• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadale

I'm getting the black console, and I think I'm just in for NSMB U and maybe Zombi U if it turns out to be any good.

Cbajd5

I need to remember to call Best Buy later/tomorrow/Friday to see if they'll have deluxe sets for non-pre-orders at their midnight opening. Otherwise I've got my GameStop pre-order. Or maybe I can try K-mart to get it a bit earlier.

SuperPac

Very hyped. Have Deluxe Sets preordered at Walmart and Target; if one falls through I have the other.

My games: NintendoLand, New Super Mario Bros. U, Assassin's Creed III and maybe ZombiU depending on the reviews (but it's pretty likely I'll be picking that up too). Will be buying the retail copies because I'm sure downloads on day 1 will be horrifically slow.

01DragonFly

Me. I have no idea where to go though, and nobody's being helpful. :(

I probably go to a 24h walmart then
target /toys R us (8:00 a.m)
best buy (11:00 am) probably open early around 9 or 10 if there are people outside
gamestop (good luck)

as last resource if you have a costco membership look there( I will try to report if they are selling some on that day)

hatchx

Banned
Great OP.

I'll be picking up a Black Deluxe with NSMBU, ZombiU and Nintend Land (packed in). Will probably pick up Black Ops 2 and some Eshop games over the holidays.

I think Sonic Racing is MSRP 39.99 btw.

Two Questions:

Do we have any idea what games will be available to download? I would download ZombiU, but I want it day 1 and I'm not sure if it's downloadable.

Ridley327

Wait a tic. Is this like a limit time offer thing? Or is it like foreva?

The service right now is scheduled to run into the end of 2014, but I imagine that Nintendo is going to watch it closely to see about making it available for every user for a fee after that point.

Beckx

So, external hard drives. Would there be any noticeable benefit to using an SSD external drive? Or since it only has USB 2.0, is the speed advantage from SSD lost?

Parallacs

So I have Toys R' Us and Gamestop preorders for a deluxe.

I got two just for the heck of it. No one on facebook wanted my preorder so I'm going to cancel one.

Any thoughts on which store would be more reliable?

Codeblue

I have my order at Target.com.

They have the estimated delivery date as Sunday the 18th. I'm hoping that means I'll get it Monday.

NSMBW should come in on Monday as well. Pretty excited to have this for Thanksgiving break.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This is a much more accurate list of launch titles in EU:

• Assassin's Creed 3
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Darksiders II
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games
  • Funky Barn
  • FIFA 13
  • Game Party Champions
  • Just Dance 4
  • Marvel Avengers Battle For Earth
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • Nano Assault Neo
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Special Edition
  • Sports Connection
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut
  • Transformers Prime: The Game
  • Your Shape 2013
  • ZombiU
I double checked Nintendo of Europe's press release and distributor listings. So this should be fine.

I take it I won't be able to play Xenoblade with a Wii U Pro controller.

Ah, man. Little basic things that could have made the launch a lot more exciting (Wii games that don't have motion controls being playable on Pro controller without having to be connected to a remote, VC games being playable on the gamepad, etc)

kunonabi

Having my stuff shipped to me so I won't be a part of the launch festivities sadly

Launch day purchases:

Deluxe Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Zombie U

Black Friday I'm going to and get some of the following:

Batman
Scribblenauts
Sonic & All-stars racing
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Disney Epic Mickey 2
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Easily looking to be the second best launch lineup for me after the DC

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I preordered the deluxe and a couple games online with Best Buy and had them ship to my local store. Picked up Scribblenauts Wii U yesterday, they mentioned I should be able to just go to the Store Pick-up line to pick up my order on Sunday.

Downhome

I have my Wii U and NSMBU preordered and fully paid for at Game Stop, and I have ZombiU on preorder at newegg for the $47.99 deal. I can't freakin' wait!

I am however having a problem. I'm thinking about canceling my ZombiU order from newegg, switching over my NSMBU preorder at GS to ZombiU, and then just digitally downloading NSMBU. I CAN'T DECIDE!

I'm glad I just read this...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/09/wii-us-scary-automatic-shutoff-feature

Nintendo's new system features an 'automatic shutoff' feature, which turns off the system "if there has been no input for a set period of time," according to the system's manual. Here's the catch - a lack of input is still counted when a game is running and paused. We know - we had the system shut off on us when we left the system alone and came back after 90 minutes. System - off. Game progress - lost. By default, this option is activated, and appears to be set to activate after an hour, as we painfully learned.

That would be correct; all Wii games need Wii accessories, due to how Wii Mode works.

Here's hoping they update the console with the ability to do this at a future date. It would be SO nice to me to be able to play Wii games that don't require motion controls to be playable on the U Pro. I really wasn't a fan of having to connect the classic controller to a remote. Not like it was some major inconvenience, maybe it's just a mental thing. Or a me thing.

Drago

Finally! This thread was long overdue. Thanks for putting the off tv play info in there too, Rösti. It's still not complete though so I'll be sure to keep you updated if you like.

I'll be going to Gamestop Sunday morning to pick up:
Basic WiiU
New Super Mario Bros. U
(maybe a White Pro Controller or ZombiU if I'm weak)

And from NewEgg:
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

I can't wait. System launches are the best. :D

Cosmozone

I was so determined to hold off this time due to my huge backlog. But surfing and HD gaming in bed... damn. I'm really tempted. I hope Miiverse adapts to my lurking habits.

Ridley327

Here's hoping they update the console with the ability to do this at a future date. It would be SO nice to me to be able to play Wii games that don't require motion controls to be playable on the U Pro. I really wasn't a fan of having to connect the classic controller to a remote. Not like it was some major inconvenience, maybe it's just a mental thing. Or a me thing.

I doubt that we'll see retail Wii games get updated like that.

On the other hand, get ready for the veritable bounty of HD remaster candidates that Nintendo surely has in the pipeline!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I've preordered the basic set at Target, but am seriously considering waiting at the Nintendo World Store in Manhattan to get the deluxe set.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Got my Wii U Deluxe Set pre-ordered with NSMBU but I'll only be getting it in the mail on monday or tuesday which kind of sucks, but I guess I can live not getting it on launch day, even though the feeling won't be the same, but then at least I know I won't have to be looking around for one before christmas!

explodet

Grabbing NSMBU and ZombiiU with my deluxe order. Sadly I won't be able to play it because of a planned week-long vacation right before release.

Can't wait to see the first "Wii U smashed" youtube video.

tolkir

Rösti;44339920 said:

• Assassin's Creed 3
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Darksiders II
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games
  • Funky Barn
  • FIFA 13
  • Game Party Champions
  • Just Dance 4
  • Marvel Avengers Battle For Earth
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • Nano Assault Neo
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Special Edition
  • Sports Connection
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut
  • Transformers Prime: The Game
  • Your Shape 2013
  • ZombiU
I double checked Nintendo of Europe's press release and distributor listings. So this should be fine.

Warriors Orochi 3 and Rabbids Land are launch games too.

MicH

Rösti;44339920 said:

[snip]

That's great, thank you for checking it.

CronoShot

Preordered:

Deluxe Set
New Super Mario Bros. U
Assassin's Creed III
ZombiU
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Stuff I'm considering, but probably won't get day 1 (if at all):

Pro Controller
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Darksiders 2
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Gonna be a good launch. Weirdly, my most anticipated function of the Wii U is off-TV play. BO2 and AC3 are gonna be great in bed
if you know what I mean

e_i

Dell.com Deluxe version with Madden and DancedanceIgoingtosellthegame. Mario Wii U.
Amazon BLOPS 2 and ZombiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom