• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Spoiler Free Early Impressions Thread

17494590_262762570850584_5749795791443066880_n.jpg

Several lucky gaffers have managed to snag the game today in NYC and elsewhere, and more will likely be able to do so in the near future; knowing that, let's discuss it here until the Review Thread and OT hit.

Regarding Spoilers:
  • Refrain from posting spoilers. (Text, Images, GIFs, etc.) If you're even slightly unsure of whether or not something is a spoiler, please use spoiler tags. Example: "I can't believe
    Morgana isn't a cat
    !"
  • Please mark ALL story/event spoiler tags with the IN-GAME DATE for reference. Example: "I can't believe (4/4)
    Morgana isn't a cat
    !"
*Credit for OP Image goes to Sneaker Dude.

You should credit sneaker dude for the pic.

Also yes, great idea for a thread! Cannot wait to read non-import impressions especially about the dub.

Edit: I meant MarkMan, lol.

zeromcd73

I beat the game back when it released in Japan. One of the best if not best game ever made that I have played. It took me about 83 hours, although I didn't get to max out every social link I was pretty close.

Enjoy the 90+ metacritic.

Rixxan

I'm interested in this game but have zero experience with the series or similar titles TBH

What should I do to educate myself without overwhelming myself?

I beat the game back when it released in Japan. One of the best if not best game ever made that I have played. It took me about 83 hours, although I didn't get to max out every social link I was pretty close.

Did you understand the game 99%?

It kinda feels weird to see an early impressions thread for a game that has been out for over six months.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thread whining. This definitely needs a thread. Just saying how it felt to see it.

I'm interested in this game but have zero experience with the series or similar titles TBH

Nothing, just jump right into P5. Each entry in the series is pretty much standalone and with all the QOL improvements in the game, P5 is easily the best entry point for newcomers to the series. If you wanted to try any of the old games, you probably won't be done until quite a while after P5 comes out.

Rixxan

Nothing, just jump right into P5. Each entry in the series is pretty much standalone and with all the QOL improvements in the game, P5 is easily the best entry point for newcomers to the series. If you wanted to try any of the old games, you probably won't be done until quite a while after P5 comes out.

Thanks

I agree with this.

Lynx_7

P4 was a top 5 game of all time to me so the possibility that I might be playing a top 3 contender a few weeks from now feels kinda surreal after all this time. Specially crazy considering how I'm already going through a top 10 contender right now (BOTW) and possibly another one whenever I get to it (N:A).What a fucking insanely high bar 2017 has set.

GSR

Might not go that far, lol. But I had a great time with the Japanese release too - particularly given I'm not much of a JRPG guy these days. I imagine series fans will love it.

Ferrio

Banned
P4 was a top 5 game of all time to me so the possibility that I might be playing a top 3 contender a few weeks from now feels kinda surreal after all this time. Specially crazy considering how I'm already going through a top 10 contender right now (BOTW) and possibly another one whenever I get to it (N:A).What a fucking insanely high bar 2017 has set.

Going at this rate it might rival 2001.

Goldboy

Would you say it's better than Persona 4?

Cubas

Persona 4 Golden was my first JRPG and I was fine. Persona games are stand-alone so there's not much you have to do.

Just get Persona 5 and ask any questions you might have in the OT or something.

Gestahl

Would you say it's better than Persona 4?

Mechanically it's not even close. Storywise, it'll depend on your attachment to the characters and whether or not you value 4's more laid back atmosphere over something with a tighter plot focus.

Top Bottom