles on it if that's true).

I also hope they want to have some surprises there, too. How cool would it be to see Heather Graham or Chris Isaak unexpectedly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom