• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass |OT| Snake Had A Hard Life

This thread title is pretty great.

Anyway, gonna be honest: I mostly want the game for the soundtrack. Gameplay might be really good for all I know, but the gameplay videos I've seen haven't convinced me. Maybe it's one of those things I just gotta try first.

I hate hate hate seeing the words "price parity" listed as a feature to buying the Switch version. Glad they're doing it, but it shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Zafir

I hate hate hate seeing the words "price parity" listed as a feature to buying the Switch version. Glad they're doing it, but it shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Heh, funnily enough they've done a really nice price for the UK as well.

I guess as UK devs they know how freaking annoying it can be when we have to put up with dollar = pound conversion rates(Such as Has Been Heroes).

Graphics settings on PC could do with some descriptions. Like, what's the actual difference between Low, Medium, High and Very High Anti-aliasing? Or the post-process setting?

I feel like I'm just turning knobs and hoping for the best. Having to go back to the main menu to make any graphical changes is annoying enough, since you don't get an instant comparison.

hawk2025

Any PS4 Pro feedback?

I'm about halfway through the game.

It looks incredible in 4K mode but I felt a bit of stuttering, but it runs at a solid 60 in 1080p mode so far. Very happy.

No formal tests here, just my impressions from playing 7 levels.

brawly

I'm about halfway through the game.

It looks incredible in 4K mode but I felt a bit of stuttering, but it runs at a solid 60 in 1080p mode so far. Very happy.

No formal tests here, just my impressions from playing 7 levels.

You on a 4K tv? Wonder if it downsamples.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, HD rumble on Switch is awful, IMO. It's way too loud and I've been turning it off when I can. Sucks you can't turn it off in this game.
Keep in mind that the joycon has both he rumble and regular rumble, and what your most likely experiencing is the regular one

one4myhomies

Neo Member
The thing that's putting me off is that it only has 15 levels, which seems like very little for a game like this. How long does it take to complete a level?

Yeah, same here. Was my concern when they revealed the price. I was honestly hoping for a more robust game at ~$40. Maybe they'll have some future levels via DLC.

hawk2025

Game is quite robust, starting at level 5 or so you can easily spend half an hour to an hour just looking for the collectibles and exploring. Level 5 is likely to take as long as 1-4 combined in my experience.

And there's reason to do it, because collectibles are placed in all kinds of hidden areas and behind fun traversal challenges -- they are not just random bits of stuff with no purpose, since getting to them is where the fun is.

This will easily be a 6 to 10 hour game to finish for me.

This plus Yooka-Laylee gives the Switch a nice retro feel to it to start its life. Very nice. Will pick it up later tonight. This game reminds me of Snake Rattle & Roll on NES.

jacobeid

Banned
How about correcting me instead of shitposting then? Where am I wrong? What's the list of hd rumble titles?

Fast RMX has HD rumble support, for one. GEM, coming in April, will also support HD rumble. I think blaster master does too?

Also why so aggressive

nynt9

You could at least do some simple research.
FAST RMX uses HD Rumble as does Blaster Master Zero.

I have both games and have no idea hey had HD rumble. Just felt like regular rumble to me. I guess it's just a marketing feature for the most part then, or maybe not well utilized by every game.

I have both games and have no idea hey had HD rumble. Just felt like regular rumble to me. I guess it's just a marketing feature for the most part then, or maybe not well utilized by every game.

its not well uitilized in every game. try it with 1,2 switch its amazing when done right

Unkle

this the kinda track that makes feel like i'll be happy one day

gotta pick this game up

You will be, mate. Trust me.

Yeah, every song's gold but it's odd juxtaposition -- you're tearing your hair out trying to reach one of the gatekeeper's gold coins, and then you'll refocus and catch wind of the song loop and before long you're bobbing away your frustration.

maxcriden

That stinks. I did just find this bit of good news though...

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/03/28/snake-pass-nintendo-switchs-rumble-sound-broken/

Although now it makes me tempted to hold off on buying the game until they patch it. That article has a video of when the rumble goes haywire and it's a tad obnoxious.

Thanks for the info! I'll be interested to hear from non-Switch players of the rumble is integral to the enjoyment of the game orif it's just as good to get it now and turn off the rumble (through the OS main menu).

Okada

That's a pretty weird comment.
As if the Switch version was forbidden or something.

Not at all. I think that's a weird interpretation, especially considering there are tons of people saying similar things.

I have access to both a better (technically) and cheaper version of the game but there's just something about getting it on the Switch that's tempting me.

wtf this soundtrack is so good i feel like i'm 6 years old booting up DKC for the first time. idc how this game controls or plays or whatever this is 10/10

Unkle

Since there's love for the OST -- David Wise is well and truly back -- here's the song from the first world. The one I originally linked was from the second one.

Top Bottom